Sign in to follow this  
arb

Afghanistan Green Zone 10km Island WIP

Yup... quite a bright yellowy/green... though the brown tops are usually a bit darker out in the wild and the weather...

B

If this follows through, excuse the pun, then this map will be a right treat :)

yes it sure wil be, infact im taking this as my offical (very delayed) b-day present haha...since i got no real presents for my b-day...lol

Ok, I have now replaced the reeds with some long grass clutter. this is making performance a lot better, will do some green textured grass too.

also need to make the trees a bit random, looking to much the same in these pics I think.

4376521803_8da6f0b40b_o.jpg

4377275412_ee4639c1a1_o.jpg

Awww the reeds looked awesome.

Great map man, I can't wait to try this one out :)

good stuff the weed looks good ...cant wait for test it :rolleyes:

pretty photos:) , the problem is that the AI in those fields of grass, obvious does not take it into account and shot with its laser beams eyes xdd

I liked the reeds too but they killed performance and looked naff from the air, I think these look better from the air...

4377362054_b4dca8c559_o.jpg

I'll do some in the same green as the reeds were so they are something like in this pic....

0013729e4ad90b384c9b08.jpg

pretty photos:) , the problem is that the AI in those fields of grass, obvious does not take it into account and shot with its laser beams eyes xdd

might have to reduce the height so we aren't at a disadvantage against the AI

I love the high grass! and the map too... ;)

really nice work man, please keep it up!

might have to reduce the height so we aren't at a disadvantage against the AI

this.

The AI are gonna pwn us in the tall grass. Maybe make some of the outskirts of the map with high grass but the more central zones must be lower so us Humans stand a chance. :eek:

Still loving it Arb. The grass may be a little too high. As said above AI will have too much of an advantage. However, it is coming along very nicely.

This is a big problem to me as high grass would be a great addition to fields...

its not that the grass is high. It just happens to be landing in a field. And if the AI is shooting from a field, with you walking down a road parrallel to it. The AI is gonner blow you away, just like terry when he crouches in his field and sees squaddies walking along the track nearby. So keep the fields high and visibly impairing.

its not that the grass is high. It just happens to be landing in a field. And if the AI is shooting from a field, with you walking down a road parrallel to it. The AI is gonner blow you away, just like terry when he crouches in his field and sees squaddies walking along the track nearby. So keep the fields high and visibly impairing.

I agree. The closer to real life the better in my opinion. What everybody else needs to remember is that the grass won't be like that for the whole map. There are going to be fields in some areas, no fields in others.