Sign in to follow this  
madbull

[R3F] Artillery and Logistic: Manual artillery and advanced logistic (mission script)

@murtoo :

It seems that you got a problem with the stringtable.csv.

Read the spoiler box of the message : http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1558568&postcount=133

It should help you.

@Alderman :

Okay about the grid subdivision. The (0;0) subdivision is at the top-left corner. This is due to the axis orientations. I'll add a note about that in the help in the interface.

> "but after moving the FDC out into the field it was able to take damage"

I never succeed to damage the SatPhone. Do you ? But yes, your handledamage makes it undestructible (if not yet).

You can also use the allowDamage command which is lighter for the computer and simpler to set up.

Excuse the simple question but how do I determine the Island Height fo Isla Duala so I can use this script and change the config.sqf?

@Alderman :

Ok, I will test that. I probably make the SatPhone indestructible and/or unmoveable from his table in the next version.

I'll also add a note in this help about the (0;0) area in a square of 100m².

(TODO list updated)

Thx BearBison. Yes : use the "search in this topic" feature :p But no problem.

@vengeance1 see madbulls earlier post http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1552695&postcount=47

Search is your friend :)

The height for Duala is 10240 as referenced in it's release thread and from my own version of Domination that includes this great mod without issue.

Thanks for the info, understand Search thanks, Used It, in this thread found nothing, perhaps searched the wrong text.

@vengeance1 see madbulls earlier post http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1552695&postcount=47

Search is your friend :)

The height for Duala is 10240 as referenced in it's release thread and from my own version of Domination that includes this great mod without issue.

Hi BearBison,

Where may one find your version of Isla Duala Dom including the R3F scripts?

at the moment it is only available from our server as still ironing out some bugs and making some more changes, once we are happy with it it will be released fully but feel free to grab the latest version from our server.

Hello!

First of all: thank you for the great script! I've been testing it for some time and I really enjoy it. But there's few things I'd like to suggest. Excuse me if someone already pointed that, but search turned out no results. So, here it goes:

Computer Suggestion #1

As far as I know terms "Longtitude" and "Latitude" are used for coordinates, not for grid reference, and ArmA is using grids. For grids it's called "Northing" and "Easting", correct me if I'm wrong.

Computer Suggestion #2

I beg you, remove right side of computer (the help panel). It's ruining my immersion. At least there should be an option to remove it easily.

Map position ACE bug

In vanilla ArmA2 northings (I mean values on the sides of the map) were read from bottom to top, which is not how we do it in real life. In ACE it's fixed, we're reading them from top to bottom, but this caused 100m shift in all values. With this said, northing 040 in vanilla will be 039 in ACE. Now where's the problem? When using either map clicking or input method for target area in ACE, it's still using vanilla game reference. Example: I'm opening the map and selecting grid 0365 0405, but the computer is reading it as 0365 0415. So, using this script along the ACE2 makes us shift fire 100m each time. I think that's serious problem, or do I get it wrong?

Again, thanks for good work!

Also, can someone upload tables for different types of ammo for M119 and M252? I mean default WP, SMOKE, and COPPERHEAD? I'd be very grateful ;)

edit: Sorry for being retarded, I just read through this thread again and found that BIS arty rounds are not working :(

Edited by Vynaratorski

you can try my version of dom duala it requires ace and includes r3f and mando missles script, keep in mind mando missles script seems to conflict with the addon im not sure if its when the server has it enabled or the client

http://www.filefront.com/15588157/%7BOp4%7D_Dom_Duala_3.isladuala.rar

on a side note r3f the only problem i noticed was i lost my ability to create personal waypoints and it would be nice if we had the option to turn off the helicopter lifting or maybe there is one...

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

i found the arty to be deadly accurate even with ace and on duala, possibly a bit op but very realistic.......

you can try my version of dom duala it requires ace and includes r3f and mando missles script, keep in mind mando missles script seems to conflict with the addon im not sure if its when the server has it enabled or the client

on a side note r3f the only problem i noticed was i lost my ability to create personal waypoints and it would be nice if we had the option to turn off the helicopter lifting or maybe there is one...

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

i found the arty to be deadly accurate even with ace and on duala, possibly a bit op but very realistic.......

To turn off the helicopter lifting edit the logistics config. We did that since ACE has the better rav lifter anyway.

I hav noticed a "bug" during MP with moving objects. If one player moves objects, others will lose that ability. It happened a few times. Is this a bug or something in setting?

Otherwise a great script!

Nice Job!

One more important thing: there should be an option to lock vertical or horizontal movement, so when you have elevation set you can lock it, and focus on azimuth. That'd be sweet.

One more important thing: there should be an option to lock vertical or horizontal movement, so when you have elevation set you can lock it, and focus on azimuth. That'd be sweet.

This could be very helpful, but I still think having that interface to adjust your azimuth and elevation per degree would be a better feature.

I answer a bit late because I'm very busy.

@=7Cav=Vynaratorski :

> "For grids it's called "Northing" and "Easting""

You're maybe right. I'll study this question.

> "remove right side of computer (the help panel) ... At least there should be an option to remove it easily."

I'll see if it can be done easily/nicely.

> "Map position ACE bug"

I'll check that. I think it's more linked to the island than ACE2 itself but not sure. I was trying to autodetect the island height and other properties of the coordinates system from the config file of the island. But it seems to behave quite weirdly.

The ultimate goal is to be compatible (automatically if possible) with all kind of island coordinates system.

> "BIS arty rounds are not working"

This is another task planed : add the BIS' arty special ammo or make new ones doing appx the same things.

@{Op4}Bsilenced :

> "mando missles script seems to conflict with the addon"

By "addon", do you mean "R3F arty & log" ? Please give me some additionnal informations about this conflict. The "R3F arty & log" normally doesn't conflict with other systems.

> "i lost my ability to create personal waypoints"

It's surprising. What do you mean by "personal waypoints" ? The "R3F arty & log" normally doesn't conflict with other systems (again).

> "option to turn off the helicopter lifting"

As Alderman said, you can do it by editing the config.sqf of the R3F_LOG part. Set the configuration variable "R3F_LOG_CFG_heliporteurs" to an empty array :

R3F_LOG_CFG_heliporteurs = [];

It will be disable the lift feature of the R3F log system for all helicopter.

> "i found the arty to be deadly accurate"

The shell accuracy is the default accuracy provided by ArmA 2 or the addon. The accuracy of the ballistic calculations can be modified via the configuration variable "R3F_ARTY_CFG_precision" in the config.sqf of R3F_ARTY (default 1.75 meters).

@CaptainBravo :

> "If one player moves objects, others will lose that ability."

If the first player is still carrying the objet, it's normal (you can't take the object while another one is carrying it). But if the object was released and other players can't carry the object, there is a problem.

If you think there is a bug, please give some additional informations about it.

@Alderman & Vynaratorski :

> "there should be an option to lock vertical or horizontal movement"

> "adjust your azimuth and elevation per degree"

I'm doing my best to add this kind of feature. This is already in the TODO list ;)

Thanks all for your feedback.

heya madbull i meant the mando missile script i added conflicts with the addon version of mando, sorry about the misunderstanding, its not even on topic here...

with the loss of waypoints i shouldnt have even said anything yet because i added both this script and mando at the same time and it could be mando doing it..

so that setting your talking about it changes the dispersion or the accuracy? dont even answer this because ill go play with it...

Roger Bsilenced. No problem ;)

> "dispersion or the accuracy?"

The "R3F_ARTY_CFG_precision" config variable changes the accuracy of the fire solution, not the accuracy of the shell in the virtual physical world.

It means that if the computer find a fire solution with an impact location around "R3F_ARTY_CFG_precision" meters of the target, the fire solution will be accepted and displayed. Otherwise the system will compute another fire solution (i.e. another elevation) to impact closer of the target.

The best way to artificially decrease the accuracy is to input a number greater than zero in the "dispersion" field in the arty computer interface. Because the impact location will be choosed at a random position in a circle of the specified center (target) and radius (dispersion).

Edited by madbull

heya madbull i meant the mando missile script i added conflicts with the addon version of mando

???

What unknown and non-recorded conflict are you talking about?

???

What unknown and non-recorded conflict are you talking about?

Hmmmm I never had one, yet.

Hey Madbull, it should be easting and southing now as I explained earlier that the grid system on chernarus is reversed per the lines of latitude. Normally yes, you would no easting then northing, but not the case things to BIS.

I answer a bit late because I'm very busy.

@CaptainBravo :

> "If one player moves objects, others will lose that ability."

If the first player is still carrying the objet, it's normal (you can't take the object while another one is carrying it). But if the object was released and other players can't carry the object, there is a problem.

If you think there is a bug, please give some additional informations about it.

Thanks all for your feedback.

Thank you for your response back. When I say the weapons move only works for one player: example: in MP game we had had 3 human players in different parts of the map. They have static weapons they want to load in trucks. Only one can. The other 2 will were not able to load/move weapons even though they are far away and loading different weapons n different trucks. It is like the game will only recognize only one player.

I hope that explains the bug I mentioned.

@Alderman :

Ok. I'll see what is the best to do.

@CaptainBravo :

That's very strange. Could you send me the mission file via a private message ? So I'll be able to reproduce or find the problem.

Does the mission need an addon or use another script system ?

The best thing would to go with the way BIS did it since it would just throw things off. I just wanted to recommend you explain doing easting and then southing (reading right then down) instead of right and up.