Sign in to follow this  
r71

OA color loss

Had a loss of color happen to me twice so far. I am not sure what happened the first time, all I know is that it was a used made mission. The second time is when I got hurt in a user made mission and my screen looked a bit dull, almost like night time. :confused:

Going to do some more test and see if I can do it again. Have never seen this bug in any of the other games... ofp/arma/armaII

Had a loss of color happen to me twice so far. I am not sure what happened the first time, all I know is that it was a used made mission. The second time is when I got hurt in a user made mission and my screen looked a bit dull, almost like night time. :confused:

Going to do some more test and see if I can do it again. Have never seen this bug in any of the other games... ofp/arma/armaII

Define color loss, you mean it went black and white during a part of the mission and the colors just left? What type of screen are you using? Maybe the connector came out a little bit.

When you say you got hurt in a usermade mission? Was the player possibly using a Color Module, because when you die and teamswitch, the other player wont see the color filter if the module isnt synced to him.

This also happened to a friend that has the game. I did not die in the mission (domination) I was just hurt. Its not like a full black and white color loss, Its more like night time in arma but not dark.

The color came back when i left the server.

Edited by R71

It's a weather effect that was added into Domination 2 by Xeno. I think what your describing is that all colors lose some saturation and look more monochrome. If you go to the Show Status screen in the action menu, on the left towards the bottom is weather information. When the monochrome effect occurs, it's generally used for the simulation of fog and light snow (yea, snow in a desert, I don't get it either).

If you're getting it while not playing a mission using Domination, then I've got no clue.

It is the medical modules. no bug

i had that too 1 time.

it was not really like a "weather effect" , but colors came back after a couple minutes.it was more like,someone dim'd the colors down.

very strange.

I also got it when playing a domination mission in OA. I was confused at first but I was told it was a weather effect. Everybody on the server got irritated and we didn't wan't it to happen. :)

It's simply playing with the color values to fake a cold day. Depends on various weather conditions in the game.

Can be turned off in the server parameters.

And I didn't know that it doesn't snow in regions like Afghanistan with a lot of high mountains around ;)

Xeno