Sign in to follow this  
jw custom

New sound mod WIP

I'm in progress making a sound mod but there's still A LOT of work to do :)

Here's a little video sample, but notice it's very early WIP!

rkbdydmiTHQ

I'm looking for someone to join me with this project as there's too much work for one person, so let me know if your interested.

I also wanna thank Mark XIII and the rest of the HiFi team for letting me use their configs :cool:

Edited by JW Custom

Does the trick for me already, fond of the sounds you've incorporated in there so far, nice work. Also have alot of sounds of combat, and all types of weapons so may also be able to help you out there as u mentioned if you feel u need any.

the SAW sounds horrible (imo), but overall it's pretty cool.

Sorry i couldnt jump on this and help out, but im looking forward to it big time. :)

If i find some good sounds i'll pass em on!

If you're going to change the bullet snaps, then don't forget to keep them scalable like they are in vanilla. I haven't found a replacement that I like yet, because there always seems to be one very loud, static-y sound pulled straight from fuzzy youtube footage, while BI has this whole spectrum of ballistic cracks for many different distances.

A sound with more pop would, however, probably be appropriate for the more distant cracks. Your close-up snap sound seems pretty good. I'm under the impression that shoddy movie cameras capture the sound in a way that makes it much muddier than it should be. BIS' interpretation is very clean and dry.

Edited by maturin

Thanks for your inputs :)

First i would like to say that the sound in the game recording is pretty shitty because of my sound card, so what you hear there is not very close to the "real" sound.

The mod is going to be modular as i'm using the configs from the HiFi mod, but i'm going to split it up even more. Bullet cracks, 40mm nades, M203 launcher etc. etc. is in their own pbo's so people can use what they like and remove what they dislike.

I have changed the M249 sound and i'm pretty satisfied with the result, i will upload a new video when i got a little more done.

Everything sounds pretty dry, no echos whatsoever. One could argue that echos in RL are dependant on the surroundings and we can't have this dynamic in A2, but i think adding just a bit wouldn't hurt much and gives a much better atmosphere.

)rStrangelove;1626745']Everything sounds pretty dry' date=' no echos whatsoever. One could argue that echos in RL are dependant on the surroundings and we can't have this dynamic in A2, but i think adding just a bit wouldn't hurt much and gives a much better atmosphere.[/quote']

There most deffinitely was echoes in the last video, but as i said the sound in my game recordings are crap(i need a new sound card) :)

I have added a new video to the first post with some changes, still not the best audio quality but theres nothing i can do about that with my crappy sound card. The sound is MUCH better ingame :)

FINALLY a mod with guns that MAKE NOISE.

Fits pretty good, along with the TangoRomeo sound mods!