Sign in to follow this  
#momo#

AI is useless against M1A2

Im sure im not the first one to write this but i did not found the topic.

There is a very annoying problem with the tusk in both Arma2 and OA. AI does not fire with RPG against the Tusk when the loader is in, it fires with the ak74. Even the t55 does not fire his heat round, but with mg against the loader. T72 fires sabot like it should. If there never was a loader in the tank, the problem is gone.

This is a problem for all Warfare and CTI missions for example.

Edited by #momo#

I noticed this too. In armoured vehicles, when a crew member is "turned out" the AI will engage both the vehicle and the crew member with small arms fire, which is useless against most- if not all armoured vehicles. In reality, that is. In the Real Virtuality engine, small arms fire can damage armoured vehicles if fired enough. I've had LAV-25s go up in a fireball after being shot by a Makarov PM for a while.

Im sure im not the first one to write this but i did not found the topic.

There is a very annoying problem with the tusk in both Arma2 and OA. AI does not fire with RPG against the Tusk when the loader is in, it fires with the ak74. Even the t55 does not fire his heat round, but with mg against the loader. T72 fires sabot like it should. If there never was a loader in the tank, the problem is gone.

T 72 should fire it's missile.

T 72 should fire it's missile.

I didn't realise T-72's had a missile! :eek: sure you are not thinking of the T-90 now?

:)

However, the problem stays. In a warfare, a player in a tusk can take one town after another because ai-soldiers wont shoot their rockets.

Yeah the AI are usually too busy firing AT rockets at dismounted infantry. lol

This problem would be easily rectified if the loader on an M1A2 TUSK could turn in. This in turn (no pun intended), would solve the problem and save lives. How many M1A2 loaders have been killed in combat in the ArmAverse? :D

when a crew member is "turned out" the AI will engage both the vehicle and the crew member with small arms fire

Of course, all are doing that.

I like the idea that infantry will engage turned out tank crews. I was always annoyed in OFP when they would just sit there despite having a clear shot at the enemy gunner. Although I think that RPG/AT soldiers should fire rockets at the tank instead of using small arms against the crew.

If you want BIS to listen then you must make a ticket.

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cis/issues

Ok done. Was reluctant with this because i was sure that somebody else already postet it and that i was just too dumb with the search function.

I like the idea that infantry will engage turned out tank crews. I was always annoyed in OFP when they would just sit there despite having a clear shot at the enemy gunner. Although I think that RPG/AT soldiers should fire rockets at the tank instead of using small arms against the crew.

The thing is, even if the crew member is killed, leaves the vehicle, or turns in, the AI will not switch to anti-tank weapons, but will continue to engage the armoured vehicle itself with small arms fire.

Edited by Laqueesha

Bottom line is AI infantry won't fire anti tank launchers at M1 tank.

We need AI to fire anti-tank weapons first if they have one. If not they should fire rifle only if someone is turned out

Bottom line is AI infantry won't fire anti tank launchers at M1 tank. We need AI to fire anti-tank weapons first if they have one. If not they should fire rifle only if someone is turned out

The AI will engage the M1A1, but not the M1A2. The reason for the latter is because the loader on the M1A2 is always turned out and cannot turn in for some reason. If the loader can turn in, the problem will be fixed.

The thing is, even if the crew member is killed, leaves the vehicle, or turns in, the AI will not switch to anti-tank weapons, but will continue to engage the armoured vehicle itself with small arms fire.

"SIR! SIR! M1A2 12o'clock"

"Switch to cannon , err hang on NO! i see a helmet above that MG!"

"gunner fire your MG at that helmet"

"Roger,"

"He's down"

"Continue firing at his helmet DAMN IT, thata teach him"

:D

"Enemy armour, ten o'clock, one hundred meters! Engage that tank with your supressed Makarov PM!"

Mission makers needs to make sure the AI can not occupy the loaders station. It's still useful for the player, as it's the only gun he can use while turned out. Not sure how I would solve it though, and sad that we have to.

I was just testing in the editor with m1a2 and i was alone vs 50 ai and they easily shot me down. It was in operation arrowhead tho. Dont know about ArmA 2.

Turns out i really was too dumb for search function. Bug was reported a year ago:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/1744

@Antonkr: You need ai, especially the loader, in your tank.

From 4 bugs i reported 2 were duplicates :(

Edited by #momo#