Sign in to follow this  
arb

Afghanistan Green Zone 10km Island WIP

Looking like your's & Matt's Para's have a new home :)

same with every other desert addon and mods:D! this is gonna be epic when released..there will be nothing but missions out the azz for this map, hell some may even be from me!

and as soon as its released ill begain making several very nice and detailed fob\bases templetes for ppl to use for thier own stuff! thiers to freely edit of course;)

Dave,

Definitely this is my second mod on the list along with it's Brits...

New screenshots!

Starting to get the look I want (hopefully not Safari looking) which hopefully means I will start to make a lot of progress on this...

4406672589_739714a701_o.jpg

4407439436_8b0e642134_o.jpg

4407439528_58a0c46bd9_o.jpg

wow dude! looks great, I was wondering does this island consist mostly of flat lands or can we expects some hills or mountains too?

wow dude! looks great, I was wondering does this island consist mostly of flat lands or can we expects some hills or mountains too?

its mainly flat but are some hilly bits out in the desert.

Is there going to be any difference in grass colors ?

Is there going to be any difference in grass colors ?

Yes and other types of grass.

started work on doing some of the roads/ tracks raised :)

4407783604_e882cd132d_o.jpg

off to get some sleep now!

Looks nice mate, got a good authentic look to it and I can't wait to see how the built up areas are :)

stuning! no question about it..i think we can all agree this is gonna be the best afghan map ever!!! am i right everyone?

started work on doing some of the roads/ tracks raised :)

Those roads look absolutly amaizing!! This is goning to be awesome

Will the buildings/compounds be mainly in one built up area or will there be some outlaying compounds away from the main village.

With some out laying buildings a good distance from the main area we could create some cool "cordon and search" missions.

Really looking forward to this one, looks excellent mate.

Will the buildings/compounds be mainly in one built up area or will there be some outlaying compounds away from the main village.

With some out laying buildings a good distance from the main area we could create some cool "cordon and search" missions.

loads of buildings all over the place, haven't even started on the buildings yet! Want to get the terrain etc right first.

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

been working on the rivers again, I'm liking the look of them now. ignore the colour of the ground, thats yet to be worked on to match the road colour. other option is to do another road texture to match sat image.

4408035439_c6a4c21432_o.jpg

Cool stuff. Just been reading 3 Para by Patrick Bishop and its given me a few ideas for missions. Bit of an editor novice but will put some effort in with this island to learn the knewances of it.

If the buildings are half as good as the terrain its gonna be mega!.

I own around 10 books written by UK soldiers/NCOs and I believe many of the stuff can be recreated on this map ;)

p.s. too bad we will stay in FOBs most of the time fending off Talibans controlling the entire region ;)

I own around 10 books written by UK soldiers/NCOs and I believe many of the stuff can be recreated on this map ;)

p.s. too bad we will stay in FOBs most of the time fending off Talibans controlling the entire region ;)

Apache by Ed Macy is a good read, just started on his second book Hellfire.

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

new texture to match sat image... feedback please.

4408865124_9a46d687e6_o.jpg

4408870650_c395043a4d_o.jpg