wraith_v

ATTN NOOBIES! - New to ArmA II or OA - Here's the place for your questions

That is it. Setting your squad to COMPACT COLUMN(all-8-8) or DELTA (all-8-9) will usually make them disengage (that tip is here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1696097&postcount=4)

-OP

Great tip!! I'll give it a try (They're probably pinned down and that's why they won't obey. I'm a bad squad leader to have gotten my men into this ambush into the first place :-( We've already lost one man. But if they could just run to this retreat spot I selected, they might get away without further losses.)

I played Arma2 like a year ago without mods, now i want to try it again since its been patched quite a bit since then, and i want to try it with a good mod. Any recommendations?

Also, should i use the latest BETA patch?

Any recommendations?

A2WarMod

WarMod has 122 addons/mods in it that are from the majority of the communities work, it covers alot of areas, AI, Fixes, effects, and many other things.

I would also reccomend ACE, SLX, GL4, but mods are of personal taste, it all depends on how you want to play your game.

Latest beta patch u may be referring to would be for OA, Arma2 alone has a 1.08 Patch.

A2WarMod

WarMod has 122 addons/mods in it that are from the majority of the communities work, it covers alot of areas, AI, Fixes, effects, and many other things.

I would also reccomend ACE, SLX, GL4, but mods are of personal taste, it all depends on how you want to play your game.

Latest beta patch u may be referring to would be for OA, Arma2 alone has a 1.08 Patch.

Great thanks :) I installed A2Warmod.exe (485MB) and the 1.2 patch. When i start the mod it asked for extended_evenhandlers, so i installed that too (v1.93), now it says extended_eventhandlers needs caweapons3, which i have no idea where to find, i bet if i install that it will require some other mod lol. Is there a more complete version of this mod with everything that is required for it to run or some pack with the missing mods?

Edited by mkultra

mkultra What game are you playing? are you playing specifally Arma2?

as A2WarMod was built for Arma2 only.

so i installed that too (v1.93)

there is no version 1.93, you need CBA--->http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6231&highlight=CBA

Read the installation readme that comes with A2WarMod, theres a folder that says readmes, took me alot of time

to put all those together so players are well informed, of the features, and how to install, ect.,

Any further questions about A2WarMod then please refer to this thread

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=108520

as that is what its for, the thread were on here is a good place for general new player questions

but for specifics then best use a mod's thread.

Is there a more complete version of this mod with everything that is required for it to run or some

pack with the missing mods?

No, A2WarMod is completed with patch 1.2 you will need @CBA;@CBA_A2; at the beginning of your target line for

A2WarMod to work as the addons/mods in it need CBA to work.

Theres nothing missing, I wouldn't release a mod if it didn't work or things are missing if theres any errors for

A2WarMod then find your RPT, and post your rpt on my A2WarMod release thread (link is above or in my sig) and I can better help you.

So totally new to this game.. I know I could probably search the net for quick generic answers , but i thought it would be better if I ask some of you folks that have a lot of experience with this game in particular. I have searched on here but have only found "will my computer run this game threads" I may be posting this in the wrong area. If so forgive me . I was curious if you could give me some advice on some of the advanced settings in the graphics. And how each one effects the game What settings do what and how they directly or indirectly effect the game? . I did 3 benchmarks. 2 in game benchmarks and one with my program similar to fraps. This is a 3 monitor set up . The game plays and looks pretty good . but i do notice a lot of motion blur while I am in 1st person mode. any help on explaining the settings in more detail would be a great help. and possible suggestions or links to help.

My Game settings

In game benchmark 1 Avg 38

In game benchmark 2 Avg 20

Playclaw benchmark:

Actuall game play

NumFrames; 1807

Time; 60.02500

MinFPS; 14

MaxFPS; 39

AvgFPS; 30

Min NV GPU Tc; 60

Max NV GPU Tc; 61

Avg NV GPU Tc; 60

Min NV GPU Tc; 66

Max NV GPU Tc; 67

Avg NV GPU Tc; 66

Min CPU Tc; 43

Max CPU Tc; 48

Avg CPU Tc; 45

Min CPU U%; 22

Max CPU U%; 40

Avg CPU U%; 29

System:

ASUS Rampage Formula III

i7-960

2 X GTX 580's Sli

WD 1 Tb

Seagate Barracuda 1 Tb X 2

corsair 1000 w HX

Corsair 6GB DDR3

Dell UltraSharp U2410- 24" X 3 in Surround

Win7 premium x64

Edited by McKie

So totally new to this game..

Try turning postprocess effects off and also mess with the video memory setting, try default, nice setup by the way

Try turning postprocess effects off and also mess with the video memory setting, try default, nice setup by the way

Thanks for the compliment. Did as you suggested. No more blur in first person view. also increased frame rate 3-4 FPS. Nice

Hi people

How does multiplayer map work ??

How does people who want to play on my server get in

and play ??

When I make a multiplayer map I put a BLUFOR groups

and make all members playable, does it mean that when

a budy want to play online with me he will automaticly use

one of the AI in the group (in my team) and I will be his or her leader???

And If I put two groups with two team leader, when he

or she will get on my server he or she will be able to be

a team leader???

How does it work ????

I hate not knowing stuff:icon_rolleyes:

all the very best good people

Hey Ranker

You have the right idea, but if you have a squad lets say and all connected and each member of the squad is made playable,

and then you have a leader, whoever picks the leader role is basically leader of the squad.

Do you have a mission you have built and or are building for MP/coop?

you will also need to decide how everyone will respawn.

You could have a place they respawn at, or instantly respawn in the spot they died. or have

multiple places they can respawn at as in a menu.

Günter Severloh

Many thanks, Now, thanks to you sir, I know a bit more.

Regarding respawning ..hmmm I will have to learn how

to do this with tutorials.

yes I am actualy working on a multiplayer map but didn't

know about respawning thing.

once again many thanks for your kind help sir.

all the best

Your welcome

Regarding respawning ..hmmm I will have to learn how

to do this with tutorials.

Its actually pretty easy to do, heres what you do (basics):

1.use the mp editor for all your mp mission building, just create a server and lock it, then pick a map,

and place 1 soldier down, then save it with a name you want your mission to be called.

what this will do is create a folder at this address:

C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\ArmA 2\MPMissions

Alt Tab your game and look for your mission

2. Look for your mission title and just keep that folder open, close the rest.

3. what you will now need is to decide how to respawn, so lets do a basic respawn by base.

you will need a tool called Armaedit to create a description ext file, this is what handles your respawns.

you can get it here:http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1455&highlight=ARMAEDIT

4.Install Armaedit, and then start it up, creae a new file called:

description file (ext) it will say on the list.

SAVE THE FILE NAME AS: Description

Once you have that done then in the window put this code in:

respawn = base;
respawndelay = 5;
respawndialog =0;
class header {
gametype = coop;
maxplayers = 3;
minplayers = 1;
};

and then save, put the descriiption file into that mission folder .your respawn is half done.

let me explain what these mean:

respawn = base this means that at a certain place or spot on the map you will respawn

respawndelay = 5; this means the time it takes before you respawn

respawndialog =0;this is the screen you see when you die that shows the respawn timer,

and how many points you and other have, 0=disabled 1=enabled

Back to the Editor

5. alt tab again and get back into the editor, now based on how you want to layout your mission,

you have to decide where you want to respawn, and how far you want to travel to get to your objective/s

so what you do you will need to place a marker on the map that signifies this spot.

go to markers

create a marker where you wish to respawn and name it according to whats listed:

Respawn in base. Requires a marker named:

respawn_west

respawn_east

respawn_guerrila

respawn_civilian

so if you want to be blufor then the marker name will be

respawn_west

OPFOR it will be respawn_east ect.,.

once you have that set then your respawn is pretty much done, thats just very basic.

Last note very important!

Always edit mp missions with the stock Arma2 game WITHOUT addon/mods loaded unless you are adding

specifc addons/mods into the mission that requires them.

If you edit a mission with a modded taget line (shorcut) and decide to paly the same mission without the

mods present that you built the mission with then you will get the error:

You cannot play/edit this mission it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted

this means the mission requires the addons/mods that you built the mission with, EVEN if you did not add anything

but stock vehicles, units ect,. to the mission, and have edited with a modded target line you will get this error.

Hope that wasn't to confusing, but any questions then dont hesitate to ask.

Theres plenty of good folk on the forums here that can answer your questions about what i just explained as well as more,

BIS community is a big editing and modding community;)

Hello,

I just bought Operation Arrowhead, after having had Arma II for a while, and the option to launch the game as Combined Operations seems to work in that all the missions and units for both games are there- however, most of the progress for my profile wasn't transferred. Only my progress for the campaigns and my custom missions have been saved. I'm missing my scenario, boot camp, and armory progress. I'm assuming/hoping these things are transferable and were supposed to be transferred along with everything else in my profile. Can someone help me figure out how to do this?

Edited by Fasdaff

Günter Severloh; thanks for the help.

Are there any texture or mesh replacers for Arma2? I think it could look really good with some new vegetation textures (for trees etc). I didnt find any in the mod section.

Also, is there anything else i need to do to get mods working, except changing the Target line in the shortcut? I think A2WarMod is supposed to come with some better textures for the sky, but the horizon still looked kind of terrible to me, at least at night time there was a line across it that looks a bit weird..

Edited by mkultra

Your welcome

I think it could look really good with some new vegetation textures (for trees etc).

I didnt find any in the mod section.

I know of some:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/mb-veg

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/mb-rocks

what you can do is if you want better vegetation , try out the islands that are out, they use replacement vegetation

sometimes you would have to look through the islands and figure out which one appeal to you.

http://www.armaholic.com/list.php?c=arma2_files_addons_islands

Also, is there anything else i need to do to get mods working, except changing the Target line in the shortcut?

Not really, once you install the files of a mod, and add it to your shortcut target line thats pretty much it.

Are you having issues with a particular mod, or even A2WarMod?

I think A2WarMod is supposed to come with some better textures for the sky, but the horizon still looked kind of

terrible to me, at least at night time there was a line across it that looks a bit weird..

Well I'm the one who built A2WarMod if you read the features readme you would know whats in the mod,

I dont mean to be blatant about it but they are included for that purpose to inform you of whats in the mod.

If you want to know there is a file that is called JTD_ClearHorizons in your A2WarMod Addons folder that is

if you downloaded the A2WarMod patch 1.2.

this file removes the horizon, as in the stock game there is an artificial horizon, if you remove JTD_ClearHorizons

then you will get the stock horizon back.

Also for vegetation there is a file called: sap_clutter which reduces the vegetation

in the game for Chenarus, and I believe utes.

Remove these 2 files:

sap_clutter

JTD_ClearHorizons

and for different sky theres this:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8712

cant say what it will do for your night skys but its up to you.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Hello,

I just bought Operation Arrowhead, after having had Arma II for a while, and the option to launch the game as Combined Operations seems to work in that all the missions and units for both games are there- however, most of the progress for my profile wasn't transferred. Only my progress for the campaigns and my custom missions have been saved. I'm missing my scenario, boot camp, and armory progress. I'm assuming/hoping these things are transferable and were supposed to be transferred along with everything else in my profile. Can someone help me figure out how to do this?

Bumping this only because I don't want it to be lost on the bottom of the last page.

Thanks again for the help Günter Severloh :)

I'm getting this error though, do you know why that happens:

http://piclair.com/data/cd47n.jpg

i tried reinstalling A2WarMod and the patch, same thing happens.

Here's another error: http://piclair.com/data/z3aff.jpg

i have no idea if these matters though.. i read through the installation guide and i think i've done everything right.

The sky mods makes the horizon look like this:

http://piclair.com/data/hm6zk.jpg

without them at least the small dark line on top of the horizon disapears. Really ugly either way imo, but maybe there's no way to fix it.

Edited by mkultra

Hope someone can explain this to me. When I join a server but opt to let AI remain Squad Leader and take up a different role myself, how the hell do I get him and the rest of the squad to participate in the mission? The Squad Leader and rest of AI just stand at mission start point and do nothing no matter how much I call for assistance or mark targets. SL just repeatedly tells me to "Fall back," "Form an me." etc. Many thanks

I'm getting this error though, do you know why that happens:

http://piclair.com/data/cd47n.jpg

This is an error from the BC6_Feeling_ICONS mod.

The icons are the soldiers that showup at the bottem of your screen when you command AI. The error you are getting

I cant do nothing about, I mentioned the same error to the modder of that mod and he cant do nothing about it,

its just a random error that wont prevent anything from working.

Dont worry about it, it will come up when it does, just hit continue.

i tried reinstalling A2WarMod and the patch, same thing happens.

You dont need to reinstall A2WarMod please ask before you do such a thing, and in the future please use the A2WarMod

release thread for future questions, and or issues as seen here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=108520

Please understand A2WarMod is a massive compilation mod, reinstalling 122mods wont do anything to solve errors

that are specific, as most errors, if any, and really none other then the one you posted are mod specific, this is

why it is important like you did, to ask me what the error is.

Here's another error: http://piclair.com/data/z3aff.jpg

i have no idea if these matters though.. i read through the installation guide and i think i've done everything right.

This has nothing to do with A2WarMod, that error is mission related, that mission is missing the intmission.sqf as it says,

which is a script the mission needs to run.

The sky mods makes the horizon look like this:

http://piclair.com/data/hm6zk.jpg

Sky (Mod) only one mod. but did you remove JTD_ClearHorizons

like I pointed out in my previous post? That horizon your getting is from this mod: JTD_ClearHorizons.

Find it in your A2WarMod Addons folder and remove it and you will get the stock horizon back.

==========================================

@Fasdaff

your issue could be a bug, as everything should be saved automatically, do you have your game patched to the latest?

Hope someone can explain this to me. When I join a server but opt to let AI remain Squad Leader and take

up a different role myself, how the hell do I get him and the rest of the squad to participate in the mission? The Squad Leader

and rest of AI just stand at mission start point and do nothing no matter how much I call for assistance or mark targets.

SL just repeatedly tells me to "Fall back," "Form an me." etc. Many thanks

You really cant, unless you find enemy targets then they will participate, if the AI squad leader, then they will only listen

to you if you have low or no ammo, or are injured and need a medic thats if there one availiable.

What mission are you playing?

Hi Gunter. This happens in every mission I try that I opt not to play Squad Leader. Even when I am pointing out targets they won't join in. I havent called for a medic yet so don't know if that would work. What a nonsense

@Fasdaff

your issue could be a bug, as everything should be saved automatically, do you have your game patched to the latest?

Yes, both games are on Steam so they're up to date.

Join in meaning they wont follow through on moving to or engaging in objectives?

Once your in a squad and the mission runs, and has objectives the AI squad Leader should automatically follow Waypoints if any,

and or any scripts that are being called in the mission.

Again what mission/s are you playing.

if I build a mission and decided to be a soldier among the squad in a squad, and I clearly defined waypoints that are to be followed,

the AI squad leader will follow the waypoints with the squad and engage any enemy, even give me targets. if I poiint out targets

the Ai Squad leader will either tell me or another to engage it depending on what the target is. So I'm kinda of missing

some information on exactly what missions you are playing.

What type of mission are you playing on the server, because certain missions that dont have you follow a

certain route meaning a linear objective based mission, the AI wont do nothing.

Coop missions without waypoints, that have objectives that are open, meaning you decide your own route and way

to the objective the AI wont do nothing as its merely setup as roles to choose from. thats one type, theres many

types of missions, so I need some details of what missions are you playing specifically, as all of them dont tell me

anything all of what, the stock Arma2 missions, downloaded missions, missions you built in the editor?

Details bake the cake.

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

@Fasdaff

This is a steam thread on this forum, look through here and see what you can find:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=73554

also there is this on steam itself.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=368

I really dont know what to tell you, I mean I can tell you where your profiles, and your usersaved missions and what not are,

but as far as transferring, missions or progress if not saved, obviously cannot be transferred. it could be a steam

game issue something I dont know about as I only own the DVD version of the game Arma2.

Hope that helps.

hey there, i got a small question related to the Intro and Outro´s in Arma 2. I was reading the Intro guide for this, all worked fine, now i tried to start a outro with the same stuff, but the outro just stays black if i exec it. thanks in advance