Sign in to follow this  
Nephris1

ArmA:OA + ArmA2

I want to start ArmA2 and ArmA:OA together.

I patched ArmA2 to version 1.7

When i now start e.g. with a Launcher from my arma.exe

D:\ArmedAssault2\arma2.exe

and mark the OA folder (expansion) as modfolder i get an error

Error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0

When i start armaOA.exe the contetn of ArmA2 vanilla is loaded but in version 1.5.7183

Is it possible to start ArmA2 with OA to be able takeing advantage of Patch 1.7?

If not will there be a patch 1.7 for the Standalone Version of OA?

Edited by Nephris1

For me it works. At least with this launcher

Klick me

Just make sure u path it to the OA.exe and everything is fine

I use the same launcher.

Could u plz check what version you got in the main window left bottom.

I startet it with Alpine launcher, armaoA.exe chosen, and "expansion" folder marked.

Of course it works to load both content but i am interested in the version.

kk will check it out in a couple minutes, but i dont think 1.7 is working with OA as it is made for Arma2

OA says 1.51 and launcher version is 2.1.0

Edited by Due-_-

Right.

Same here.

Got two different versions for ArmA and ArmA:OA either.

I hope the content of the last betas or from 1.5 to 1.7 will be delivered for OA, when the "official" and international release happens.

Well the Installation of OA told me something like my Arma is already up to Date. Maybe its because 1.7 wasnt ready when it was shipped to the stores. But we all know BIS... the next patch is on the go

I wish people would start to read version numbers properly:

Latest ArmA 2 patch is 1.07, not 1.7.

Obviously 1.51 is above 1.07

1.51 is Operation Arrowhead, 1.07 is ArmA 2. To work properly with Operation Arrowhead, ArmA 2 has to be at least patched to 1.06, which is delivered on OpA DVD.

Although OpA is a Addon, it is handled reversed: ArmA 2 will work as mod in OpA, other way around doesn't work. The ArmA 2 engine doesn't support some required features that OpA delivers. Thats also why OpA has it's own .exe file.

Edited by [FRL]Myke

Myke

Yes, I got the wrong number version Arma2 its 1.07 Sorry :j: but I think you understood my idea!)

I tested played almost all night))) and no errors with my versions Arma2 and OA :)

Oh dear.. I'm shocked! :(

If you have doubts and need some help, I leave here a link to help: Decimal history

Another thing: there is no Armed Assault 2, only ArmA1 or Armed Assault, ArmA2 and ArmA2 Operation Arrowhead. But NO Armed Assault 2! Please!

Well Myke thx for your education hour.

But at the end u sound as arrogant as your signature.

And finally u knew we were talking about .... obviously.

Thx anyways.

Another thing: there is no Armed Assault 2, only ArmA1 or Armed Assault, ArmA2 and ArmA2 Operation Arrowhead. But NO Armed Assault 2! Please!

Arma 2 and Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead or all in capitals to be exact.

Source?

Dwarden

Well Myke thx for your education hour.

But at the end u sound as arrogant as your signature.

And finally u knew we were talking about .... obviously.

Thx anyways.

To me it looked like some people where confused by version numbering, as a result from reading the versions numbers incorrect.

Especially this sentence:

When i start armaOA.exe the contetn of ArmA2 vanilla is loaded but in version 1.5.7183

Is it possible to start ArmA2 with OA to be able takeing advantage of Patch 1.7?

It shows clearly that you were confusing version numbers, thinking vanilla ArmA 2 being at 1.7 and OpA only being 1.5XXX.

So i was stating that you didn't read the ArmA 2 version number correctly, thus leading to the wrong assumption, ArmA 2 version is higher than OpA version.

And if i sound arrogant, maybe it's just because i can read numbers. Think about it. At the very end i just tried to help, cleaning up the version history for you. But if you can't accept help, even if it sounds arrogant...well, i'll lose nothing.

And finally, god is busy and i tried to help. If you can't accept help, read above.

Is there any info on how to run the Arma2 & OA combined dedi-server?

At the moment we are using 1.07 Arma2Server.exe with -mod=Expansion which seemed to be the most logical method for dedi server purposes.

Is this the way to go or should we consider using OA.exe with -server option or expect a separate OAServer.exe for combined operations?

@cross

At the moment there is no info about combined server. From the logical point of view, i would give the OA .exe a go with the -server command. Just because there are some changes in the engine that aren't included in ArmA 2 1.07.

Hopefully BIS will release a dedicated server .exe for OA very soon.

@Nephris

besides my arrogance, at least i've learned to say 2 things, when i see it's necessary:

"Yes, i was wrong"

and "thanks for your help".

And when i say this, i mean it.

But maybe for this, one have to grow up from a boy to a man.

To be honest it is not worthnthe time posting ...

But perhabs u ll have a read on my post again, where i appreciate ya help and just noted ya kind to post.

But seriously too less to really bother about.

Whatever,...ya da man and noone else.

Keep on da good work m8!

binary of ARMA 2 : OA version 1.52 loads ARMA 2 version 1.07 data

this way it works and You get one huge package of content like "Combined Operations"

don't try it in reverse because it will not work

Thx for clarfication.

Does that mean patches will be released for either ArmA2 only,OA only and Arma+OA merged only?

Although i guess we ll know it as soon as they will be released.:rolleyes:

I wish people would start to read version numbers properly:

Latest ArmA 2 patch is 1.07, not 1.7.

Obviously 1.51 is above 1.07

1.51 is Operation Arrowhead, 1.07 is ArmA 2. To work properly with Operation Arrowhead, ArmA 2 has to be at least patched to 1.06, which is delivered on OpA DVD.

Although OpA is a Addon, it is handled reversed: ArmA 2 will work as mod in OpA, other way around doesn't work. The ArmA 2 engine doesn't support some required features that OpA delivers. Thats also why OpA has it's own .exe file.

Hmmm okay so I just bought combined operations, waiting for it to ship,

so when I install addons do they go into the OA folder or the Arma folder?

Hmmm okay so I just bought combined operations, waiting for it to ship,

so when I install addons do they go into the OA folder or the Arma folder?

Either put them into the main Arma2 directory or in My Documents\Arma2 directory.