Sign in to follow this  
soldier2390

USAF CSAR By Soldier2390

I'm just a card up from yours soldier the gts250 hah im just tryin to get a i7 like you man. lookin forward to the release and screens of these guys

Yes. Its really easy.

I'm actually surprised you can play at such High settings. I guess all that RAM and CPU power is helping you loads. I had a friend with a GTS 240 and had to play Bad Company 2 at all low settings with his resolution set to 800X600. lol

LOL, glad i can fix mine tho...but next question i dont know jack about computers and all that, so what kind of GC should i get? and how much you think it will cost me?

Video cards are weird like that. I run an NVidia 7800 (Supposed to have SLI i think, but it doesn't apparently) and I keep my settings at medium to high most of the time.

*Edit

To respond to your post right above mine, I hear that the NVidia 300 series runs good. I'm actually trying to find a good one for myself as well.

Video cards are weird like that. I run an NVidia 7800 (Supposed to have SLI i think, but it doesn't apparently) and I keep my settings at medium to high most of the time.

*Edit

To respond to your post right above mine, I hear that the NVidia 300 series runs good. I'm actually trying to find a good one for myself as well.

lol thx for the feedback and support guys, now..i was gonna ask if someone can tell me more about how they work, and how to tell what is good, but by being able to look at them, but after all u guys say about how weird CG's could be i dont think i want to know more :D

@ebanks, thx bro hope you and everyone else likes them...

An ATI 5800 series would be a great choice for ArmA II.

By the way...Here are the screenshots you asked for.

ujm_i.jpg

ujwYS.jpg

ujBY9.jpg

ujEsi.jpg

ujJrA.jpg

Only criticism is the textures are a bit low quality.

sweet enad.

hey soldier, are you gonna make some ace configs or any weapon map configs? or are you gonna leave em with the A2 weapons?

sweet enad.

hey soldier, are you gonna make some ace configs or any weapon map configs? or are you gonna leave em with the A2 weapons?

ill be happy to make both if you guys want! ill also make a replacement pack aswell! plus much more to come..like "Security Forces" and "Air Crews\Pilots" and even more! plus im already working on a re-skin of the BIS_C-130J! thier will be a standerd USAF C-130J, with all proper markings and colors like from my ANG and USAF C-130H's

@Enad thanks bro for the pics..ill try to enhence the accual camo to make it stand out a bit more!

Edited by soldier2390

There's more pictures on the last page incase you didn't notice. Just pointing that out. :P

Some ABU shirts with chevrons on the arms would be nice. :D

These are going to be the cat's meow!!!! USAF units finally!!!!!!! Making them ACE Compatiable and able to use thier gear (Backpacks) too make them over the top. The 1st Special Operations Wing is going to have some new toys!!

only way to make an acex cfg (to remove the rucks at least) is to have access to the mlods and make hidden sections. if you do, sweet.

These are going to be the cat's meow!!!! USAF units finally!!!!!!! Making them ACE Compatiable and able to use thier gear (Backpacks) too make them over the top. The 1st Special Operations Wing is going to have some new toys!!

lol thx im trying to make the camo stand out better, so you can tell its the new ABU Dig. Tigerstrips! but i do have to say massi did do a amzing job on the camo pattern itself, i find making a camo is harder for me, all the rest im ok with!

@Bink. damn really... that sucks cause these are just BIS re-skins....come on BIS..we need mlods lol!

Hey Soldier pal, I hope you don't mind posting some pics for your (hopeful) future projects.

Security Forces in tan (cb?) flight jumpsuits

http://www.af.mil/shared/media/photodb/photos/081118-N-1810F-102.jpg

I think he's a FAC or TAC airman

http://www.af.mil/shared/media/photodb/photos/090513-N-0917W-278.jpg

Some airmen in full ACU, armed with M16A2 rifles

http://www.af.mil/shared/media/photodb/photos/080904-F-0620E-932.jpg

Air Force engineers

http://www.af.mil/shared/media/photodb/photos/081211-F-0620E-244.jpg

An airman on patrol with soldiers (note the light brown CIRAS-like vest)

http://www.af.mil/shared/media/photodb/photos/080911-F-7823A-495.jpg

Hey Soldier pal, I hope you don't mind posting some pics for your (hopeful) future projects.

Security Forces in tan (cb?) flight jumpsuits

http://www.af.mil/shared/media/photodb/photos/081118-N-1810F-102.jpg

I think he's a FAC or TAC airman

http://www.af.mil/shared/media/photodb/photos/090513-N-0917W-278.jpg

Some airmen in full ACU, armed with M16A2 rifles

http://www.af.mil/shared/media/photodb/photos/080904-F-0620E-932.jpg

Air Force engineers

http://www.af.mil/shared/media/photodb/photos/081211-F-0620E-244.jpg

An airman on patrol with soldiers (note the light brown CIRAS-like vest)

http://www.af.mil/shared/media/photodb/photos/080911-F-7823A-495.jpg

hey bro thanks alot for the pics...im a bit busy in rl, so it will be a bit longer till i release this lil pack! but yeah i totally have plans on making security forces plus tons of basic Airman with ABU's...n much more i plan to try to re-skin the bis c-130j but wont there be one in OA..thats maby usaf? if nt no worrys ill make it, but do understand im not that good at texturing..so i may need some help...i am hping to get in contact with the dude who did the usaf ac-130 rekin(not yet released) so that maby i can find a home for his alsome re-skin! plus im willing to work with anyone...i love to share the credits so if you think anyone thinks they can help pls hit me up!

and if ppl would like...even tho i can do all the textures needed alot is just copy-n-paste once a few textures are done(which i say there about 98% done), so if anyone wants to help me get started on other units you all are welcome.

and i know i have limitations as these are just bis re-skins so if anyone wants to donate anything i promise to try my best to find it a home here in my lil usaf mod! all credits to origianl authors of course!

oh btw i was thinking of doing pilots in abu camo suits and aircrews aswell...and even just guys you would find on the flightline, so what do you guys think?

Hi folks !!

I am very excited by the idea of having a PJ or CCT MOD finally!

The problem seems to be that you don't have much info on what the operators really wear.

ACU and ABU patterns has never been used alot (almost never in fact) by USAF PJ and CCT so this choice is definitely wrong. There was a DCU (desert 3 colors) era a few years back but since 2008, PJ and CCT almost only use Multicam, so this the pattern to use for your mod!

I play Airsoft and lead a US Air Force PJ/CCT Reenactor Team. I spent countless hours gathering all the info I could about USAF special forces and created a website listing and presenting all the gear used by the operators. The site is http://www.31sts.com

The "Gear Guide" on my site is really accurate for modern PJ and CCT gear which you may want to have a look at ;)

I know it's in French, but you will figure out almost all the sections and pieces of gear used.

Check also to the "PJ and CCT pictures galleries", there are hundreds of photos in high resolution and which are 100% identified as being CCT and PJ.

I can help you in your work if you like, just contact me if you need my help ;)

Cheers! Hope you can make a cool USAF SOF mod ;)

Edited by CoolSpy

hey bud thanks for the pic's, i am however aware we use mostly mulitcam, i will definity include multicam packs\replacements aswell in later releases! its just i have been working on ABU camo for a while now, and also want it done first so its done for when i need it to use on the basic "usaf" guys..ie flightcrews...staff "type" personal..and just guys in ABU(NO GEAR) mostly for background uses..and to make a AFB look like its for the USAF and not the USMC haha! oh and about the gear they wear that i know about too, but these are just BIS re-skins, maby if i get new models or when BIS release the MLODs ill try to make the proper gear!

sadly tho, i wish i had the chance to get issued ABU or Mulitcam, but there were not even in yet when i was in! damn shame too..i think the ABU is sweet looking..and so much better then the damn woodland BDU's:D

p.s. this pack\first release will probly be just "generic" USAF SF so that they can be used for either placeholder untill what you may want gets released, or incsae ppl want to make them into somthing that may not get released! also i wanted to say this is going to be bigger then just units now, soon i will be working on getting permissions for the F-22, and their will be a USAF CV-22, alsong with HH-60's in USAF camo and the dark blue color..my USAF C-130H will make an aperance in here too in USAF camo(BIS C-130J will be incuding along at some point aswell..most likey after OA so i can use the "super" herc)

Edited by soldier2390

csar2.jpg

Guys, these are meant to be placeholders until OA (with models that look more like CSAR guys) comes out. He knows the main texture could probably use some work, and he mentioned something about accidentally cutting their balls off, but they are pretty good.

They aren't super-uber-100.00000000% accurate, but like I said, they are just placeholders. Hey, using these guys, who are actually USAF guys, is a whole lot better then using Marines or Force Recon in a CSAR role.

(Just a warning to anybody who feels the urge to bitch. Read the 2nd sentence again, do you want that to happen to you? No? Well then don't bitch. :D *Don't send him any death-threat PMs either!)

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

@coolspy... i think you might aswell use these doodes..

they look exactly like that. except the PJ patch..

http://armaholic.com/page.php?id=10001

and like darkhorse said im sure when OA comes out..soldier will upgrade these guys with the better fitting models

thanks darkhorse and ebanks!

like they said, as i told them earlier that these are just placeholders untill OA comes out, and then i will have better models to work with! plus thanks to massi i am learning more on how to texture better..so thanks man!

plus i dont have any models of mine own to use, as well..i am not as good at modeling as i want to be, plus why not wait till BIS release MLOD's for arma2 soldiers!

also how would everyone feel about me releasing them now as is for..as i siad a "PlaceHolder"? untill i get more to work with(OA), and hopefully by then i will have more free time to work on these more! but if everyone wishes to use them now... keep in mind there still not done, noir is it my best work..im still very much learning thanks to a bunch of people!

thanks darkhorse and ebanks!

like they said, as i told them earlier that these are just placeholders untill OA comes out, and then i will have better models to work with! plus thanks to massi i am learning more on how to texture better..so thanks man!

plus i dont have any models of mine own to use, as well..i am not as good at modeling as i want to be, plus why not wait till BIS release MLOD's for arma2 soldiers!

also how would everyone feel about me releasing them now as is for..as i siad a "PlaceHolder"? untill i get more to work with(OA), and hopefully by then i will have more free time to work on these more! but if everyone wishes to use them now... keep in mind there still not done, noir is it my best work..im still very much learning thanks to a bunch of people!

I'm just happy my branch of service is finally being represented!!

same here bro! plus i have more then just units planed aswell, like c-130j reskins(again waiting till OA for the super "J"), more vehicles hopefully plus much more if time works out!

+1 on that, I agree.

Ex-USAF