Sign in to follow this  
st3rv

Futuristic Military Forces Addon (WIP & TEAM REQUEST)

those MNU vehicles would look nice with a new paintjob.

Edited by Black1ron

Not sure if you've played Red Faction Guerilla but that game has a decent amount of military future vehicles,the Earth Defence Force has a vehicle for almost any role like recon/armored vehicle,apc,mbt,gunship,trucks.

Here's a pic of the apc http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/article/864/864716/red-faction-guerilla-images-20080404032056487_640w.jpg and here's a pic of the scout car http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_zbFgOJL4VTQ/SwOLDBD0QfI/AAAAAAAAAC8/nHZzWUZP-K8/s1600/SamBrown-15-RF-Scout.jpg

In my opinion they aren't very sci-fi,sort of "it could happen in the near future".

> 100kb

Any takers?

Post any ideas on camo you may have please, no more vehicles for now...

Edited by Rellikki

I think you should use a digital version of DPM. Either that or tradition 3-colors and BDU's. Logo looks real nice, needs more subdued colors.

Are you just going to do guns and cars or will you do helicopters, tanks, units and things like that too?

Is it gunna be resistance, Special ops or just a random army?

Edited by destroystheovik
Second thoughts

Are you just going to do guns and cars or will you do helicopters, tanks, units and things like that too?

Is it gunna be resistance, Special ops or just a random army?

Most likely to be a small blufor armed force. Im thinking along the lines of Task force 141 from modern warfare, just with a bit more depth to it.

Im not sure about helicopters or tanks yet but I would really like to make a Fast Attack Vehicle. To be honest i'm likely to go with my gut and use the Ford Amatoya as a rough guideline for the design. Like I said before, the more people that express interest in this project (&the more people that join) the more likely that it will expand into a bigger project.

If you know anyone who has skills in the following combined with too much free time, Contact me to join the team...

-Texture Artists (Includes UVW skills)

-Animators (02)

-Configgers & Scripters

The more people that join, the faster this gets to be released...

P.S: WHERE ARE THESE EXAMPLES OF CAMOS YOU LOT WOULD LIKE TO SEE ON THE GUNS!? get posting pics!

6yp20h.jpg

Edited by st3rv

Oooo sounds nicee! I want Task Force 141 :D

I'd personally prefer flat black over a camo. Camo guns are...lame. Unless its Descam. :love:

You get plain black camo and Desert Camo with ACE2. And I think ACE2 is good, I just wanna do something a little different but im sure making some of the weapons plain black shouldn't be a problem. :) The camo shown on the weapon above is not the Be-all-end-all so dont worry if jungle warfare isn't your thing ;)

Well, I just think that futuristic weapons would be a matte black with maybe a few cool Olive drab accents. So I dunno. Up to you.

Ah yeah definately, well currently I have 2 camo schemes in mind (Jungle and Winter/Urban) so a third is needed to complete the range, the standard colour is likely to be exactly what you wanted Enad :)

Do you fancy helping me out with this at all? (Enad)

I haven't been to bed yet, its 8:39AM...

Oh yeah, BTW the images shown here are print screens from O2.

> 100kb

Edited by Rellikki

a few observation (yes, i know it is WIP):

1. you might want to bevel some of those hard edges you got there

2. texture seems to be deforming on certain surfaces: did you unwrap the model correctly?

3. some faces seem to be overlapping = artifacts

question:what is the current poly count?

seems to me that you could add some more detail on the low poly version, even if you are not gonna create a high poly model for making normal maps.

I don't know how to unwrap and seeing as not one person has offered to help so far its unlikely that it will happen. Overlapping faces isn't an issue, easy to fix.

I couldn't tell you what the poly count is as i dont even know that myself.

which software are you using? send me a PM

Just sticking this one in before I get down to the big job at hand...

> 100kb

Edited by Rellikki

I wish I could help. But I really have no idea how to mod for ArmA II. Its all so confusing! :(

No worries mate, I've had to restart some of the work on the models so it might take a little longer than I originally anticipated. On the good side it does allow me to rethink some of the design aspects aswell as optimizing the performance of the said addons due to be released. :)

Any takers?

Post any ideas on camo you may have please, no more vehicles for now...

This gave me a silly idea, and 5 minutes in MSPaint later I made something that looks strange but kinda camouflage-ish. Feel free to use it, though I really doubt the quality is good enough.

8ychh0.png

This is the NEW model for the assault rifle. :D

w89448.jpg

> 100kb

Edited by Rellikki

Those models look really nice. Are you going to make any futuristic software for the guns like in Ghost Recon where it has a camera on the gun so you can look round corners without exposing yourself?

Those models look really nice. Are you going to make any futuristic software for the guns like in Ghost Recon where it has a camera on the gun so you can look round corners without exposing yourself?

erm...im not sure if thats actually possible mate, I can ask around though, see if anyone knows a way of acheiving that. would make a good weapon attachment.