Sign in to follow this  
massi

US Army Rangers retextured units

Hey mate,

Just wondering what weapons you used in your screenshots and were to get them?

Loving your Units by the way!!!!

Hey mate,

Just wondering what weapons you used in your screenshots and were to get them?

Loving your Units by the way!!!!

these are ACEX weapons, using ACE optional configs for my units, they will automatically use ACEX weapons, instead of standard ones.

Anyway I'm going to update my US Ranger pack very soon (replacements and ACEX config included, as I've just done with my US SF) :)

cheers

massi

US ARMY RANGER for ArmA2

by massi

Hi all,

I’ve updated my US Army Rangers to version 1.04. FINAL ARMA2 ONLY VERSION

As for my US Army Special Forces , I’m updating the Ranger pack with new ACU textures .

In this pack you’ll find also updated ACE optional config, that enable ACEX voice module, and updated replacement for vanilla USMC units and ACEX US Army units too.

The Units will be found in the editor under BLUFOR >> US Army Ranger,(same for the groups), sorted by the different camouflage of the uniforms and gear:

- US Army Rangers (ACU): wearing ACU uniform.

- US Army Rangers (Multicam): wearing multicam uniform.

- US Army Rangers (Woodland): wearing woodland BDU uniform.

- US Army Rangers (Desert): wearing 3 colors desert DCU uniform.

As always please report feedback, advices, problems or any ideas… I’ll be happy to keep working and improving the pack…thanks to all of you for the support and appreciation you gave me!

Changelog v.1.04:

v1.04 date 29/Apr/2010

-Totally redone ACU textures.

-Updated some other textures.

-Updated ACE optional configs (enabled ACEX voices) and vanilla replacement.

-Added ACEX replacement that replace ACEX US Army units and SF, with my Rangers and SF.

Installation.

Put the addons in the "mod folder" of your preference, you will find the units in the editor under:

Bluefor - US Army Rangers (sorted by different camos and gear)

you'll find groups also under:

Bluefor - US Army Army Rangers (as above).

ACE2 files Installation.

- file: "mas_usa_rang_ACE2_cfg_repl.pbo"

You can use the OPTIONAL ACE2 CONFIG that you'll find in the "ACE2 config" folder that replace ranger weapons with the ACEX ones, and add some of the great ACE2 stuff (like gasmask, balaclavas, ecc...), this way my ranger classes will be automatically replaced.

- file: "mas_usa_rang_ACE2_new_cfg.pbo"

If you have problems using the previous file, look inside "ACE2 congif >>> backup ACE config (new classes) " : there you'll find another replacement file that instead of overwriting my ranger classes, create new ones ( BLUFOR>>> US Army Ranger ACE) using ACEX weapons and equipment (same as above).

IF YOU WANNA USE THOSE FILES ACEX IS REQUIRED.

both files are SIGNED, choose the best solution for you, BUT REMEMBER TO USE ONLY ONE AT A TIME!!!

Only if you want to use “Vanilla†or “ACE†unit’s replacements you’ll need my US Army Special Forces too.

Bugs.

Tested both in vanilla game and in ACE2, everithing is working well, without any errors in RPT or sort of problems.

Thanks.

Thanks to BI for the great game and to all the community for their great support and addons!

Thanks to all the people that enjoied the units and supported me in all the different forums!

Download Links to version v. 1.04:

Mediafire:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/dncglunhtm2/US_Army _Ranger_v1.04.7z

Thank You all… hope you’ll like them!!!

Cheers

massi

Edited by massi

Thx for informing us about the new version! :thumbsup:

ArmedAssault.info Mirror and News:

2407955.gif

We have also added this release to your personal author profile

If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.

Edited by Imutep

massi, thank you for your work!

The BIS heavy gunner and corpsman are not replaced though. The ACE versions are...

Also, it would be really cool if you could have the ACE desert units replaced with your desert camo...

Hi,

First of all thankYou very much to Foxhound and Imutep for the mirrors...really appreciate ;) !!!

massi, thank you for your work!

The BIS heavy gunner and corpsman are not replaced though. The ACE versions are...

Also, it would be really cool if you could have the ACE desert units replaced with your desert camo...

Thanks Doolittle :)

Well, the replacements are divided for this reason:

- Vanilla : replace all USMC units ingame (without ACE).

-ACE: replace only ACEX US Army units with my models, I did that way because I tough it will be more realistic to replace Army units with Army models , and left untouched the USMC (same for desert USMC).

Anyway with ACE you have to use ACE replacement, because the vanilla one do not replace some units, such as medic, SAW and MG (dunno why?).

For this reason I added ACE replacement too in this version, so you can replace units also in ACE :).

Hope I could help you ;)

cheers

massi

Edited by massi

Post deleted.

Edited by Laqueesha

massi, yes that's what we're doing. We've got regular BIS and ACE replaced... it's a special treat because the unit is 7th Ranger Battalion :o This gives our users a great way to play and see new units while still allowing pubbers to join without the addon.

Hey Massi!

Long time no hear about your Ranger and SF guys. Now that new ACE 2 inventory (SCARs, M3 MAAWS) do you in any plan to update your ACE 2 version config? Also with OA out, do you intend to make reskins for its models?

Hey Massi!

Long time no hear about your Ranger and SF guys. Now that new ACE 2 inventory (SCARs, M3 MAAWS) do you in any plan to update your ACE 2 version config? Also with OA out, do you intend to make reskins for its models?

yes of course ;) !!!

I'm going to release an updated version of my US and Italian Special Operation forces as soon as I've the time to complete them (with OA models and new weapons available ... with Ace2 configs too) :)

unfortunately it will take some more time... but don't worry I'll keep working on them ;)

cheers...and thanks a lot for thr interest!

massi

massi, I'm having some trouble installing this unit. Can you tell me which of these configurations are correct?

4764249865_6d9dd51914_b.jpg

dedicated folder??

4764249753_c99399e8e3_b.jpg

ACEX folder?? or maybe it should be in the @ACE folder?

i usually put the addons in a common dedicated modfolder, and itworks for me , but I don't use a mod lancher, so I don't know how to add them with this tool .

So basically have it set like the first picture?

edit: figured it out...great job!

Edited by schaefferbmw