Sign in to follow this  
jw custom

Armdillo - Afghanistan war documentary

Thanks for the heads up, i'll keep an eye out. Looks really heavy.

Just reserved cinema tickets for tomorrow :D

Thats not a "documentary". Thats a danish B-Movie.

Well thats your opinion :)

But Dosenmais is right-this isn't a documentary, rather a B movie

But Dosenmais is right-this isn't a documentary, rather a B movie

Ok i'll call and tell them, i'll also call Cannes film festival and tell them that they gave a danish b-movie a fine prize :p

Nevertheless i'm gonna see it today and i'm really excited about it :yay:

Anybody knows if this is going to be dubbed or subtitle'd?

I dont see what is so B-movie about that trailer?

Maybe it doesnt look like an A-movie because it seems to lack all Hollywood crap? Which is only a good thing, and makes it more of an A-movie to me than most 'A-movies'.

The fact people have to say that it isnt a documentary is a good sign, because that means it's a more realistic depiction that looks like the real thing (and it does, looking at that trailer).

Maybe it doesnt look like an A-movie because it seems to lack all Hollywood crap? Which is only a good thing, and makes it more of an A-movie to me than most 'A-movies'.

The fact people have to say that it isnt a documentary is a good sign, because that means it's a more realistic depiction that looks like the real thing (and it does, looking at that trailer).

It's a documentary following real danish soldiers from FOB Armadillo, Afghanistan.

A and B technically refer more to budget than quality.

But seriously, is it a fucking documentary or not?

But seriously, is it a fucking documentary or not?

Doesnt look like it to me, when i saw the trailer i thought it was a film with a documentary feel to it.

Must be a documentary but its colour graded and cut like a movie (at least the trailer is)

Looks interesting to me.

Yeah, I missed the few days they showed it on cinema here. Im trying to find a place where I can buy the dvd but its not released yet (?)

It IS a documentary and it had premiere 05.27.2010 here in Denmark.

I just came home from the cinema after watching it and i really liked it. First i was affraid we would see a long tearing goodbye between soldiers, family and girlfriends before leaving Denmark but they quickly got over that and into following the soldiers in the FOB and on patrol.

The mighty Christian forces sent from Denmark to conquer the.. Oh, wait, wrong century.

I saw it last night, its a good documentary not too sugar-coated.. Maybe with a small budget but so was Hurt-Locker, still a fine flick...

I saw it last night, its a good documentary not too sugar-coated.. Maybe with a small budget but so was Hurt-Locker, still a fine flick...

What, are you sure you saw it???

How on earth can you compare it with Hurt locker???????????????????????

Armadillo is a documentary following real soldiers in real combat, Hurt locker is a movie with actors pretending to be soldiers in war!

What, are you sure you saw it???

How on earth can you compare it with Hurt locker???????????????????????

Armadillo is a documentary following real soldiers in real combat, Hurt locker is a movie with actors pretending to be soldiers in war!

Reread his post. His tertium comparationis is the budget, so he may be right (no idea, though).

Reread his post. His tertium comparationis is the budget, so he may be right (no idea, though).

And i did, still eventhough he said documentary i still can't see how he can compare it with Hurt locker.... it's a documentary, with real life combat recordings! Did he expect special effects???

A camera crew is following real soldiers in real combat, it's not people who is acting like in Generation Kill etc.