Sign in to follow this  
massi

US Army Special Forces retexture

US ARMY SPECIAL FORCES for ArmA2

by massi

Hi all,

I’ve updated my US Army Special Forces to version 1.05. FINAL ARMA2 ONLY VERSION

This should be the last update (unitll OA off course ) , in this update I’ll redone the ACU textures , and added the new ACEX optional configs, in order to include the ACEX speaking module.

I’ve also added a new set fo replacements, that allow the player to replace the ACEX US Army Special Forces units, with the preferred camouflage.

The Units will be found in the editor under BLUFOR >> US Army Special Forces,(same for the groups), sorted by the different camouflage of the uniforms and gear:

- SF Light Gear ODA (ACU): wearing ACU uniform.

- SF Light Gear ODA (Multicam): wearing multicam uniform.

- SF Light Gear ODA (Woodland): wearing woodland BDU uniform.

- SF Light Gear ODA (Desert): wearing 3 colors desert DCU uniform.

- SF Heavy Gear ODA (ACU): wearing ACU uniform.

- SF Heavy Gear ODA (Multicam): wearing multicam uniform.

- SF Heavy Gear ODA (Woodland): wearing woodland BDU uniform.

- SF Heavy Gear ODA (Desert): wearing 3 colors desert DCU uniform.

- SF "ghillie" recon\snipers : wearing desert or woodland ghillie suite.

As always please report feedback, advices, problems or any ideas… I’ll be happy to keep working and improving the pack…thanks to all of you for the support and appreciation you gave me!

Changelog v.1.05:

v1.05 date 25/Apr/2010

-Totally redone ACU textures.

-Fixed some others textures.

-Update ACEX optional configs (enabled ACEX voices module).

-Added ACEX US Army SF replacements.

Installation.

Put the addons in the "mod folder" of your preference, you will find the units in the editor under:

Bluefor - US Army Special Forces (sorted by different camos and gear)

you'll find groups also under:

Bluefor - US Army Army Special Forces (as above).

ACE2 files Installation.

- file: "mas_usa_spec_ACE2_cfg_repl.pbo"

You can use the OPTIONAL ACE2 CONFIG that you'll find in the "ACE2 config" folder that replace SF weapons with the ACEX ones, and add some of the great ACE2 stuff (like gasmask, balaclavas, ecc...), this way my SF classes will be automatically replaced.

- file: "mas_usa_spec_ACE2_new_cfg.pbo"

If you have problems using the previous file, look inside "ACE2 congif >>> backup ACE config (new classes) " : there you'll find another replacement file that instead of overwriting my SF classes, create new ones ( BLUFOR>>> US Army Special Forces ACE) using ACEX weapons and equipment (same as above).

IF YOU WANNA USE THOSE FILES ACEX IS REQUIRED.

both files are SIGNED, choose the best solution for you, BUT REMEMBER TO USE ONLY ONE AT A TIME!!!

Replacement files Installation.

In the folder "replacement files" you'll find 4 replacement file, all SIGNED , for each camos.

Just choose the one you prefer and it'll replace standard BI force recon models with the SF ones in your preferred camo.

Same things for ACE2 SF units replacements.

Using the replacement of your choice , it'll replace ACEX US Army SF models with the camouflage you choosed.

AS SAID ABOVE USE ONLY ONE AT A TIME !!!

Bugs.

Tested both in vanilla game and in ACE2, everithing is working well, without any errors in RPT or sort of problems.

Thanks.

Thanks to BI for the great game and to all the community for their great support and addons!

Thanks to all the people that enjoied the units and supported me in all the different forums!

Download Links to version v. 1.05:

Mediafire:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/m5rdkcomznl/US_Army _Special Forces_v1.05.7z

Thank You all… hope you’ll like them!!!

Cheers

massi

Edited by massi

Thanks for this mate!

BTW is this kinda a replacement of textures? I mean can I use it in orig. campaign?

thanks,

It's not a replacement, is a new addon, if you want to use them in the campaign you have to make a replacement config addon for them.

cheers

massi

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

...just to be more clear,

when you put them in your modfolder you'll find them in the editor under BLUFOR>>US Army Special Forces, both for the units and for the groups.

I don't know if I'll make in the future an optional "replacemant config" that can replace the standard USMC force recon in game,will see...for now is just an addon :)

hope you'll like it anyways :)

cheers

massi

They look good but maybe you could raise your graphics settings when taking screenshots, the current ones look blurry and probably don't reflect the real amount of work and detail you put into the mod.

thank to all, and for the mirrors.

As requested I'm uploading a couple of "sliglty better" screens of the units.

Untill my new PC arrives is the best I can do, but as soon as new machine arrives I'll post better screens ...promise!

and...

Edited by massi

...more woodland:

finally...

Edited by massi

...US SF in multicam:

As said better screens will follow...soon hopefully

hope you'like them

cheers

massi

Edited by massi

Mate...

Loving the new units, multicam works lovely on Razani :D.

The only thing I can think of to 'vary' the units alittle more would be to include a version with ACE weapons. I'm thinking along the lines of 'SF guys' with 'SF weapons'. For example ACE has the m240 with elcan etc.

Not sure if someones already mentioned this, but its just an idea I'd love to see implemented :)

Thanks for the hard work !

Mate...

Loving the new units, multicam works lovely on Razani :D.

The only thing I can think of to 'vary' the units alittle more would be to include a version with ACE weapons. I'm thinking along the lines of 'SF guys' with 'SF weapons'. For example ACE has the m240 with elcan etc.

Not sure if someones already mentioned this, but its just an idea I'd love to see implemented :)

Thanks for the hard work !

you're absolutely right...

i'll do an optional config ACE2 dedicated for those units in the near future....right now I'm working on another project :)

But surely I'll do that...thank you very much for the idea !

cheers

massi

Thank you for taking the idea on board, looking forward to seeing how you 'pimp my SF' LOL

Another project eh ? Sounds intriguing .... :D

Hi all,

I’ve updated my US Army Special Forces pack to version 1.01.

I’ve totally reworked the ACU, Multicam and Woodland texture, hope they’re better now !

For gameplay and realism reasons I modified some units gear , and I’ve totally redone the groups in order to upgrade and improve the selection in the editor, giving them different capability and specializzations, the Team Leader has now also a medic capability, in order to keep a good game balance.

As in previous version you will find in the editor the Ranger units sorted by:

- SF ODA (ACU): wearing ACU uniform.
- SF ODA (Multicam): wearing multicam uniform.
- SF ODA (Woodland): wearing woodland BDU uniform.
- SF ODA (Desert): wearing 3 colors desert DCU uniform.

Installation.

Put the addons in the "mod folder" of your preference, you will find the units in the editor under: Bluefor - US Army Special Forces (sorted by different camos) you'll find groups also under: Bluefor - US Army Special Forces (same way).

Changelog.

v1.01 date 19/Feb/2010

-Totally redone ACU , Multicam and Woodland textures.

-Updated other textures.

-team leader has now medical ability for better gameplay.

-Totally redone groups organization for better gameplay.

Bugs.

Tested both in vanilla game and in ACE2, everithing is working well, without any errors in RPT or sort of problems.

Thanks.

Thanks to BI for the great game and to all the community for their great support and addons!

Thanks to all the people that enjoied the units and supported me in all the different forums!

Hope you'll enjoy these units even more !

As always I’m waiting for feedback, advices, comments and problems!

Download Links:

Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ug4dzjdznyn/US_Army _Special Forces_v1.01.7z

Filefront: http://www.filefront.com/15625923/US_Army%20_Special%20Forces_v1.01.7z

Thankyou All, hope you’ll like and enjoy them !

Cheers

Massi

Edited by massi

Nice too see you, their Update your Units. The ACU and the Multicam units looks really Good !!!

Keep it up, your Work. ;)

After playing a bit with these units all i can say is :eek: ...

Thanks massi, now we have Army SF that really fit every environment !

arma2569v.jpg arma9od55.jpg arma4oh9b.jpg

Edited by Wiggum

Hi all,

I’ve done a “major†update to my US Army Special Forces to version 1.02.

This time I've added also the BI Heavy gear's models, in order to choose wich kind of asset you want to play with, depending on mission !

That's mean you can choose for every class (rifleman, team leader, medic, AA, AT, ecc...) to use the "light" or the "heavy" gear version , and you can choose also in which camo you want the units (ACU, multicam, desert or woodland)...in order to offer the larger opportunity of choiche possible!

The Units will be found in the editor under BLUFOR >> US Army Special Forces,(same for the groups), sorted by the different camouflage of the uniforms and gear:

- SF Light Gear ODA (ACU): wearing ACU uniform.

- SF Light Gear ODA (Multicam): wearing multicam uniform.

- SF Light Gear ODA (Woodland): wearing woodland BDU uniform.

- SF Light Gear ODA (Desert): wearing 3 colors desert DCU uniform.

- SF Heavy Gear ODA (ACU): wearing ACU uniform.

- SF Heavy Gear ODA (Multicam): wearing multicam uniform.

- SF Heavy Gear ODA (Woodland): wearing woodland BDU uniform.

- SF Heavy Gear ODA (Desert): wearing 3 colors desert DCU uniform.

- SF "ghillie" recon\snipers : wearing desert or woodland ghillie suite.

As always please report feedback, advices, problems or any ideas… I’ll be happy to keep working and improving the pack…thanks to all of you for the support and appreciation you gave me!

Changelog v.1.02:

v1.02 date 12/Mar/2010

-Added new "Heavy Gear" classes in ACU,"multicam",desert and woodland uniforms (retextured BI Assault rifleman and grenadier Force Recon).

-Added "ghillie" snipers\recon units and team for woodland and desert environment.

-Added basic rifleman , granadier and disarmed unit class for all the unit's classes.

-Added balanced groups in the editor for all the classes.

-Added ACE2 OPTIONAL Config files: this files replace US SF gear and weapons with the ACEX ones, USE ONLY ONE REPLACEMENT AT A TIME (REQUIRE ACEX)!!!.

-Added 4 replacement file: you can chhose to replace standard BI Force Recon models with ACU, multicam, woodland or desert Special Forces ones...REMEMBER TO USE ONLY ONE REPLACEMENT FILE AT A TIME!!!

-Fixed\Improved some textures.

Installation.

Put the addons in the "mod folder" of your preference, you will find the units in the editor under:

Bluefor - US Army Special Forces (sorted by different camos and gear)

you'll find groups also under:

Bluefor - US Army Army Special Forces (as above).

ACE2 files Installation.

- file: "mas_usa_spec_ACE2_cfg_repl.pbo"

You can use the OPTIONAL ACE2 CONFIG that you'll find in the "ACE2 config" folder that replace SF weapons with the ACEX ones, and add some of the great ACE2 stuff (like gasmask, balaclavas, ecc...), this way my SF classes will be automatically replaced.

- file: "mas_usa_spec_ACE2_new_cfg.pbo"

If you have problems using the previous file, look inside "ACE2 congif >>> backup ACE config (new classes) " : there you'll find another replacement file that instead of overwriting my SF classes, create new ones ( BLUFOR>>> US Army Special Forces ACE) using ACEX weapons and equipment (same as above).

IF YOU WANNA USE THOSE FILES ACEX IS REQUIRED.

both files are SIGNED, choose the best solution for you, BUT REMEMBER TO USE ONLY ONE AT A TIME!!!

Replacement files Installation.

In the folder "replacement files" you'll find 4 replacement file, all SIGNED , for each camos.

Just choose the one you prefer and it'll replace standard BI force recon models with the SF ones in your preferred camo.

AS SAID ABOVE USE ONLY ONE AT A TIME !!!

Bugs.

Thanks.

Download Links to version v. 1.02:

Mediafire:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/mfytnhmgtlt/US_Army _Special Forces_v1.02.7z

Filefront:

http://www.filefront.com/15813783/US_Army%20_Special%20Forces_v1.02.7z

Edited by massi

Thank You all… hope you’ll like them!!!

Cheers

massi

Edited by massi

Mate... You RULE !!

Thanks so much for these, what a cool update just intime for the weekend too huh ;)

PS.

Just wet myself reading down the feature list and looking at the new screenshots...WOW

Edited by Mark XIII
Pee Pee

Looks nice but the woodland pattern is scaled too big on the pants.

STGN

Thanks a lot guys :)

Looks nice but the woodland pattern is scaled too big on the pants.

STGN

I'll try to find better woodland reference (as i used the same for torso and legs), maybe there were too big spots.

...and it was to add a bit of difference from the original BI woodland too ;)

Thanks again ,

cheers

massi

Edited by massi