Sign in to follow this  
firefly2442

Do AI See Lasers?

Do the AI react to seeing lasers? (assuming they have NVGs to actually see them)

Thanks.

So I'm guessing they don't see flashlights either? I know they used to be able to see you across the map through a forest so I really don't know anymore.

Would be nice and interesting if they actually do and react in their presence.

I can't see lasers...

Only visible in nightvision...

They should only be able to see em if they have NVG's on which the takistanis are pretty low tech with all that old russian stuff but maybe thier sf side of the house does. Either way i would hope the game doesnt have them seeing our lasers, as we own the night.:bounce3:

But the takistanis, aside from militia and rebels, have NVGs, not sure if they can spot lasers or flashlights, but I will test.

They should only be able to see em if they have NVG's on which the takistanis are pretty low tech with all that old russian stuff but maybe thier sf side of the house does. Either way i would hope the game doesnt have them seeing our lasers, as we own the night.:bounce3:

They should have the same capability. No side should have "defined" drawbacks like this. If mission designer wants to portray the enemy as high tech, he just gives them the needed equipment and they should use it automatically. In a fiction scenario, maybe they stole our supply of NVGs shipping to our newly established FOB and it is our mission to bring them back?

But, I really don't expect AI to see anything. Even getting reactions to flares have proven extremely difficult via scripting in the past.