Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Advanced Combat Environment (A.C.E.) 2 - v1.0 stable

Still I'm expecting ACE could make the UAV(Q9)'s laser designator work well when I'm using its terminator, so that I could guide the AGM114 missile to hit the ground target.

Its very hard though to do that in ARMA2's UAV state its in atm since there are no stabilizer or lockable camera. It would be really hard to keep the laser onto a target. Ofcourse Mandoble's UAV fixes this, but im not sure its in ACE? Sorry if it is - i didnt test it so far. You can use Mando's addon with ACE though to do this.

Operation Arrowhead will have laser though and ACE will come over to it as well. Happy times. :)

a couple of questions reguarding equipment:

Earplugs and balaclavas, goggles, shades and glasses.

How do i use these?

Also, reguarding heavy weapons, does the stand (tri pod) and gun have to match up, or can i put any gun on any stand?

Also, how do i get AI troops to parachute out of aircraft?

@kahn

Heres how "In order to use goggles and masks properly, ACE2 needs to know information about your player profile. Alter the Identity section in the ..\ArmA2\userconfig\ACE\ace_clientside_config.hpp file to match your player profile"

You can find lots of info here

Its very hard though to do that in ARMA2's UAV state its in atm since there are no stabilizer or lockable camera. It would be really hard to keep the laser onto a target. Ofcourse Mandoble's UAV fixes this, but im not sure its in ACE? Sorry if it is - i didnt test it so far. You can use Mando's addon with ACE though to do this.

Operation Arrowhead will have laser though and ACE will come over to it as well. Happy times. :)

I think a stabilize camera is a must have for a mod like ACE. It could be used in all choppersand make them more convinient (and realistic) to use and may-be even on ground vehicles.

a couple of questions reguarding equipment:

Earplugs and balaclavas, goggles, shades and glasses.

How do i use these?

Also, reguarding heavy weapons, does the stand (tri pod) and gun have to match up, or can i put any gun on any stand?

Also, how do i get AI troops to parachute out of aircraft?

To use gear like masks, earplugs etc you do need to add your player name to the user config file as documented in the FAQ. Then, after adding goggles etc, you will see menu actions to put on masks or use earplugs.

Crew-served weapons can only use one type of tripod, but some weapons are configured for the same one. So the M2 machine gun and Mk19 AGL both use the M3 tripod. You just have to look at the specific weapons.

AI Parachuting. Guessing here, but most likely would have to wire up a script to tie into the ACE HALO code in sys_eject.

Hi , one question about the fastroping: Its posible to make the IA use the current fastrope system? or its just for human players?

I tried to use the deploy_fastropes.sqf and the fnc_fastrope.sqf of the ace_sys_fastrope without success :P, so i think that is done only for players but maybe i'm wrong

Edited by columdrum

Oh on the subject of glasses and gas maskes etc.

In one of the boxes theres these funny looking glasses with a silly nose on them why cant i wear these i have configured me user config :) and can use gas mask etc but not these.

It might just slaughter your framerate with automatic grenade launchers, but how amazing would it be if fragmentation rounds kicked up bullet-impact dust like the Mk. 19 in this video?

Err, I forgot to actually add the link.

Oh on the subject of glasses and gas maskes etc.

In one of the boxes theres these funny looking glasses with a silly nose on them why cant i wear these i have configured me user config :) and can use gas mask etc but not these.

Remove the right pbo file in ACE and you can wear a steel bucket on your head. :eek:

The silly nose image is just that - silly. But in the larger scale of things it's worth putting up with a bit of levity from a very hard working team now and then.

Hi thanks for the reply.

Thats what I thought I do play all serious and some may say to much so thought it would be kinda funny :).

What PBO do I remove and if I do will it cause any other problems?.

cheers

A metal bucket on your head is a warning that you have done something very bad to ACE and will shortly be kicked off the server. Do not tamper with pbo files unless explicitly told to do so by an ACE developer as part of locating a bug.

ummm im confused why put them in the box if i cant use them without doing some thing you are now telling me not to?.

any who cheers

The Funny Goggles are just placeholder images because someone complained about the Generic Item image they used to have.

Look at the names, not the image. And if you got gas mask et al to work they'll work.

Also, removing PBO files is badâ„¢

Thats just it tho I have got the gas mask,safty goggles,tactical glasses all work just not the funny glasses.any way not to worry aint that important hehe.

Keep up the good work ACE team

Having some issues with the rangefinder and laser designator. I have batteries in inventory and i'm following all instructions to the letter, the laser points, but I get no readout at all. Confirmed the problem with one other who was getting bearing but no range.

Having some issues with the rangefinder and laser designator. I have batteries in inventory and i'm following all instructions to the letter, the laser points, but I get no readout at all. Confirmed the problem with one other who was getting bearing but no range.

This problem appears to me too

-------------I think the original UAV camera is nice, beacuse it use the FLIR and full screen, much better than MMA's UAV camera(TV guide). The key defects of the origianl UAV(Predator) is its laser designator doesn't work(when you use a UAV teminator, you are in the gunner position). If Predator could use the LOBL or LOAL mod to fire hellfire missile, then :yay:

Edited by Lao Fei Mao

well im using the latest version of ace and i used the range finder ok last night.

cant remember what the name of the ones i used are but there just range finders etc little white ones.

I select em then load batter default R then press fire and wait a few seconds then i get range?.

Umm yes. The vector binoculars has range finding and is lighter than the proper laser designator. Dont know what you mean with your post but yeah, the vector has ranging ability. Load battery "R" and then press once and the laser shoot out for a second and then turns automatically off and give you the range. Press again to range again.

Hi alex72 im replying to post above it works ok for me and yes on the vector thats the ones tho I cant comment on the others as I dont use them.

I can see where the Vector 21 might be perceived to have issues. Recently it's been looking like the battery was pre-loaded, but the unit is not on. You have to toggle the reload operation a couple times to get it to settle down.

Actually a couple items seem have reload issues. The SMAW takes a couple tries when crouching, prompting some very colorful responses from my AT guy trying to kill a T-72 before it kills him.

This cycling of gear does from time to time mock up. With time to time i mean different versions of ACE - i think. But i notice some version when cycling through AH6 weapons i have to press "F" like 10 times to cycle through the 3 modes (FFAR, low, high MG). Maybe its the same phenomenon.

Hi , one question about the fastroping: Its posible to make the IA use the current fastrope system? or its just for human players?

When I use the fast roping, the AI use it automatically without any commands. Also, it was said earlier in this thread that pilots can't deploy ropes but I am able to as long as I have the rope to deploy. Then the AI hop on for the ride down. I have yet to be able to deploy a rope while just "riding in the back."