Sign in to follow this  
Wolfrug

RUG High Dispersion (Beta test)

This is great dude!

The dispersion should be a little less tho, are these the same

values as JAM had? Cause I remember that JAM had a little less dispersion.

Nevertheless great work, it really makes fun!

This is great dude!

The dispersion should be a little less tho, are these the same

values as JAM had? Cause I remember that JAM had a little less dispersion.

Nevertheless great work, it really makes fun!

Nope, the dispersion is actually in a way loosely based on whatever the default dispersion value for the weapon is, so some weapons will be more...um..dispersive than others. But it is in no way based on any other values. As to JAM having less dispersion: I'm not so sure. I remember being able to stand pretty darned close to some of those crazy Tonali people and have them spray bullets all around me with nary a fright, so in fact I'd almost wager they had MORE dispersion.

What I think might be part of the problem is that the dispersion doesn't make any sense when someone is lying down: the bullets go to impossible places (e.g. hit the ground right in front of the shooter despite the rifle being pointed forward) - this isn't half as noticeable when standing or crouched. This might be fixable if I decreased the actual dispersion value, and instead started tweaking with the recoil values and tried to find one which kicks the bullets around in an appropriately wild manner, without ever actually kicking them DOWN. But then again I'm not sure if that'd work - the AI might just take longer to adjust their aim between shots or somesuch instead...

One way around this is to tell all your inexperienced soldiers to "setunitpos "UP"", which would make them all stand all the time, making them bigger targets AND making the strange dispersion less noticeable. This was a suggestion in the original JAM as well, and used throughout the Tonali campaign.

But I can definitely tweak this - I'm assuming you're talking about dispersion for soldiers, not vehicles (vehicle dispersion is quite insane, but then again there's a lot of lead coming out of those guns).

Regards,

Wolfrug

Updated to 1.4! Now compatible with OA, and with new demo missions! Check first post for updated links & changelog. Try 'em out and let me know what you think :)

Regards,

Wolfrug

Thanks Old Bear! But there seems to be something wrong with the mirror: at least I can't spot any "download" link on it, instead it has like an old poll or something inside it? :( link

Weird stuff. Apologies for disappearing, but I went on vacation ;)

Also, I realize this addon needs to be signed, so I shall get on with doing that.

I might also have to 'explain' how this addon is meant to be used, since I have a creeping feeling people might not quite have gotten it... :p (either that, or the demand for HD units/weapons suddenly magically disappeared between OFP and now).

Any comments from anyone who's tried the missions/addon?

Regards,

Wolfrug

Whoops ... , I can explain what happens but not here ..., I believe it's working now, sorry for the weird thing ....

I like much what you have done, having played some incredible firefights in Tropica mangroves, I am trying to convince my fellows gamers to play it without too much success. I am sorry to say they are more attracted by new brand weapons from OA.

Edited by Old Bear

Updated to 1.5:

- (1.15) Added British Forces DLC/Lite compatibility, simply add the new RUG_HD_BAF.pbo to the mix (might only work with OA - not sure?).

- (1.15) Signed all the files!

Also added a big rant to the top of the initial post, for those of you really unsure of what this addon is all about!

Regards,

Wolfrug

Brilliant, loved the JAM HD weapons in OFP, really made some very interesting fire fights. Is it possible to replace all weapons with HD weapons as default? So I can play the original campaign or official missions with HD weapons without having to open them up in the editor and adding the HD module myself?

I'd also like to see a module that replaces like half of the weapons in a squad with HD weapons so that some members have HD and others don't.

Edited by aLlamaWithARifle

Brilliant, loved the JAM HD weapons in OFP, really made some very interesting fire fights. Is it possible to replace all weapons with HD weapons as default? So I can play the original campaign or official missions with HD weapons without having to open them up in the editor and adding the HD module myself?

I'd also like to see a module that replaces like half of the weapons in a squad with HD weapons so that some members have HD and others don't.

Yes, auto init like in mando missle would be nice.

Just found this addon and think its very intresting.

How does it work? Is it so simple to just use F7 and add as module?

Do I have to do anything else ?

And does it work for all weapons and addons?

I read the instructions but I would like to ask again so I can be sure.

Thanks

It is as simple as adding the module and synchronising the module to the leader of the squads you want to have high dispersion.

This will only work for custom addons that use default BIS weapons.

hmm, sorry for thread necromancy but,

is there a way to make this one work with the Dynamic AI Creator? i am guessing "no" since the dac created ai dont have names. but maybe someone knows of a way?

Hello McSpeed!

You're lucky I saw this, I usually don't go trawling the forums - then again you might miss the reply as well, but, in case you don't and for future reference: it should be perfectly possible to make this work with DAC! There is, if I remember correctly, some point in the setup of DAC forces that you can determine stuff to put in their "init" fields (like, say, "this addweapon 'Binoculars'" or something if you want everyone to spawn with binos). All you need to do is to place the appropriate script command there and voilà, it works with them. Since DAC remembers the weapons and equipment of each soldier as it stores them in limbo, it shouldn't be a problem with the "spawning/despawning" thing either. This is the pertinent part of the readme that tells you the script commands:

- Can also be called without synchronizing with modules (but the modules still need to be in place to initialize the scripts). The script versions of the modules are: RUG_HD_AssureHD (permanent HD weapons), RUG_HD_AssureReg (permanent regular weapons), RUG_HD_RegToHD (switch weapons from regular to HD), RUG_HD_HDToReg (switch weapons from HD to regular). All of these are called in the same way: [unitname] spawn <script>. NB: You may want to give the modules a second to initialize before running the script!

So basically add '[this] spawn RUG_HD_RegToHD' in whatever init sequence DAC units have, and hey presto. Of course, you could ALSO just add a "RUG_HD_" in front of every class name of unit you want spawned if you're just using default units (e.g. "RUG_HD_BAF_Soldier_N_MTP") which would then spawn a HD version of said unit instead of the regular one. Not applicable for addon units, of course, nor for vehicles (sadly!).

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Wolfrug