Sign in to follow this  
DieterWeber

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier trailer.

I have just seen the trailer and I really cant judge much since its not much shown but I still wonder... Does Tom Clancy have any idea what is ubi doing or are they just living on good old name. I mean GRAW was... great graphics, movment, physics but somehow it didnt feel right. GRAW 2 was dumb down even more and was too console like game. I still dont understand why they removed certain type of bullet penetration like you couldnt kill 2 dudes with one shot using .50 cal or trough brich wall. Biggest problem of GRAW1/2 is that it is so damn boring. Campaign would be total shit without the effects and videos (yeah I like that cheezy "Scott we are patching you in with the white house" videos:)). I got tired of MP PvP after a month. Only thing I played online was coop. That was pretty cool. Bottom of line is that it was a good game but not amazing like that first tittles. Just like Vegas. I really hope this one will be epic. I dont mind a bit of crysis in it but I fear UBI lost touch for making games.

Tom Clancy isn't what he used to be. He wrote a few good books (Red Storm Rising, The Hunt for Red October, Clear and Present Danger etc) but many of the more recent ones are utterly pathetic.

There is one called SSN where one 688 SSN takes out the whole Chinese Navy. It was great comedy but that's about all it was. Most accurately described by one Amazon reviewer as "What would happen if Superman was a submarine".

I suspect that his involvement in the games extends as far as cashing the royalty check and little, if anything else.

"What would happen if Superman was a submarine".

That sir is the best thing ever written in the english language.

Tom Clancy isn't what he used to be. He wrote a few good books (Red Storm Rising, The Hunt for Red October, Clear and Present Danger etc) but many of the more recent ones are utterly pathetic.

There is one called SSN where one 688 SSN takes out the whole Chinese Navy. It was great comedy but that's about all it was. Most accurately described by one Amazon reviewer as "What would happen if Superman was a submarine".

I suspect that his involvement in the games extends as far as cashing the royalty check and little, if anything else.

QF f**king T.

World in Conflict is the only Tom Clancy game I actually want.

And it's not even a Tom Clancy game.

And it came out 3 years ago.

GRAW for PC would have been a well worthy sequel if the netcode was halfway decent.

I don't suppose I will bother to even look at this game.

I certainly feel that a console port is the way to go with this title.

No point them trying to make a decent PC version. They clearly don't have the programming skills available to them.

So yeah, port it earn a few extra bucks.

Why not?

actually i quite liked GRAW for the sounds and for the reload-animations. GRIN even got dry and chambered reloading right. i especially liked the mp5. the game itself was decent imo, but on the other hand i could never get into OGR because of the missing weapon models. but the original R6 was great!

GRAW isn't a bad game, and technically it does follow the GR style, an elite force using top of the range equipment (when GRAW was in production the future force warrior program was either in production or maybe just canceled), so it was atleast a real possability, and using hardware that existed (even tho just in prototype format).

The new one looks totally fictional, and tbh that's whats going to kill it the most, GR has always been about 'next gen' equipment on elite troops, but its always been real equipment (just stuff that was new/limited usage), the new one looks like its going a different direction and will probably fall flat on its face.

GRAW isn't a bad game, and technically it does follow the GR style, an elite force using top of the range equipment (when GRAW was in production the future force warrior program was either in production or maybe just canceled), so it was atleast a real possability, and using hardware that existed (even tho just in prototype format).

The new one looks totally fictional, and tbh that's whats going to kill it the most, GR has always been about 'next gen' equipment on elite troops, but its always been real equipment (just stuff that was new/limited usage), the new one looks like its going a different direction and will probably fall flat on its face.

Oh yes it is a horrible game. The AI, the buggy missions, the sounds, the atmosphere, the graphics, practically everything. I wouldn't buy GRAW for 0,1 euros, unless some idiot would buy it for more.

Current US "Future Warrior" :p

predator-cloak-image-01_1203469753.jpg

Edited by BangTail

That is not Ghost Recon. That is crysis-ish with the Ghost Recon name on it.

Or maybe the developers finally arrived to a literal Ghost Recon :butbut:

That is not Ghost Recon. That is crysis-ish with the Ghost Recon name on it.

Or maybe the developers finally arrived to a literal Ghost Recon :butbut:

I'm willing to bet that Crysis is far more realistic than Future Soldier will be.

Trying the visible spectrum Meta-Materials cloak thingy are they? Far flung future there.. What, 2110? 2210? Oh, how far can GR fall before it smacks something solid?

Trying the visible spectrum Meta-Materials cloak thingy are they? Far flung future there.. What, 2110? 2210? Oh, how far can GR fall before it smacks something solid?

Actually its not that far ahead, they know how to make them with mirrors but they cant yet make mirrors small enough for light. They have however made the cloaks that completely disrupt microwaves rendering it invisible to radar.

I'm not defending them putting that junk in that game though. I want to see soldiers with current gen weaponry in a semi realistic environment, not predator super soldiers sporting gear that once available would cost too much to be equipped.

As I've said, I still do not get why some (not the majority) people think GRAW was a horrible game.

I like it, as said earlier, because it does also have nice details.

Weapon behaviour, etc. is really superb.

Also nobody can tell me, that you can compare the GRAW 2 hardcore mode

with OFP DR's one, took me months to finish it.

No, GRAW isnt a bad game alone, the problem they have is like what happen with R6 and more recently, OFP:DR, that the new game just isnt what they used to be, and should not have the old name writen on the box in the first place.

As I've said, I still do not get why some (not the majority) people think GRAW was a horrible game.

Because you can't finish a co-op game before it crashes.

In fact the chances of getting all 4 people to even join a co-op game before one of them crashes is pretty slim.

Because you can't finish a co-op game before it crashes.

In fact the chances of getting all 4 people to even join a co-op game before one of them crashes is pretty slim.

There are actually points in GRAW 2 where the game will auto crash reliably every time that were never fixed either.

It's a shame because coop in that game is a lot of fun.

should be interesting to trial, hopefully its got a good story in it like the other ghost recon games

I stopped playing the series with Ghost Recon 2, simply because there were females on the team. I couldn't take any of it seriously, and the missions seemed to be missing the "Recon" part of "Ghost Recon".

Yes, I know there were females in the first game, but they were "special characters" and I don't think any of them were supposed to be American soldiers.

Because of females in the team? You're living in the past.

I stopped playing the series with Ghost Recon 2

I dont think you can say "series". Ghost Recon 2 was only for consoles and as far as I am concerned this was already not a true sequel of the Ghost Recon series.

Because of females in the team? You're living in the past.

Ghost Recon is supposed to be part of the 5th Special Forces Group.

There are exactly 0 females in a SF line battalion.

How am I "living in the past"?