Sign in to follow this  
gossamersolid

Warfare Balance in Operation Arrowhead

If opfor gets 2-3 L39A1's in the air, blufor is screwed, my team lost due to this. They might not have AT but the FFARs (cant remember the name of them) can damage Abrams tanks enough for the crew to jump out and kill other vehicles.

If opfor gets 2-3 L39A1's in the air, blufor is screwed, my team lost due to this. They might not have AT but the FFARs (cant remember the name of them) can damage Abrams tanks enough for the crew to jump out and kill other vehicles.

nobody had AA?

After 10 or so Warfare BE games, I'd stay there is no need to balance the teams, unit-wise.

Op4 has the SU25, L39A1, the Hind - which has a higher climb rate than the AH64. Regarding ground combat: the T55 - yes, it is obsolete, T72 to my surprise had missile launch alert systems and I was able to avoid the mountain-camping Jav spammers.

If you play Op4, learn to use the BMP-2: I've had a killrate of 3 TUSKs before people spotted me; the BMP-2 can climb hills better than the M2 Bradley. Most Blu4 heavy & light vehicles have FLIR, so if you're op4 don't engage anything out in the open, use the mountains.

CROWS M2 HMV is pimp, of course, but I prefer my Mi24 for 16k @ AF1 upgrade.

P.S. Metis has FLIR.

Edited by Iroquois Pliskin

I've played only warfare so far in MP and I’ve always seen people choose US over Taki all the time, sometimes to create a 10 US vs 2 Taki game. Because of this I’ve never actually been US, as I always try to balance the teams.

However I did create a LAN game and noticed that the US have UZI (or it could be the MAC-10, I’m not sure) submachine guns and the M79 launcher. I know the US used to have these (maybe not the submachine gun) many years ago like the Vietnam era; but as the Taki army has pretty much less of everything, it would be nice to see some of the unlikely US weapons get switched to the Taki side.

Thanks, Vinc3nt

EDIT: The submachine gun is the PDW

Edited by vinc3nt

[...] the Hind - which has a higher climb rate than the AH64. [...]

Not-so-expert-pilot noob question here : how does this help?

Not-so-expert-pilot noob question here : how does this help?

Ruski strategy for the Hinds and practically any chopper in regions with the same topography as Takistan, was to climb over 1km and pray you discharge chaff at the right moment. (Cave crawlers with Stingers, you see)

The Hind has 120 flares (AFAIR), set it to single mode and you can avoid anything that's on the ground, provided you keep your altitude over 800m.

Apaches usually hover or fly along the hills, at very low altitudes, since the US has great ground support. If you catch an AH64 at say 300m, with your Hind at 800 you can take him out. Although, more experienced bastards in Apaches will get the nose up for the cannon to get an angle on your Mi24 flying above him & just fire that 30mm cannon, and then pray he doesn't spin out of control @ negative velocity. :D

If was want balance ( i want :) ), i in Beny edition Warfare 2_061lite, insert some vehicles:

T-90, Tunguska, BMP-3, BTR-90, KA-52(black), SU-34, AV8B, AV8, V-22, AH-1Z, AH-64D(AIM-9 Sidewinder). Why, beny? Becaus its beter warfare!!! His day i tested with some players, and all say ""good" :)

If was want , can download in this link:

WarfareV2_062Lite.Takistan.rar - 0.20MB

and sry, for moderators, if upload in bad place...

If was want balance ( i want :) ), i in Beny edition Warfare 2_061lite, insert some vehicles:

T-90, Tunguska, BMP-3, BTR-90, KA-52(black), SU-34, AV8B, AV8, V-22, AH-1Z, AH-64D(AIM-9 Sidewinder). Why, beny? Becaus its beter warfare!!! His day i tested with some players, and all say ""good" :)

that's completely opinion based, others have done combined operations warfare with custom loadouts already.

The Hind has 120 flares (AFAIR), set it to single mode and you can avoid anything that's on the ground, provided you keep your altitude over 800m.

Good advice for newer players......horrible advice for the pros. Flying that high in a helo is genuinly suicidal.

My advice with the Hind, particularly the Hind-P (my fave!), is to fly low and fast and don't make two runs on the same place. Think of the Hind as a plane with rotor blades, it has the fastest level flight speed in the game (I can get 320), and thus you should come in quickly deliver your ordinance and then GTFO ASAP. Too many times I watch players try to use the Hind like it's an Apache or Viper, hovering around slowly only to catch a stinger or strela in the tail pipe and crash.

Just don't get target fixation and ram your lovely helo into the ground......something I still do hahaha.

Well, leave the KA 52 out and the game is maybe better. But I think then EAST is overpowered again, like in Arma2....

Other question: why must the warefare games always be

"USA against [insert enemy]."

I want to see Russia against Takistan or a Takistan - CDF warfare.

How are you going to add a Kamov or a T90 when people without Arma 2 won't be able to connect, since Op Arrowhead is a stand-alone expansion/game.

How are you going to add a Kamov or a T90 when people without Arma 2 won't be able to connect, since Op Arrowhead is a stand-alone expansion/game.

It's called combined operations, we're all not going to just drop all the arma 2 content out of our missions because some people don't have both.

It's called combined operations, we're all not going to just drop all the arma 2 content out of our missions because some people don't have both.

We're talking about vanilla BE Warfare here, not custom private server versions.

I took out an M1A1,Bradley and Strkyer today in warefare with a T-72 in one go... just takes some decent tactics and you can win... however when the servers start using ACE, expect that T-72 to be worthless.

I always play Takistan and see us win just as much as i've seen the U.S win.

Yes, takistan can win and without more vehicle, but playing with OA+A2 plains and armors, its more funy...