Sign in to follow this  
SWT_Janowich

China's Economy Growing: Welcome change or Danger

Hello,

I stumbled across an article which does describe Chinas enconomy (e.g. in 30

years it became from a third world country, a world class player)

Economy Index: China

Some people might think about great cultural things China might offers, like

the chinese wall or chinese heal practises.

But for some others, things like Mao, Tibet and ethnical segration come immediately into mind. Until the end of the 19th decade, china was a global player in the world. Then Mao came and the country suffered from starvation,

hunger and poverty.

Then came a large dark period, which did end 30 years ago. While we do all welcome Chinas advancement in areas like fighting poverty, building green cities and invest into space, some people are also concerned, like the pakistani doctor Mural Abdullah. "China is ressource hungry, because energy is needed" he explains. "But where are the ressources coming from? To be independent from other, political instable states, the country is the first

to have clear visions of electronical powered cars. That does may sound nice

at the beginning, but you have to understand the bigger picture", he goes on. "China does buy western coperations, since they're so cheap in the economy crisis, takes their technology, and build their own. The negative side is, they do not allow other countries companys to operate with the benefits chinese firms have and this is going to be worse in the future. The world market will be flooded with chinese quality products and the economical status of europe is going to be lower than now.

This is also not neccessarily a bad thing, a shift in power is traditional. But can we allow a country, that does kill more of their own people in a year, than people move to Luxembourg, to take a leading role in the world?

China does also militarize themself even further and plans to have military bases close to countries like France, Germany or the USA.

I see this as a concern. And Japan has all the right to be scared of its big neighbour, China."

While I welcome everything, I definitely do not support their course with Tibet for example, and I am also against the death penality, which they enforce in masses.

What do you think?

I think that the thread topic is a bit of a false dichotomy.

I don't like the way they handled Tibet either, but I don't think that I wish poverty on the Chinese people because of that.

I don't believe those numbers since I really think they're made up by the chinese government. + China will have really, really big problems in 20-30 years because of the one-child policy. They simply don't have enough young people.

A lot of China's success is down to things that aren't really sustainable - currency devaluation and turning a blind eye to the occasional sweatshop or two, or three, or a thousand.

I don't think "communist China" will last forever, it might last longer than the USSR did, but eventually when you let people become wealthy and educated, they're going to start asking awkward questions, and all the brainwashing in the world can't stop the inevitable.

A lot of China's success is down to things that aren't really sustainable - currency devaluation and turning a blind eye to the occasional sweatshop or two, or three, or a thousand.

I don't think "communist China" will last forever, it might last longer than the USSR did, but eventually when you let people become wealthy and educated, they're going to start asking awkward questions, and all the brainwashing in the world can't stop the inevitable.

Sounds similar to the book The Giver.

Communist bullshit, I don't believe them.

Kinda hard to argue with tens of millions climbing out of poverty.

Either way, resource management will be an issue.

Alas, resource management and indeed sustainability is an issue for the entire world economy, not just chinas.

heavens knows what will happen when Oil and Coal are depleted.

it is very hard to live in china,where you have to do every work according to government policies.in that matter my country is best for living.

it is very hard to live in china,where you have to do every work according to government policies.in that matter my country is best for living.

If I understand what you are saying then you mean the standard of living in India is better than China. From a world map color coding that standard of living in countries, India has low standards of living while China has a bit better standard of living. Link If this is not what you are trying to say then I apologize. If you are trying to say your jobs are better in India, then it might be. I think China has more outsourcing than India, so this also supports it.

If I understand what you are saying then you mean the standard of living in India is better than China. From a world map color coding that standard of living in countries, India has low standards of living while China has a bit better standard of living. Link If this is not what you are trying to say then I apologize. If you are trying to say your jobs are better in India, then it might be. I think China has more outsourcing than India, so this also supports it

,i know my country is not better than china in standard of living,but we are world no.1 democratic country.

here law rules not hard like china,where you have to strictly follow laws,this i mean.

but we are world no.1 democratic country.

And whats with the caste system? Thats the nastiest shape of oppression.

I mean democratie is the same case, but the caste system? Seriosly? Thats totaly medieval.

They simply don't have enough young people.

And they have 35 000 000 more Men than Woman. That means an society collaps.

And whats with the caste system? Thats the nastiest shape of oppression.

I mean democratie is the same case, but the caste system? Seriosly? Thats totaly medieval.

i don't believe in cast system,if indian become develop than there is no chance of cast system as i think.

you make your thinking by reading in this internet,cast system is in some areas,not in whole of india.

The Chinese people seem to like their system of government and only an idiot would claim it isn't working for them.

Are they a threat? Not to me.

I can see the Indian's and the American's having to take them more seriously however.

No one said they "like" the government, it just that no one dare to speak it out loud or they might be end up in jail, this is what happen with a country when Jerry-built projects become "National Top-secret".

China economic have been bubbled up in recent decade, and the government have been pushing economic growth with large building projects, real estate business as well as stock market, traditional industries also play a huge part in total GDP. Yet if you are so naive to think that a sudden increase of RMB currency exchange rate would help your miserable unemployment and trade deficit, I would have to reconsider your IQ score--while china remain politically highly communism, its market have already been transformed into capitalism market, that means even if you raise the exchange ratio into 1:1, as long as the cost of materials (same as international market)and labour(remain cheapass USD$13/day, tax not included) remain the same, you still wont get a snowball benefits from it.

Edited by 4 IN 1

No one said they "like" the government.

Every single Chinaman I've ever spoken with, to a man, have all expressed deep pride in their country and a preference to their own system of government above all others.

That's not to say there aren't seditious elements afraid to speak out, I'm sure there are. But this is anything but the norm in my personal experience and for that matter not totally unlike the feelings of disenfranchised elements of society in every other country of the world.

I'm sorry but I really don't look at China as having a government presiding over a population with a deepseated case of political unrest.

Still, you live there, I don't. So if you have more opinion to offer I will gladly take it all onboard.

Edited by Baff1

Every single Chinaman I've ever spoken with, to a man, have all expressed deep pride in their country and a preference to their own system of government above all others.

Every single somalian I've ever spoken with, to a man, have all expressed deep

pride in their country and a preference, to their own non existing system above

all others.

Every single Somalian I've ever spoken to has already abandoned their country in favour of mine.

I don't speak to a lot of native Somalians, although to some extent I would expect all people to prefer their own way of life to anothers by default.

Which is why I tend to raise this when I hear a load of foreigners running down another peoples way of life as inferior in whatever way.

Such comments tend to fail the "impartiality test" in my eyes.

As such when dealing with uncoroborated evidence, I like to err in favour of common sense above political creed.

One thing however is sure, Somalia is not China.

Your attempts to try and compare the two, say alot about the negativity you feel towards China.

Edited by Baff1

i don't believe in cast system,if indian become develop than there is no chance of cast system as i think.

you make your thinking by reading in this internet,cast system is in some areas,not in whole of india.

Its irrelevant whether you belive in that, its still exist. And the People on the Top, they belive in.

What's so hard to believe that China's economy is growing? lol

Look on your desk. I'm sure there's something "made in china" on it, I'm sure a lot of your PC is. Guess where a good proportion of the money that you bought that thing with went to.

DUH!!!

• Business sets up in X country.
  • Business then moves overseas to Y country, because cost to run cheaper.
  • X's economy suffers because not as much money not cycling through the system no more and no income from overseas either.
  • X now sending money to Y country to buy from business there now.
  • Y gets richer whilst X gets poorer.

Is that so hard to understand?

OK, A pure Chinese come to join the discussion.

Let me tell you the truth:

1. China has a huge gap between the rich and the poor, 5% pepole hold more than 80% national fortune in their hand.

2. China seems stable, but most laboring people are living in really really big survival pressure, they will do something big one day.

3. I don't like Chinese community organization, Because they made the belief of money is our only principle.

FXXX that, many many good and honest are lost. "Honesty, industry and kindness" and "silly" are pair of synonyms. I really hate that.

4. China is big, like an (little)elephant or (big)panda, but short of aggressiveness. Russian is a bear and US is more that a hawk or lion.

So, anyone can bite at China to get interest, But never can bite the whole elephant down, Only the elephant can kill itself.

You foreigners can set your mind at rest: Elephant is always safe, But never make provocations to make cornered elephant.

More and more Chinese young pepole like me don't like the hypocritical communism. Don't misunderstand us.

Leave China alone. He should care his own business.

I would love to work for example in Hong Kong and see the buzz there.

It's interesting to see how they manage to stop the flow of people moving from countryside to big towns.

When there's no-one left to produce the food needed and the welfare network getting overheated in big cities the whole balance can flip with very strong effects.