Sign in to follow this  
madbull

[R3F] Artillery and Logistic: Manual artillery and advanced logistic (mission script)

Hi Madbull

Ive been able to add the code to make an HQ LAV the artillery HQ for your system. One problem has arisen though is it is not recognized as the ammo resupply point. I can call up the computer to lay down coordinates and transfer them to gunners. But once they fire their 8 rounds I cant reload as it says it can find the HQ near by.

edit

Ok does anyone know how to load the satphone into a vehicle at the beginning of the game... and have it initialized to be the artillery Fire Control? I tried this addweapon but it load the satphone that is not initialized. thanks for the help

Edited by gunterlund21

@Winchester Delta_1 :

That looks anormal. Many people can do it work very well on dedicated and non dedicated. And joining in progress or not.

Redownload the demo mission and test it again please.

If you have again a problem, check your RPT files on server and player and send me any interesting content.

Do you use a specific addon on server or player ?

Hmm for 2 months i have been trying so now and than to get the ARTY to work on a dedicated server. I'm not using specific Addons. Only ACE. And Isle Duala.

When i run your Demo mission and my own mission with your script pack on a Hosted client everything works fine or when testing it in the editor. (tested on Duala and Chernarus)

But when i run your demo mission and my own mission on a dedicated server there are 2 things not working (also on Duala and Chernarus and any other Island) :

-You can't pick up any fuel drums, tables our chairs. The actions are not there anymore.

-I can't use the artillery computer or pack the artillery computer. Both actions do not appear on a dedicated server.

#This is both with and without the ACE_Config.sqf

Everything els like transporting,loading and towing works on the dedicated server. And i can go into the Arty and see the fire computer there.

Is there any way you our somebody els can help me with this.

I also checked my .RPT file. I don't know if this is helpfull our even relevant to this. I just include it just incase.

0:56:28.331 (0:00:00.000) [x\cba\addons\common\init.sqf:4] MISSINIT: missionName=R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG_demo, worldName=Chernarus, isMultiplayer=true, isServer=false

0:56:29.803 (0:00:00.000) [x\ace\addons\sys_interaction\XEH_preClientInit.sqf:44] WARNING: No Self_Interaction_Menu key defined. Falling back to default APPS

If you like can you take a look at my mission. You would make me a very happy man. Allready thanks for your time.

http://rapidshare.com/files/396329006/Co12_TFA_Desert_Rumble.isladuala.pbo.html

Edited by Winchester Delta_1

And is there a possibility that i can get the artillery only working when a guy is carry'ing a ACE Radio. "ACE_PRC119_MAR". Any help on this is welcome. I want to make it that the radio man with that ACE radio can also relay the target coordinates directly to arty pieces.

I hope i'm not asking to much... But i have been working all day implementing scripts and things into this mission. Revive scipt and such..... I'm so close to finally finish a mission. But only the dedicated server problem with the arty is holding me back now. Atleast the waiting lets me finish some details with it.

Greets from Holland.

Hmm for 2 months i have been trying so now and than to get the ARTY to work on a dedicated server. I'm not using specific Addons. Only ACE. And Isle Duala.

When i run your Demo mission and my own mission with your script pack on a Hosted client everything works fine or when testing it in the editor. (tested on Duala and Chernarus)

But when i run your demo mission and my own mission on a dedicated server there are 2 things not working (also on Duala and Chernarus and any other Island) :

-You can't pick up any fuel drums, tables our chairs. The actions are not there anymore.

-I can't use the artillery computer or pack the artillery computer. Both actions do not appear on a dedicated server.

#This is both with and without the ACE_Config.sqf

Everything els like transporting,loading and towing works on the dedicated server. And i can go into the Arty and see the fire computer there.

Is there any way you our somebody els can help me with this.

I also checked my .RPT file. I don't know if this is helpfull our even relevant to this. I just include it just incase.

If you like can you take a look at my mission. You would make me a very happy man. Allready thanks for your time.

http://rapidshare.com/files/396329006/Co12_TFA_Desert_Rumble.isladuala.pbo.html

Hi Winchester Delta_1,

There are a few issues with your mission but none related to R3F Artillery and Logistics. The first is your mission has both init.sqf and init.sqs which will cause a conflict, get rid of the init.sqs as it's not used in ARMA2. The second is you have ACEX_PLA in there somewhere and this does not work with the AI Talk Feature (see http://dev-heaven.net/issues/9505 ). I removed the init.sqs file and loaded it on our dedicated server, works fine and I can pick up chairs, tables and use the Artillery CP. Hope that helps mate.

Cheers.

I am trying to set R3F into a local version of F2 Mission for my group, but having no luck getting it to initialize.

I have added R3F to loads of other missions but this one seems to have me beaten. Anyone have any luck with this ?

And is there a possibility that i can get the artillery only working when a guy is carry'ing a ACE Radio. "ACE_PRC119_MAR". Any help on this is welcome. I want to make it that the radio man with that ACE radio can also relay the target coordinates directly to arty pieces.

I hope i'm not asking to much... But i have been working all day implementing scripts and things into this mission. Revive scipt and such..... I'm so close to finally finish a mission. But only the dedicated server problem with the arty is holding me back now. Atleast the waiting lets me finish some details with it.

Greets from Holland.

Try putting this into the init line of the radio pack.

this addAction [("<t color="#dddd00"">" + (localize "STR_R3F_ARTY_action_ouvrir_dlg_SM") + "</t>"), "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\R3F_ARTY\poste_commandement\ouvrir_dlg_saisie_mission.sqf", nil, 6, true, true, "]

---------- Post added at 03:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 AM ----------

Execute the following when and where you want :

YOUR_OBJECT_OR_PLAYER addAction [("<t color=""#dddd00"">" + (localize "STR_R3F_ARTY_action_ouvrir_dlg_SM") + "</t>"), "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\R3F_ARTY\poste_commandement\ouvrir_dlg_saisie_mission.sqf", nil, 6, true, true];

"YOUR_OBJECT_OR_PLAYER" can be the keyword this in the init line of the unit/object/vehicle.

Madbull this worked great for my vehicle but now it wont rearm nearby arty.

Edited by gunterlund21

Hi Winchester Delta_1,

There are a few issues with your mission but none related to R3F Artillery and Logistics. The first is your mission has both init.sqf and init.sqs which will cause a conflict, get rid of the init.sqs as it's not used in ARMA2. The second is you have ACEX_PLA in there somewhere and this does not work with the AI Talk Feature (see http://dev-heaven.net/issues/9505 ). I removed the init.sqs file and loaded it on our dedicated server, works fine and I can pick up chairs, tables and use the Artillery CP. Hope that helps mate.

Cheers.

Thanks for your qucik answer TROMAC. I will test it right away.

But there is one problem. I kind of need that .SQS file. Otherwise my weapons will not respawn. Anybody has some suggestions?

And thansk gunter. I will try that also. But the radio packs are in crates. Need to find a way somehow to put them on the ground.

Yea Im with you. How do you take the sat phone and start the mission with it loaded in a vehicle, then pull it out and have it work.

Hey Tromac... I still have the same issue's with the mission i made. Still can't open the arty computer at the sat phone. And still can't pick up road signs, fuel drums and chairs and tables from our dedicated server. THe weird thing is that the demo mission that comes with the script pack also doesn't work on the dedicated server.

But besides of all above issues i can still TOW the arty and load in ammo crates,sandbags and static weapons etc..

Also PLA is not loaded on my mission. I checked the mission.sqm and i started the mission without the PLA mod. There where no problems there.

I also followed your advice to delete the sqs file. I renamed it and put it into another folder in a inactive state. That didn't help also.

I can't imagine its the server. We running only ACE and never had problems with any missions before.

Where does the handheld device come from .

It's already in ACE. The classname is ACE_DAGR

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

Hey Tromac... I still have the same issue's with the mission i made. Still can't open the arty computer at the sat phone. And still can't pick up road signs, fuel drums and chairs and tables from our dedicated server. THe weird thing is that the demo mission that comes with the script pack also doesn't work on the dedicated server.

But besides of all above issues i can still TOW the arty and load in ammo crates,sandbags and static weapons etc..

Also PLA is not loaded on my mission. I checked the mission.sqm and i started the mission without the PLA mod. There where no problems there.

I also followed your advice to delete the sqs file. I renamed it and put it into another folder in a inactive state. That didn't help also.

I can't imagine its the server. We running only ACE and never had problems with any missions before.

Damn had hoped I'd sorted it for you. Works fine on our dedicated server. Sorry mate that's the most help I can be for you.

I used gunterlund his solution. And now the arty computer works and i can send fire mission orders to the artillery itself.

PS: there is one space to much in your code check it. Here is the fixed code without the extra space inbetween ouvr ir_dlg_saisie_mission.sqf:

this addAction [("<t color="#dddd00"">" + (localize "STR_R3F_ARTY_action_ouvrir_dlg_SM") + "</t>"), "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\R3F_ARTY\poste_commandement\ouvrir_dlg_saisie_mission.sqf", nil, 6, true, true, "]

((Hmmm i noticed that the forums put in the space there itself. When i'm editing the post the code looks fine. But once you save it the space comes there. Atleast for me.)

But now i have the same problem as him. I can onl reload the ammo when i am at the satellite phone. But the problem is i can't move that thing around our load it in a vehicel on our dedicaed server. I try'd to force it by editing the "force command" where you can disable the load and drag options.

Original code to disable the pickup adn drag of the objects: this setVariable ["R3F_LOG_disabled", true]; I made that: this setVariable ["R3F_LOG_enabled", true];

It was just a wild guess that it might work like that.... But i was wrong :)

And about the PLA stuff.. your right. When i load the mission with no PLA mod loaded i can still play it. But it gives me a qucik message that i have a ACE_PLA version mismatch and that ACE_PLA is not loaded. It doesn't cause any problems but i would like to get rid of it. I checked the mission.sqm but no luck there.

Can somebody test this mission for me (Updated!!!!):

http://rapidshare.com/files/396680692/Co12_TFA_Desert_Rumble.isladuala.pbo.html

I plan to make it Team VS Team once i got the arty on dedicated server problem solved and the problem that if i join in progress and the mission was set to night the guy that joins will have daylight.

I am trying to set R3F into a local version of F2 Mission for my group, but having no luck getting it to initialize.

I have added R3F to loads of other missions but this one seems to have me beaten. Anyone have any luck with this ?

I have R3F running in an old version of F2. Make sure you add the code at the beginning of the init and description files.

Also make sure the stringtables file is updated and correct.

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

I used gunterlund his solution. And now the arty computer works and i can send fire mission orders to the artillery itself.

PS: there is one space to much in your code check it. Here is the fixed code without the extra space inbetween ouvr ir_dlg_saisie_mission.sqf:

((Hmmm i noticed that the forums put in the space there itself. When i'm editing the post the code looks fine. But once you save it the space comes there. Atleast for me.)

But now i have the same problem as him. I can onl reload the ammo when i am at the satellite phone. But the problem is i can't move that thing around our load it in a vehicel on our dedicaed server. I try'd to force it by editing the "force command" where you can disable the load and drag options.

Winchester did you copy in the stringtable into your mission file. Its important

It was just a wild guess that it might work like that.... But i was wrong :)

And about the PLA stuff.. your right. When i load the mission with no PLA mod loaded i can still play it. But it gives me a qucik message that i have a ACE_PLA version mismatch and that ACE_PLA is not loaded. It doesn't cause any problems but i would like to get rid of it. I checked the mission.sqm but no luck there.

Can somebody test this mission for me (Updated!!!!):

http://rapidshare.com/files/396680692/Co12_TFA_Desert_Rumble.isladuala.pbo.html

I plan to make it Team VS Team once i got the arty on dedicated server problem solved and the problem that if i join in progress and the mission was set to night the guy that joins will have daylight.

Did you add the Stringtable into the mission folder?

I have R3F running in an old version of F2. Make sure you add the code at the beginning of the init and description files.

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

Yup stringtable is in there.

Gunterland21,

Ref. stringtable, its here where the problem lies. F2 relies on the stringtable.xml for the keys etc. But this interferes with the stringtable.csv from R3F.

I need to merge the two and produce a xml version of the R3F stringtable, but have failed so far to find the right coding, any idea ?

Gunterland21,

Ref. stringtable, its here where the problem lies. F2 relies on the stringtable.xml for the keys etc. But this interferes with the stringtable.csv from R3F.

I need to merge the two and produce a xml version of the R3F stringtable, but have failed so far to find the right coding, any idea ?

I actually use an old version of F2. they make too many changes and dont need all the extras so I stick with what worked for me before.

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 AM ----------

It will be back soon :)

Glad to hear this BeTeP. We use this all the time and this one lagging issue has brought us to a halt on some mission making. Its just the best program out there and cant wait to see how it gets enhanced.

Hey dudes,

Yes, I'm still alive and kicking.

Sorry for this late answer but I was busied.

@tromac (and spirit6) :

Thanks for your manuals. I added them into the first post.

@VanhA-ICON :

Not all the coordinates system of the islands are yet supporter. Especially for island which haven't a latitude positive to the north and a longitude positive to the east as Chernarus is.

I'll try to handle that in future versions but the config class of Island have some strange parts/behaviors.

But it appears that some guys are able to make it working on Duala. Check your installation and configuration (especially about the fire solution accuracy).

@Winchester Delta_1 and gunterlund21 :

To add the ability to a vehicle to reload arty guns and mortars :

Locate the following ligne in R3F_ARTY\piece\recharger_piece.sqf :

if (count nearestObjects [_piece, ["SatPhone"], 100] > 0) then

Edit it like that :

if (count nearestObjects [_piece, ["SatPhone", "MY_VEHICLE_CLASSNAME1", "MY_VEHICLE_CLASSNAME2"], 100] > 0) then

@UGLY58 :

The XML and CSV stringtable non-compatibility where discussed in this thread. Make a search with the "stringtable" keyworkd.

You have to export the ARTY stringtable to the XML format and the F2 stringtable to the CSV format.

I hope I missed no question. If it's case re-ask it ;)

thanks Madbull. Now if I want to make is so a soldier has to carry a prc_119 to do arty how would I set that. I dont know how to initialize the backpack lets say If its in a vehicle at the beginning of the mission.

Madbull,

Thanks but the links are broken for the strintablefix.rar

The csv to xml didn`t work for me. I found another converter and will try that method.

Thanks

Thanks Madbull, appreciate you putting the document link on the first page.

Now a question for anyone. One of our newest members was talking about a script which allows AI gunners to mimic the elevation and bearing of a human gunner. Does anyone know of this and where I might find it?