Sign in to follow this  
nzdfcrash

Semi Transparent Textures in Dust

Hey guys im getting issues with some vehicles im working on when they are around dust kicked up by helicopters, cars and tanks etc. Ive tried different rvmats, saving the paa with different programs and have come up with no good result to fix this issue. Any Ideas?

hey crash, whats actually happening to the vehicles? it sounds like you might be having alpha sorting issues.

basically when dust is kicked up vehicles with the issue go partially transparent and i dont know how to fix this

It works in A1 but this A2 is problematic. Will try this "Face/move to top" thingy today.

changing it to _co made no difference what so ever, wont moving faces to top screw with prop blurs etc for choppas and fixed wing?

no idea, I just remember reading somewhere 'Faces/move to top' etc, was related to alpha sorting

Just to make sure, your alpha textures are named .ca
changing it to _co made no difference what so ever, wont moving faces to top screw with prop blurs etc for choppas and fixed wing?

he said ca not co. the a in ca is for alpha i think. not sure if this solves the problem just something i noticed.

Are you just renaming the file or loading it up in texview and re-saving it with the new name?

Simply renaming the file in windows explorer wont work.

To fix the prop blurs and stuff just select those again, separate to the rest of the vehicle and use move top again.

anyone found a fix for the issue? i'm having the same with the mraps

here's picture (by Alex72) if you dont know what this bug look like

mrap1.jpg

bit of a long shot, but from looking at NZDF CRASH's model the other day, i noticed there were alpha channels on the main hull texture of the chopper, might be worth a try and making sure your _co's are 24 bit

Only use xxx_co.paa files for non-alpha related textures. That is 'bullet' proof.

Like Mike says, make sure you also save your xxx_co.tga texture as 24bit (so no alpha).

For alpha related textures you best use xxx_ca.tga (32bit)/xxx_ca.paa textures. But not that _ca texture will always give even solid colors/alpha 100% white a soft transparent look...no mather what setting afaik. That effect isn't always that noticable, but in certain angles and lighting like above it causes bad effects.

Additionally, always work (convert) with your tga source files. Renaming paa files won't work.

well saldy none worked :(

here's an old thread and was answererd by a developer but i can understand what he means so if anyone does pls tell me :(

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=39571&page=3\

edit : i fixed it i added more res lods and it disappeared :D :D :D i had to add 2 more lods for it to go away

edit 2 : no it didn't but it does seem to made it less transparent

Edited by namman2

Thanks dude it seemed to have worked on one of the vehicles so far