Sign in to follow this  
AlecDelorean

Cipher: Valleys of the Takiban

well, maybe he has crash landed somewhere far away or just fled. in that case it's hard to say what the AI decided to do.

mainly, secops-reinforcements will become available everytime when one of your team members died.

what do you thing about "replace Ambient Combat module with DAC"????

LOVEEELYYY!!! I was looking for this!

Thanks so much! Keep the great work up, I am looking for my first Taki briefcase right now! ;)

Why is SECOPS in this? I find it annoying to have it auto assign while im trying to concentrate on the main task (the task this mission was originally built for) ?

Could secop be removed? I will probably de-pbo and this for personal use.

- SecOps and Ambient Combat activated (now you can earn artillery and air-support)

In what way does secop earn this? Could you have a version that is simply about the main mission please?

@mrcash2009

yes, i know. the standard config for secops is really annoying. i'm currently looking for the right scripts to change the settings, but i don't have much time at the moment. a workaround is to accept a mission and ignore it, this will stop any radio chatter...

currently i'm working on configuring the ACM- and SOM-modules. ACM i will set to operation arrowhead factions only and SecOps needs a delay at start, much more time between the missions and also operation arrowhead factions.

Alec,

This part onward of the rather long secop thread in the editing section will help you loads:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=73329&highlight=secop+spawn&page=18

This mission (to dig into the code) also:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6940

Specifically : - Choose any of the 8 SOM missions that you want using the Radio. Basically meaning SOM isn't auto running and you select what you want.

Edited by mrcash2009

Hey Alec, thanks for working on this, Cipher is a fantastic mission set.

Since you had not updated in a little while, I un-pbo'd the mission and took a look to see if I could do anything to help. This is based off your 0.2a code (I only saw that you updated once I'd finished).

Here is the result:

This version of Cipher is now 100% OA standalone compatible, all calls for units/civs/ammo/guns/vehicles from arma2 have been replaced (I hope) with OA ones. I added my own script for the ACM module and SecOps module which does pretty much the same thing as yours.

(longer delay between missions, longer delay before mission starts, changed random chance a little and made missions further away)

I also added a script to resync the group leader with ACM and SecOps after he dies.

Edit: I've updated the link and commented out the script for ambient combat at the moment. It's not causing a problem, I just like the default ACM settings.

Edited by Placebo

Great to see this mission in OA.

One minor problem is that setting the "player vehicles" setting in paramters to "offroad, medium armed" results in two vehicles that won't fit all 10 players.

EDIT: When it spawns the CROWS HMMWV and the other Offroad Special one. That's when the total capacity is 9, due to the HMMWV CROWS only holding 4.

Edited by Jack

Great to see this mission in OA.

One minor problem is that setting the "player vehicles" setting in paramters to "offroad, medium armed" results in two vehicles that won't fit all 10 players.

Edit the init.sqf file

Look for

_v1=["UralCivil","Ural_CDF"];
_v1b=["V3S_Civ","UralCivil2","UralOpen_CDF"];
_v2=["HMMWV_M1151_M2_DES_EP1","HMMWV_M998_crows_M2_DES_EP1"];
_v3=["HMMWV_M998_crows_M2_DES_EP1","HMMWV_M998A2_SOV_DES_EP1"];
_v4=["LandRover_Special_CZ_EP1"];
_v5=["LAV25"];

Change it to:

_v1=["MTVR_DES_EP1","Ikarus_TK_CIV_EP1"];
_v1b=["V3S_Open_TK_CIV_EP1","Ural_TK_CIV_EP1","V3S_Open_TK_CIV_EP1"];
_v2=["HMMWV_M1151_M2_DES_EP1","HMMWV_M998A2_SOV_DES_EP1"];
_v3=["HMMWV_M1151_M2_DES_EP1","HMMWV_M998A2_SOV_DES_EP1"];
_v4=["HMMWV_M998A2_SOV_DES_EP1"];
_v5=["M6_EP1"];

Or whatever else suits you. Hope it helps.

did he just fly over or landed and started with dropping nothing? describe the situation more precise please. i guess he was attacked on his way to you and decided the LZ was too hot. i've seen this before, flying over, but 5 mins later he landed 500 - 1000 away from the insertion point. thats no bug, its standard SecOps-AI.

I've run into the chopper pilot not reinforcing bug too, tried it several times, the pilot flies to the exact point where he's meant to drop them off then he just turns around and flies away without dropping anyone sometimes he just hovers there forever, I'll take a look at the script and see if I can help out. Also I think the invincible team mates bug comes from here:

Insertion.sqf

{_x allowdammage false}foreach PlayableUnitsWest;

replace all cases of dammage with damage

Edit: I've updated my previous post with the new changes

Edited by sajuuk

@sajuuk

good effort on making the mission OA-only.

yep, "dammage" seems to be an old typo from the original mission.

i took a quick look into your changes, found a missing "[" at start of line 7 in your acm.sqf (use -showscripterrors or look in your RPT file).

i also have problems with your decision to change the light and medium offroad vehicles.

for tactical gameplay i never try to get all 10 team members in vehicles that are available to make a quick advance into the target area. one SU-25 flyover can cost u everything. usually, i form a sniper/scout-team on foot and use the armed vehicles to secure the area and react on threats. with your changes, the choice between light or medium armed vehicles becomes quite useless, because the SOV with mk19 grenade launcher is always available.

edit: had some fun driving the ikarus, :) but why should someone drive a bus into a warzone??

my thought on making the mission not OA only:

- support BIS with buying both games, Arma2 + OA, it's incredibly cheap with all the content and potential for months (years) of gameplay

i really like to invite you on working on the next version and include your script to resync the group leader with ACM and SecOps, so i can focus more on design (briefing etc.).

what do you think, sajuuk?

Edited by AlecDelorean

Making it OA only compatible will save some butthurt from people that solely bought OA. I do like your reasoning behind CO only, but there's no real good reason to call on any A2 assets.

An OA version should be compatible with CO and OA regardless.

Anyway, I seem to have a problem with secops. Whenever I get a mission call there's nothing there when I arrive or the mission gets canceled pretty quickly. I'll see if 0.3 fixes it.

read the entire thread, please don't complain about a bug that isn't one. you have to accept or decline a secops-mission via radio. (press 0, 8, 2)

read the entire thread, please don't complain about a bug that isn't one. you have to accept or decline a secops-mission via radio. (press 0, 8, 2)

Ah, you're right. Sorry about that. I'm kinda new to Arma and haven't quite figured everything out yet.

None the less, I'm very happy with your work!

Hey Alec, thanks for working on this, Cipher is a fantastic mission set.

Since you had not updated in a little while, I un-pbo'd the mission and took a look to see if I could do anything to help. This is based off your 0.2a code (I only saw that you updated once I'd finished).

Here is the result:

Link removed.

Editing someone's work without permission and releasing without permission is completely unacceptable, I'm sure you were trying to do something to help others out but you broke a fundamental community rule in that you must always request permission from the creator if you wish to edit/release their work.

Link removed.

Editing someone's work without permission and releasing without permission is completely unacceptable, I'm sure you were trying to do something to help others out but you broke a fundamental community rule in that you must always request permission from the creator if you wish to edit/release their work.

My apologies, consider the lesson learned.

hopefully no harm done, but everything needs a lot of testing before release. version and functionality mismatch can cause lots of trouble. i wrote you a PM.

hopefully no harm done, but everything needs a lot of testing before release. version and functionality mismatch can cause lots of trouble. i wrote you a PM.

It wasnt a release of any kind, I was just trying to help you out. Sorry if I caused any problems.

It wasnt a release of any kind, I was just trying to help you out. Sorry if I caused any problems.

Its classed a "release" becuase its posted for all to download if they wish, any editing to help is best PM'd private to author out of the clicky mouse fingers of users, which has a potential for that version to be passed around :)

Having said that HERES my latest version of this mission, hope this is ok :)

Edited by mrcash2009

Edit the init.sqf file

Look for

_v1=["UralCivil","Ural_CDF"];
_v1b=["V3S_Civ","UralCivil2","UralOpen_CDF"];
_v2=["HMMWV_M1151_M2_DES_EP1","HMMWV_M998_crows_M2_DES_EP1"];
_v3=["HMMWV_M998_crows_M2_DES_EP1","HMMWV_M998A2_SOV_DES_EP1"];
_v4=["LandRover_Special_CZ_EP1"];
_v5=["LAV25"];

Change it to:

_v1=["MTVR_DES_EP1","Ikarus_TK_CIV_EP1"];
_v1b=["V3S_Open_TK_CIV_EP1","Ural_TK_CIV_EP1","V3S_Open_TK_CIV_EP1"];
_v2=["HMMWV_M1151_M2_DES_EP1","HMMWV_M998A2_SOV_DES_EP1"];
_v3=["HMMWV_M1151_M2_DES_EP1","HMMWV_M998A2_SOV_DES_EP1"];
_v4=["HMMWV_M998A2_SOV_DES_EP1"];
_v5=["M6_EP1"];

Or whatever else suits you. Hope it helps.

Thanks for the prompt response.

I actually edited the original cipher with ACE vehicles and weapons in a similar way - it made for quite the fun mission. However the reason I point this out is for people who may not want to unpbo/edit mission files and just want their 10 people to fit in two vehicles :P

Hails to the Alec !

Your Radfahrer is Dl´ing now and going to find some of those baaad baaad bugs..if there are any and will report them to you in TS as soon as we see again !

Greetz and

Cya on the Battlefields

Yay Radfahrer! Go get some of these bastards!

See you soon in Taki-territory... :cool: