Sign in to follow this  
AlecDelorean

Cipher: Valleys of the Takiban

Great mission, enjoyed it on Arma2...better on here. Any chance of getting revive added?

I've tried using Norrins on top but the scripting in here is way beyond me. Any ideas?

Cheers

One thing that I wish was added to the existing Cipher is the ability to call in an airstrike and/or artillery, as well as supply/weapon drops. Certainly would come in handy sometimes when you find yourself with a tank or two trapping you in.

Guerilla Warfare (a similar mod) has really great support features, but has a few issues that stop me from choosing it as the one I always play. Cipher is great, but would be really great if it added support options.

Reinforcement troops (when your guys get killed) would be a nice touch too... much like how they are utilized in the Secop module.

Never mind....added general carvers revive and it worked a treat! Great map (apologies for editing it :) )

A: The enemy HQ (objective area) spawns in the most random places. Yes I know it's supposed to be random, but on top of a mountain with no cover around whatsoever? That seems a little weird to me, and not as fun. I liked the original Cipher's mission areas because they'd always spawn next to some sort of village or town.

B: Complete lack of weapon diversity (no machine guns or backpacks, only a few launchers, etc) makes for rather repetitive roles. I'm always going rifle + MAAWS.

Other than that we've got ourselves a wonderful conversion from an ArmA II favorite!

One thing that I wish was added to the existing Cipher is the ability to call in an airstrike and/or artillery.

Reinforcement troops (when your guys get killed) would be a nice touch too... much like how they are utilized in the Secop module.

The SecOps module is active if you enable the appropriate parameter.

A: The enemy HQ (objective area) spawns in the most random places. Yes I know it's supposed to be random, but on top of a mountain with no cover around whatsoever? That seems a little weird to me, and not as fun. I liked the original Cipher's mission areas because they'd always spawn next to some sort of village or town.

If I see on the map that it's a bad objective spawn I just restart, at least it's early on that you can decide if you like it or not. Just a workaround.

First of all thanks for all your efforts for the Cipher OA. I have been playing Cipher since ARMA2 and having so much fun. I want to ask that if it is possible to use ACE 2 equipments (for example, sniper tools etc.) in the missions.

Regards