Sign in to follow this  
massi

US Army Rangers retextured units

it would be cool if your SF guys were in ACEX massi. some nice US special forces would fit in perfectly :)

Well I'll be of course happy ;)

Anyway I just made a retexture , and I'm happy to see so much people like them :)

as I said I'll work on a replacement pack for basic BI Spec Ops using both my ranger and Sf guys , if I'll be able to do an ACE config I'll do that too... no promise I'll look into it ;)

cheers

massi

one little thing: could you remove the "m" from units display names (when you mouse over them)?

It's fine having that as a tag when they're in the editor, but it seems strange in game. For example when you're used to mousing over a unit and seeing "Rifleman", but instead see "m 18z etc etc" it looks a little funny.

Just a suggestion..

Thanks a lot...

I'll make an update also for those guys, and I'll add an ACE 2 confing for them too ;)

cheers

massi

Is there any chance of adding some standerd classes like rifleman or grenider??

Yes off course is part of the update:) :

- general textures update

- adding basic rifleman , granadier and disarmed units

- adding ACE2 config

- maybe a replacement for force recon ?

cheers

massi

Hello massi!

I really like your rangers - the details are very nice. But i got one problem, regardless what uniform type i choose:

Everytime i use the rangers and the SMAW-Operator gets shot i got an error popping up "no entry bin\config.bin/weapons.cfg". The same for the soldier with the M136.

Could it be that the config of the used weapons (SMAW/M136) in ACE2 have changed and your units still use the old ones or something like that?

Hello massi!

I really like your rangers - the details are very nice. But i got one problem, regardless what uniform type i choose:

Everytime i use the rangers and the SMAW-Operator gets shot i got an error popping up "no entry bin\config.bin/weapons.cfg". The same for the soldier with the M136.

Could it be that the config of the used weapons (SMAW/M136) in ACE2 have changed and your units still use the old ones or something like that?

HI MadMike,

really don't know...never happened to me during testing , also in ACE2.

I think this is not due to my addon, as I'm using standard BI weapons.

Anyway tomorrow I'll release a newer version with an optional ACE2 config too, try with that one if you're using ACE2 :)

cheers

massi

Hi all,

I’ve updated my US Army Rangers to version 1.02.

In this version I’ve included an OPTIONAL ACE2 config, that replace standar rangers gear with ACEX one, and fixed \updated the old textures.

You’ll find also basic classes like rifleman, grenadier, disarmed unit for all the camos.

The Units will be found in the editor under BLUFOR >> US Army Ranger,(same for the groups), sorted by the different camouflage of the uniforms and gear:

- US Army Rangers (ACU): wearing ACU uniform.

- US Army Rangers (Multicam): wearing multicam uniform.

- US Army Rangers (Woodland): wearing woodland BDU uniform.

- US Army Rangers (Desert): wearing 3 colors desert DCU uniform.

As always please report feedback, advices, problems or any ideas… I’ll be happy to keep working and improving the pack…thanks to all of you for the support and appreciation you gave me!

Changelog v.1.02:

v1.02 date 20/Mar/2010

-Added basic rifleman, grenadier, disarmed unit classes.

-Added ACE2 OPTIONAL Config files: this files replace US ranger gear and weapons with the ACEX ones, USE ONLY ONE REPLACEMENT AT A TIME (REQUIRE ACEX)!!!.

-Fixed\updated the textures.

Installation.

Put the addons in the "mod folder" of your preference, you will find the units in the editor under:

Bluefor - US Army Rangers (sorted by different camos and gear)

you'll find groups also under:

Bluefor - US Army Army Rangers (as above).

ACE2 files Installation.

- file: "mas_usa_rang_ACE2_cfg_repl.pbo"

You can use the OPTIONAL ACE2 CONFIG that you'll find in the "ACE2 config" folder that replace ranger weapons with the ACEX ones, and add some of the great ACE2 stuff (like gasmask, balaclavas, ecc...), this way my ranger classes will be automatically replaced.

- file: "mas_usa_rang_ACE2_new_cfg.pbo"

If you have problems using the previous file, look inside "ACE2 congif >>> backup ACE config (new classes) " : there you'll find another replacement file that instead of overwriting my ranger classes, create new ones ( BLUFOR>>> US Army Ranger ACE) using ACEX weapons and equipment (same as above).

IF YOU WANNA USE THOSE FILES ACEX IS REQUIRED.

both files are SIGNED, choose the best solution for you, BUT REMEMBER TO USE ONLY ONE AT A TIME!!!

Bugs.

Tested both in vanilla game and in ACE2, everithing is working well, without any errors in RPT or sort of problems.

Thanks.

Thanks to BI for the great game and to all the community for their great support and addons!

Thanks to all the people that enjoied the units and supported me in all the different forums!

Download Links to version v. 1.02:

Mediafire:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/im2mj2ydnym/US_Army _Ranger_v1.02.7z

Filefront:

http://www.filefront.com/15876303/US_Army%20_Ranger_v1.02.7z

Edited by massi

Thank You all… hope you’ll like them!!!

Cheers

massi

Edited by massi

1 and 2nd photo: attack of the clones!! :D but seriously awesome units!

Oh ... I did not noticed that ;)

thanks a lot to all of you guys for the nice comments and the mirror :)

cheers

massi

Hi all,

I’ve updated my US Army Rangers to version 1.03.

As said releasing my US Army Special Forces , I’m updating the Ranger pack too .

In this version I’ve included a new multicam textures, that blend better in different environments and get closer to RL one, and I’ve added also ACU and multicam combat shirt textures, to add little variety to the pack.

The Units will be found in the editor under BLUFOR >> US Army Ranger,(same for the groups), sorted by the different camouflage of the uniforms and gear:

- US Army Rangers (ACU): wearing ACU uniform.

- US Army Rangers (Multicam): wearing multicam uniform.

- US Army Rangers (Woodland): wearing woodland BDU uniform.

- US Army Rangers (Desert): wearing 3 colors desert DCU uniform.

As always please report feedback, advices, problems or any ideas… I’ll be happy to keep working and improving the pack…thanks to all of you for the support and appreciation you gave me!

Changelog v.1.03:

v1.03 date 02/Apr/2010

-Totally redone multicam textures.

-Added ACU and multicam combat shirts textures.

Installation.

Put the addons in the "mod folder" of your preference, you will find the units in the editor under:

Bluefor - US Army Rangers (sorted by different camos and gear)

you'll find groups also under:

Bluefor - US Army Army Rangers (as above).

ACE2 files Installation.

- file: "mas_usa_rang_ACE2_cfg_repl.pbo"

You can use the OPTIONAL ACE2 CONFIG that you'll find in the "ACE2 config" folder that replace ranger weapons with the ACEX ones, and add some of the great ACE2 stuff (like gasmask, balaclavas, ecc...), this way my ranger classes will be automatically replaced.

- file: "mas_usa_rang_ACE2_new_cfg.pbo"

If you have problems using the previous file, look inside "ACE2 congif >>> backup ACE config (new classes) " : there you'll find another replacement file that instead of overwriting my ranger classes, create new ones ( BLUFOR>>> US Army Ranger ACE) using ACEX weapons and equipment (same as above).

IF YOU WANNA USE THOSE FILES ACEX IS REQUIRED.

both files are SIGNED, choose the best solution for you, BUT REMEMBER TO USE ONLY ONE AT A TIME!!!

Bugs.

Tested both in vanilla game and in ACE2, everithing is working well, without any errors in RPT or sort of problems.

Thanks.

Thanks to BI for the great game and to all the community for their great support and addons!

Thanks to all the people that enjoied the units and supported me in all the different forums!

Download Links to version v. 1.03:

Mediafire:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/j1iiymtwdov/US_Army _Ranger_v1.03.7z

Filefront:

http://www.filefront.com/15994991/US_Army%20_Ranger_v1.03.7z

Thank You all… hope you’ll like them!!!

Cheers

massi

Edited by massi

thanks for the mirror ;)

cheers

massi

For those of us that don't use ACE this is Awesome work!! Well Done! :)

First, I love using the Rangers you released. Great work.

Is the multicam on this new release the same as the u.s army special forces that you just released? I can't tell from the pics.

I noticed the multicam on them is different than the ones on the last ranger update. The older one is more of a brown kind of color and the ones on the spec forces are more green.

I thought the last one looked the best, i thought it looked the best out of all the other mods and looked like the real one, at least i thought.

If this new update is the spec forces multicam, i would rather keep the old. Although i like the other things you updated.

Can someone post a good pic of the multicam up close? I would appreciate it.

Even with the greener color it looks awesome. Is there anyway you could have both versions. I like the old one for quesh and the new one with chern.

Great job btw.

Any plans on expanding the rangers soldiers so they aren't all exactly the same? Just for a little variety?

Thanks

First, I love using the Rangers you released. Great work.

Is the multicam on this new release the same as the u.s army special forces that you just released? I can't tell from the pics.

I noticed the multicam on them is different than the ones on the last ranger update. The older one is more of a brown kind of color and the ones on the spec forces are more green.

I thought the last one looked the best, i thought it looked the best out of all the other mods and looked like the real one, at least i thought.

If this new update is the spec forces multicam, i would rather keep the old. Although i like the other things you updated.

Can someone post a good pic of the multicam up close? I would appreciate it.

Even with the greener color it looks awesome. Is there anyway you could have both versions. I like the old one for quesh and the new one with chern.

Great job btw.

Any plans on expanding the rangers soldiers so they aren't all exactly the same? Just for a little variety?

Thanks

First of all thanks a lot :) !!!

Yes is the same multicam I applied to special Forces too.

I'm sorry but I think I'm not going on the old one because I think the new version I did is the cosest one to real life camo pattern.

For the variety it could be great...but unfortunately I've no modelling skills...maybe when BI will release the Arma2 MLODS I'll give it a try ;)

cheers

massi

hello,

When Coming the Raplacements?

I cant wait no more ;)

hello,

When Coming the Raplacements?

I cant wait no more ;)

Hi Blushed,

well I did not make a replacement for those units because they're just 2 models...and I thought It was pretty weird .

I did a replacement for all the camos for my US Army Special Forces units instead, because they 've all the Force recon models (heavy assault rifleman and grenadier too) in all the different camo's just like my Rangers...so more variety ;)

You can find them here : http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=94223

Anyway I think it's not a big deal doing replacements, so I can do replacement for US Army Rangers too ... if you like ;)

cheers

massi