Sign in to follow this  
gore

Sounds

I think new and better sounds should be implemented in flashpoint. Ever wondered why its realy hard to play in the forest (besides lack of periphial vision)?  Because when someones runnning up behind you you cant hear twigs breaking under foot and branches rustling while getting closer and closer. Also sound should be proportional to how fast\slow you walk. People should talk more, apart from over the radio, and you should be able to hear the enemy talking shouting ect.(like DeusEx ect.) this would be good for gauging their knoledge of you and again their position. if this was implemented the imersion and realism of flashpoint would be unparalled biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

you mean IRL you don't shout "WHERE ARE YOU" into your radio? confused.gif

i hate woods combat mostly because the AI nails me through bushes

there is a sound addon availaible         not sure it was official but correct me if im wrong, and what a difference it made

i dont think it deals with the ambient sounds ur looking for but its got some great "private ryan" type bullet whizzes smile.gif

I making new sounds for blackhawk's.

I can import the rotor sounds from BlackHawk Down biggrin.gif.

But i must have the good program for make the new sounds effects...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ April 18 2002,16:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just call me Fallen  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

The file is not available it says sad.gif

We are talking about Satchel's add-on, aren't we?

yea, creeping up on an enemy camp and hearing them shoot the shit with eachother would be great.. hell unless your crack troops (or troops on crack) they will usually converse while on casual patrol.. etc etc..

wow.gif1--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ April 19 2002,00wow.gif1)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ April 18 2002,16:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just call me Fallen  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

The file is not available it says sad.gif

We are talking about Satchel's add-on, aren't we?<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, some guys edited it so far, that there are no problems with OFP 1.46. And the link works for me, have you tried another time?

Fallen> MARVELLOUS this pack is just what I have been

waiting for ! Finally sounds are a lot much better, and I

definetly thinks it improves OFP atmosphere and realism an awfull lot  smile.gif

Why BIS would not include such a pack in their putative next patch ??

Thanx a bunch AGAIN ! biggrin.gif

Personally, I thought that sound add-on sucked ass.

Sounds are inconsistent, ie. some sounds are nice and tight, others have a minute and a half of natural reverb trailing it.

Long reverbs are cut off when the sound is repeated. Like the m16 makes a sound like "pichowowowowooowooowwwooooow", but when you fire it in burst fire it goes more like "pich-pich-pichowowowowooowooowwwooooow".

It's incomplete. Actions that should have sounds sometimes do not.

A lot of the sounds are weak and lacking in the added "realism" this add-on is supposed to offer.

Although I do like the class movement sounds.

The rifle samples are probably taken from a shooting range, that`ll maybe explain the echoes. But that doesn`t bother me, overall the sound mod is an improvement in my eyes.

I think it's all preference honestly. Some people prefer holywood sounds. Some prefer realistic. I think Satchels pack is pretty dang good (Now I just want his skins :Å£)

It seems Satche's sound pack is the prefered sound pack if you read most of the threads in the forums. The only problem w/ the sound packs is if you play online everyone HAS to have it. SP mode it's awesome!

Our squad had it on back on .42 version but when we went up to .46 we left it off for competions. I still have my .42 installed so I can play the campaign or any single mission w/ the cool sounds.

If you can't it at PV's site there are other options here, one is even an addon.pbo instead of a config file

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?oblast=news&search=sound+pack

My main problem with the (default) sounds it that some, like engines/treads, are waaaay to quiet. I have to turn the speakers all the way up to hear a nearby tank, then my eardrums burst when someone fires a rifle 300m away.

I prefer Wright's sound addon, it works well on Multiplayer too.

Better rilfe sounds, no shooting-range echo. I just hope tank sounds would be as loud as satchels but they're better than the originals.

Wright addon from Kyllikki's download page: http://kyllikki.cjb.net/