Sign in to follow this  
jacobj9

I want to buy this game but..

Is it worth getting arma 2 and this in combined operations, I know there both amazing games but...

It most certainly is worth it, the added benefits of Operation Arrowhead are simply unmissable. The FLIR, new weapons, vehicles, factions, location, campaign, missions, back-up sights, even the smallest things like the footprints and tank-tracks, and the lasers/flashlights... It adds up to a brilliant package.

thanks its ten bucks more which means arma 2 is only 10 bucks so thats a great deal thanks

Just reinforcing it's totally worth it. And if you didn't you'd kick yourself for sacrificing so much content.

Yes! its a great deal... think of it this way.... what can you spend with that extra 10 bucks? probably 2 meals or a saving of that 10 bucks .... While if you use that extra 10 bucks to buy the CO that makes you skips multiple meals which in turns makes you save more than 10 bucks... that's a GREAT saving...:)

if moneys so bad that youre worried about spending so little of it... maybe you shouldnt be wasting it on buying computer games?

Not to hijack this thread - but i was wondering - I have ARMA2 and would like OA.

If I buy OA, is the process to merge the two reliable (i see some horror stories of merging), or should i get the combined ops (which would be buying ARMA2 a second time)?

i was able to merge OA and ArmA2 just fine. it was very easy and i had no problems.

Of course, I have the physical copies. i've heard horror stories about merging OA and A2 on steam.

I bought ArmA2 and now OA standalone

When u have ArmA2 installed the OA installer asks u by default if u want OA installed in that way, that u have Combined Operations as outcome.

So no probs at all...

Hmm.. there is my worry. I have ARMA 2 from STEAM. So I would probably get OA from STEAM as well.

I know its only $10.00 more for the Combined Ops - but seems like a bit of waste to be getting ARMA 2 a second time.

Just get OA and you get combined ops if you already have arma2...

I didn't have any problems merging the two, I just installed OA and it did the rest for me.

hmm.. looks like im getting combined operations:yay:

if moneys so bad that youre worried about spending so little of it... maybe you shouldnt be wasting it on buying computer games?

Look mate he didn't say he was poor (he just might be careful with money, nothing wrong with that). Even if he is poor, what he shouldn't try & have any fun in his life!?! Sometimes us poor types NEED to escape into a fantasy to get a bit of R&R because not all of us can rush off to a sunny relaxing climate to chill.

Spread love not hate (just make sure to use protection :p )

[/color]

Look mate he didn't say he was poor (he just might be careful with money, nothing wrong with that). Even if he is poor, what he shouldn't try & have any fun in his life!?! Sometimes us poor types NEED to escape into a fantasy to get a bit of R&R because not all of us can rush off to a sunny relaxing climate to chill.

Spread love not hate (just make sure to use protection :p )

I am not poor lol :D

Well I will add my opinion here :)

I think personal ARMA 1&2 is the best games ever and now we have OA and its just getting better.

Dont get me wrong its not without its problems but what game hasn't then again what other game is trying to do what ARMA does.

Well I will add my opinion here :)

I think personal ARMA 1&2 is the best games ever and now we have OA and its just getting better.

Dont get me wrong its not without its problems but what game hasn't then again what other game is trying to do what ARMA does.

If he never played BIS games he actually won't have a clue what ArmA does or not. This is something he will figure out as soon as he gets it. In any case, or you gonna love it the same as we do or you gonna be disappointed. It depends on what you are seeking. Definitely this game is very different to all other wargames I have played in my life . . . and I played a lot. Once you become an "Armaholic" you will find out that other games won't give you the same satisfaction. Just take your time and learn how to play it. It'll take some time to get used to it and discover all the things you can actually do. don't get frustrated if you get your butt handed over very often. It happened to all of us. But once you get the hang on it . . . it's a real blast

In any case if money isn't a problem get it. In case you don't like it you can sell it afterwards to reduce your monetary losses.:D

kind regards

Yep its no other game that's for sure example using ACE2 BTW

Loaded with a DMR,Kestral,Range finder,Tactical goggles.

I have spent the last 20mins moving towards the enemy position (multilayer BTW) on my belly into a position I have all ready thought to be good using the map.

I get me range finder out and scan area taking land marks as ref points for distance say every 100m (can be done in map to but meh) and check for enemy's and first target.

I then zero me gun and check wind.

I continue to check enemy positions all the while insuring my escape route is still clear.

I decide on first target (normally stationery as in MP the warping is the biggest killer for me in this game as I am all ways sniper BIS please fix it damn you) I deploy bi pod and steady aim check wind and hold breath bam.

Target down now in PvP I have more than likely not been spotted at all so can take one or two more shots till I relocate.

I then move back out way I came keeping eyes open for enemy's moving into my area when I feel I am clear I will stand up and move to my next predetermined location providing its still not comprised.

This is not what I do every time but normally close for me being a sniper.

I have played with me bro and he is me spotter which is awesome as I can have a permanent update on wind condition its great.

Like I say I love ARMA and its simulation type play oh and btw BIS is the best developer ever they really do listen to us (fix warping :P) and care for there customers with there constant customer interaction and patches etc :)

im went to gamestop 40 bucks :)

So it would seem this thread is no longer needed (and it should have been in the where/when/how to buy thread anyways) :)