Sign in to follow this  
jpinard

OA - Where are the beautiful fields of pink poppies? or did I dream that?

I think I'm going nuts. I could have sworn I saw a screenshot of a large field of Pink Poppies. I had the perfect battle set this kind of location, but for the life of me I can't find it. The only thing I see is a tiny field in Takistan at grid 113-066 and a small plot at 102-059

I hope there's a valley in one of the OA maps I just keep missing...

BIS secret valley of pink poppies? Sounds like a myth. Sort of like non-warping AI. Maybe they ate all the poppies.

Some say he used his unbelievable powers to escape from Chernarus.

And some say, his favourite snack is a field of Pink Poppies.

All we know is, he's called BIGFOOT!!!

Some say he used his unbelievable powers to escape from Chernarus.

And some say, his favourite snack is a field of Pink Poppies.

All we know is, he's called BIGFOOT!!!

LOL-i assumed 'The Stig' was coming at the end! :D

Well its seems a little unrealistic not to include it in this particular theater of war. I mean

not to have missions that reflect guarding the worlds heroin production, isn't real life at all.

Oops ... politics.

like in this screenshot?

[imghttp://www.aan-online.com/images/stories/news/jac_img1.jpg[/img]

might be too big sorry

Thats a beautiful pic! :)

You may be remembering Arb's WIP shots of his Afghan map, if the above picture isn't what you saw.

like in this screenshot?

http://www.aan-online.com/images/stories/news/jac_img1.jpg[/color]

might be too big sorry

I'm pretty sure that's North Takistan around Rasmun? <-- I think that's what I was remembering but just extrapolated it was an acre or two in size.

I found some larger plots of Poppies Way north of Zargabad, but they're not the density and height I was hoping for. They're more like sporadic zones of weeds.

They're all around the maps (Takistan and Zargabad). The problem is that you'll only notice them if you're very close to one. You can't see them from the air for example because the pink will "pop in" only at a very low distance to the field.

This one here is in Nagara for example.

poppies01.jpg

LOL-i assumed 'The Stig' was coming at the end! :D

No, he is not the Stig, but he is the Stig Takistan cousin.;)

There are a bunch around Bastam (town center near the 056089 grid IIRC). I was doing a LAN mountain warfare mission the other day where that town was pretty contested between the BLUFOR and "green forces", so I was running/driving through there quite a bit and saw a lot of them around.

I want to make a counter-drug mission in the editor, i.e. a drug lord is funding local terrorism operations with drug production, and you need to find the guy and arrest him and destroy the crops; the problems are 1) trying to get a mission trigger to work that will detect the destruction of specific plants that are on the map, 2) while some of the kinds of plants (like the various bush-like ones) get flattened by explosives, that doesn't work with the grass-like or flower-like ones (you need to drive over them with a vehicle), and 3) it would be nice to make it a joint operation with what would be the "new Takistani Army" forces (to emulate Coalition forces working with Iraqi and Afghan Army forces in real life) but I'd have to see if there is a mod out that would work, because there aren't default units that really fit the bill.

Edited by TinManNFO

There are a bunch around Bastam (town center near the 056089 grid IIRC). I was doing a LAN mountain warfare mission the other day where that town was pretty contested between the BLUFOR and "green forces", so I was running/driving through there quite a bit and saw a lot of them around.

I want to make a counter-drug mission in the editor, i.e. a drug lord is funding local terrorism operations with drug production, and you need to find the guy and arrest him and destroy the crops; the problems are 1) trying to get a mission trigger to work that will detect the destruction of specific plants that are on the map, 2) while some of the kinds of plants (like the various bush-like ones) get flattened by explosives, that doesn't work with the grass-like or flower-like ones (you need to drive over them with a vehicle), and 3) it would be nice to make it a joint operation with what would be the "new Takistani Army" forces (to emulate Coalition forces working with Iraqi and Afghan Army forces in real life) but I'd have to see if there is a mod out that would work, because there aren't default units that really fit the bill.

That would be f*ing brilliant. As an alternative option, might I suggest you place a few small objects in a grid pattern throught the field and when you destroy those objects, you've then destroyed the fields? You could chooese objects that are so small they won't interrupt the beauty/flow of the poppy field.