Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Society RPG

New public police cars!

--------------------WIP---------------------

Here is a re-textured police crown victoria for mission involving the undead mod.

Request for the re-texture by "Raserisk". This will be a public release for everyone to use.

Several emails have been sent to delta hawk requesting permission to use his car to re-texture. I have received no answer from him, therefor I went ahead and started to texture the car. I can guarantee that he would not be disappointed with the new look.

This is the first peek at the car so far...

<screenshots removed, no permission from original author to modify his work>

Edited by W0lle

Thank you. I appreciate your comment. I started from this morning around 11am. This is the progress I have made so far.

I can try to work on a lada retexture for you. I will need some better pictures than this to go buy though.

Good work. Nice to see active community input being used. City Life also has a new crown Vic made and have given out the skins for others to redo. The best ones will be added to final release. Sorry if off topic but it's nice when mod teams do stuff like this to get the community involved. To bad more teams can't do this also.

Good work. Nice to see active community input being used. City Life also has a new crown Vic made and have given out the skins for others to redo. The best ones will be added to final release. Sorry if off topic but it's nice when mod teams do stuff like this to get the community involved. To bad more teams can't do this also.

Thank you. If you were open to it, I would be more than willing to try and help you guys out with some textures.

This is another texture I have done.

[/url]<screenshots removed, no permission from original author to modify his work>

Edited by W0lle

Excellent work, you see too many of these in my parts :cool:

May I request a Sheriff's version?

Yes, I will make a sheriff's vehicle. However it will be at least a few weeks until I can get around to it, because I will want to devote my full effort on the project. I will include some re-textured policeman as well with the pack. I will be busy finishing up the KY police cars, and officers. Mainly I will be spending time working on Citizen Society.

As much as I want to fill every persons request (because I really enjoy texturing) I can only set aside so much time per week. If anyone would be willing to team up with me so that we can tackle this addon requests for the community, that would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.

-Alec

have received no answer from him, therefor I went ahead and started to texture the car

Thats great! If the person is not available, then this means a: YES; YOU ARE ABLE TO!

good texture buuuut

you said delta has not answered your e-mails for premission

therefore if this is released youd be breaking the golden rule of addon making ;)

How about to make it that way that people could make retex themselves? Would need defined hiddenSelections in the model and defined in the config.

After that, you could just do what you like to do with retextures and leave the rest to the people.

Also maybe release a texture template in psd format.

Besides that, i guess this thread will soon be closed until permissions are cleared. I advice to make the first step and contact Placebo about the issue. Explain what you already tried. Maybe he has access to a email address which isn't viewable public and so he might have a chance to reach the original creator. If he also fails, he will grant you permission to release it in this forum unless the original creator says otherwise.

Finally, you're on the safe side.

Thank you. I appreciate your comment. I started from this morning around 11am. This is the progress I have made so far.

I can try to work on a lada retexture for you. I will need some better pictures than this to go buy though.

Citizen Society RPG thanks :yay:

How about to make it that way that people could make retex themselves? Would need defined hiddenSelections in the model and defined in the config.

After that, you could just do what you like to do with retextures and leave the rest to the people.

Also maybe release a texture template in psd format.

Besides that, i guess this thread will soon be closed until permissions are cleared. I advice to make the first step and contact Placebo about the issue. Explain what you already tried. Maybe he has access to a email address which isn't viewable public and so he might have a chance to reach the original creator. If he also fails, he will grant you permission to release it in this forum unless the original creator says otherwise.

Finally, you're on the safe side.

I was under the impression that if the original creator was not available then the addon would be clear for use, however before I release anything, i will contact placebo about it, thank you.

I was under the impression that if the original creator was not available then the addon would be clear for use, however before I release anything, i will contact placebo about it, thank you.

It depends on how long you waited for an answer. 12h or 24h are definitely too short. Not everyone is checking the forums or email every day. Some might be on vacation or working. 2 weeks waiting time is the absolute minimum.

It depends on how long you waited for an answer. 12h or 24h are definitely too short. Not everyone is checking the forums or email every day. Some might be on vacation or working. 2 weeks waiting time is the absolute minimum.

I understand. I have email records of me sending him a request from over 2 months ago. I was not sure how long I needed to wait.

Thats great! If the person is not available, then this means a: YES; YOU ARE ABLE TO!

I think that if someone is not able or willing to reply, then the answer should default to the license provided by the addon maker. All works of art are by default copyrighted by their original owners.

Edited by Max Power

I think that if someone is not able or willing to reply, then the answer should default to the license provided by the addon maker. All works of art are by default copyrighted by their original owners.

Well in all fairness, we are not going by what we think, just simply the rules. If he doesn't respond, then the community will have the permissions to use the mod. But if the person declines, I will respectfully fall back.

Regards.

-Alec

I could not have said it any better.

Well in all fairness, we are not going by what we think, just simply the rules. If he doesn't respond, then the community will have the permissions to use the mod. But if the person declines, I will respectfully fall back.

Regards.

-Alec

In my mind rules don't matter when the person has a defined read-me as comprehensive as delthawks. Just because he is not willing to respond does not give you the right to make changes to this model or even release any of its content.

I am 100% sure that you are not allowed to do what your doing. Here is the original readme file. Note the section(s) in bold.

Disclaimer.txt

BY DOWNLOADING AND/OR OPENING THIS ADDON OR ANY PART OF IT OR HAVE IN POSESSION, REGARDLESS OF KNOWLEDGE OF THE DISCLAIMER, YOU AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING...

NOTED, SIGNED, EXPRESSED, DECLARED, You or any third party or after, including other game modders (for any games or graphic design), whether associated with them or not, are not allowed in ANY WAY to modify, edit, change, extract, use, copy, plagiarize or anything unethical there of any part of this addon(s) under the DHI logo or any other materials present in this addon whether under the DHI logo or not, with exception of the AMENDED for any reason.

ANY OF THE SAME as a result will be considered plagiarism and theft of work, REGARDLESS OF STATE or use, shall be denied distribution by any third party, independent party, mods or development communities. This includes any artwork or such recognizable by any third party, regardless of ignorance to the mentioned, willing, knowing or not knowing theft of artwork or plagiarism, with exception of the AMENDED.

This addons under the DHI logo and all materials under the DHI logo with exception of the AMENDED are not and will not be endorsed by any mod and is not associated with any mod or development team and is release as is under the Delta Hawk Innovations or DHI with exception to the AMENDED.

All other plagiarism and copyright rules apply, whether mentioned or not, with exception of the use of copyrighted images present in the artwork and textures.

AMENDED

This addons contains parts from SWAT GUY, specifically under the DHI_GPD_police.pbo. The material in this addons that is restricted as above mention includes the .p3d models of all the gear, badges, insignias, radios, equipment and other attached .p3ds present on the police officers and the associated texture files and the GPD police officer uniform texture files. All other materials not associated with DHI that belongs to SWAT GUY is subject to his restriction and copyright rules.

This addon may only be redistributed in its original state and file.

EXCEPTION TO THE FACT is for educational purposes only and will not be utilized or distributed.

TRADEMARK, COPYRIGHTED DISCLAIMER...

In regards to any and all copyright and trademark items or images, including, but not limited to Ford Motor Company and FORD logo, Ford Crown Victoria P71 and P72, GOODYEAR Tires, Setina, Whelen, Whelen Freedom, Code 3, Motorola, Panasonic, Windows, Speed, Watch Guard, Amerix, Orin, BlackHawk, SERPA, Harris Consoles and L3 Communications: These images and items are used at no profit or benefit and serves only as representation of the actual*, real* items where indicated and used on a good faith basic with no benefit or profit.

BUGS

This addon has bugs. You downloaded on your own will with out paying, so therefore I am not responsible if anything bad happens.

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

Regards.

-Alec

That is simply not true. As I have told you by PM before, Delta Hawk is aware of this thread. If he does not reply in any way, be it by PM, email or here in the thread you can consider this as a "no way you can modify my work".

The rule which says that if you do not hear from the original creator within a given time does not apply here anymore as the original creator (Delta Hawk) can not be considered gone.

Then I guess the new textures will not be released. I personally don't care either way. If the the original request for the new texture is still relevant, or if anyone else for that matter wants these textures to be released, then I suggest you write to Delta Hawk and see if you can change his mind.

Until then, I will play fair and not release these textures to the public.

-Alec

Is it really necessary to try incite people to spam Deltahawk when he's already not responding to you for a reason?

lol your at it again i see "MAKE YOUR OWN MOD" and stop steeling the community's addons. We spend weeks and is some cases years making our addons for the community and the community respects us back for what we have created.

What your doing is not on!!

If a developer is not responding they must have a reason maybe he knows what your community standing is.

Humm would i allow you to mod my work !!NO WAY!!!

Again Make your own Mod/Models/Scripts until then stop bugging developers who have stated you cannot mod there work with out there permission this means no re-skinning private or not.

O and by the way "Private" dose !!Not!! include handing out to friends

:Note to admins:

Im sorry to jump in on this topic but i have personally had run ins with this guy steeling City Life RPG Addons/Scripts and then trying to pass them off as his own work that has resulted in him telling me to **** off i can use and do what i want.