hey ive added the .pbo files to addon's how do i select to play this mod in single player?

You have to add the demo missions to your arma2 user mission folder,

then simply load them in the editor.

Or make a mission as you usually do following the guidelines of the demo missions.

yeh but i see a server up thats 5/5 atm, if it's only allowed to be loaded in the editor why are people playing in multiplayer?

yeh but i see a server up thats 5/5 atm, if it's only allowed to be loaded in the editor why are people playing in multiplayer?

First you talk about singleplayer

hey ive added the .pbo files to addon's how do i select to play this mod in single player?

Now you talk about multiplayer. Maybe i don`t get your point or something.

I mean you are aware of a mission maker`s possibility to actually pack a mission up for use in the single player/multiplayer folders? The guys playing online have made their own missions and packed them to a .pbo.

Is it possible to set a random time for this sequence:

this setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_IS_HUMAN",true,true]; this setVariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_INFECTED",true,true]; this setVariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_BITTENTIME",time,true]; this setVariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_INFTYPE","INFECTED",true];

Not to be pushy, but is it possible or is just the lack of answers just expressing its impossible?

Not to be pushy, but is it possible or is just the lack of answers just expressing its impossible?

You have not really been clear about why you think that altering the timing of that "sequence" would have a desirable effect and what it is that you want to achieve with this?

You have not really been clear about why you think that altering the timing of that "sequence" would have a desirable effect and what it is that you want to achieve with this?

Oh sorry, what I mean is to set a random number, say a number between -200 and -400, as the time factor, so that instead of having the same experience each time you play through the mission each time it changes; and the ability not to predict when the people that are spawned infected will change over.

Edited by Slatmes

Oh sorry, what I mean is to set a random number, say a number between -200 and -400, as the time factor, so that instead of having the same experience each time you play through the mission each time it changes; and the ability not to predict when the people that are spawned infected will change over.

It is considered:

CHN_INFCOUNTER : Determines the time in seconds until

an infected human will become undead

Default is 420

So just use something like : CHN_INFCOUNTER = 200 + random 200;

Thank you, ugh how could I have been so stupid.

Edited by Slatmes

Anybody who is using the module to create multiplayer missions and has the ability to test on multiple machines and is willing to test some multiplayer improvements out, please contact me.

Anybody who is using the module to create multiplayer missions and has the ability to test on multiple machines and is willing to test some multiplayer improvements out, please contact me.

I could provide a dedicated server for testing it on, but i can only test on this machine.

Multiplayer Undead Mod??? that would be a dream come true :)

With ACE of course;)

This mod works in multiplayer already and with ACE according to many people who tested it.

There is only some advanced aspects of the mod that don`t work as intended yet in MP.

Anything from dark ambient to trance, EBM, rock and goth.

My roots are in new romantic/punk/goth.

Tips? I dont know, it`s not so much about equipment, it`s more about mood.

Nowadays folks rely too much on technical aspects and most contemporary music has no atmosphere at all (nor emotions).

In that case, you seem to not have the latest version of the mod.

It is right between the infected and the zombie modules ;)

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

I had that possibility in mind as a cause for your problem, but considered it very unlikely that someone would not want to enjoy the major improvements of the game with the post-vanilla patches.

The mod uses some scripting commands that have been introduced with a later patch. In 1.01 this mod would have been simply impossible.

So just update to 1.05

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

That is a big trouble.

Because:

With all respect to the work of the BI developers, but these construction/purchasing menus are the lamest thing in Arma2.

It`s actually the reason why i stopped playing the campaign, because i

could not get the menus to update with 10 minutes waiting to be able to buy new soldiers.

So in case that these menus freeze, what can i do to prevent that?

If i could modify the warfare module`s scripts too, then maybe it could work.

But i have really not the time to study the functionality of that module until i can fix that. Really sorry.

EDIT: Does this happen in vanilla warfare´s construction menu too or only in those scripts from the guy?

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

Glad you enjoy playing it ;)

I also enjoyed observing the infection spread with TroopMon2.

It`s really like a bacteria study, scary in a way hehe.

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

This part of the mod is not working very reliably. Have to look into it again.

In the tests i did at least, they did react to me firing at them and hunt me.

The variable is "supposed" to allow the zombie group to swap the current target (let`s say sitting in a car) to the shooter who tries to pick them one by one from a distance, because the shooter is obviously a bigger threat than the guy in the car.

So when the variable is true, they will hunt the shooter.

If false (or nil possibly i think too) then they will just not react to the shooter, only when he someone manages to get closer to them than the guy in the car which is diffucult to actually do hehe.

alright i updated and it worked, nice job charon. is there any missions for it?

alright i updated and it worked, nice job charon. is there any missions for it?

Well it takes time to make missions for people, so i am sure that anyone who has a mission will make it known in this thread.

I have a couple of fixes for V0.85 now and wanted to include the advanced MP features, but there is not enough testers with multiple machines and enough time to do the tests.

So V0.85 will be out in a couple of days.

I have to confess I wandered away back when MP looked to be off the menu but you have my full attention once again. I mean what's a zombie mission without your buddies watching your back?

Charon is there a way to remove the dead bodies of the infected/zombies ?

Charon is there a way to remove the dead bodies of the infected/zombies ?

Sure, same way as any standard body clean up script approach works.

But a feature like this will be in V0.85

Hey Charon, if I want to let the Zombie Module create when a group of soldiers reaches a specific point, I probably have to use the createVehicle syntax, but whats the classname for that module?

Thx

on maps with over 160 civilians and around 100 zeds spread around the map and 20/40 opfor and bluFor units (i don't get lag) the spawn module takes quite a while to start spawning (and sometimes not doing it at all)

Hey Charon, if I want to let the Zombie Module create when a group of soldiers reaches a specific point, I probably have to use the createVehicle syntax, but whats the classname for that module?

Thx

The classname is "CHN_UNDEAD_Logic" for the infected module and

"CHN_UNDEAD_Logic2" for the zombie module.

An easy way to find out module classnames is to look it up in the mission.sqm

---------- Post added at 02:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 AM ----------

on maps with over 160 civilians and around 100 zeds spread around the map and 20/40 opfor and bluFor units (i don't get lag) the spawn module takes quite a while to start spawning (and sometimes not doing it at all)

And you know why that is ??? ;)

Because you probably use way too many units/groups on your map for the speed of your PC, i have pointed that out many times before.

The module DOES spawn, but it probably has a hard time initializing all those units. The normal init time is around 12 seconds.

Hello Charon! I have a few questions,

I was watching the infection spread through a spectator script which, even though the spectate script is bugged itself, really helps seeing just how the infection spreads. I noticed a few things while watching the AI zombies nom up the AI civilians and soldiers.

I have 4 spawn points in my Sahrani mission. They work perfect for a long while (2-3 hours?) before they seem to stop spawning and the zombie count falls well below 100. (Yes my computer can handle the amount of units that are in the mission easily.)

But after the infection nearly "noms" everyone the spawning modules seem to stop working. I was able to count 38 green dots (zombies) 'twords the end. Can you explain how the spawning modules work? Do I need to create a trigger to initialize them again? Was it because the less humans = less zombies spawning?

This is what I have placed in the modules themselfs.

this setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_GRPTYPE","MIGRATING",true];this setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_NUMBER",2,true];this setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_INTERVAL",60,true];

Thank you for your time

Hello Charon! I have a few questions,

I was watching the infection spread through a spectator script which, even though the spectate script is bugged itself, really helps seeing just how the infection spreads. I noticed a few things while watching the AI zombies nom up the AI civilians and soldiers.

I have 4 spawn points in my Sahrani mission. They work perfect for a long while (2-3 hours?) before they seem to stop spawning and the zombie count falls well below 100. (Yes my computer can handle the amount of units that are in the mission easily.)

But after the infection nearly "noms" everyone the spawning modules seem to stop working. I was able to count 38 green dots (zombies) 'twords the end. Can you explain how the spawning modules work? Do I need to create a trigger to initialize them again? Was it because the less humans = less zombies spawning?

This is what I have placed in the modules themselfs.

this setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_GRPTYPE","MIGRATING",true];this setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_NUMBER",2,true];this setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_INTERVAL",60,true];

Thank you for your time

Thanks for your observation.

I will consider a little fix for long-term use in the next update if

The reason for your problem is most likely that the script breaks out of

the "while" loop although it seems unlikely that you had 10.000 zombie waves within 2-3 hours.

But i remember that folks observed problems with while loops in long tests.

I use "for" loops in TroopMon2 which run many days, that is for sure, so i might encapsulate the

module script into a "for" loop.

You are absolutely certain that

CHN_UNDEAD_ZEDCNT < CHN_UNDEAD_ZEDLIMIT

has been true?

The spawn module is very simple:

while {!isNull (_module)} do

{

if ((_module getvariable "CHN_UNDEAD_SM_ACTIVE") and (CHN_UNDEAD_ZEDCNT < CHN_UNDEAD_ZEDLIMIT)) then {

So as long as you don`t deletevehicle the module itself

or set "CHN_UNDEAD_SM_ACTIVE" to false or

the undead count falls below your default (or changed) CHN_UNDEAD_ZEDLIMIT

then the module loop will run.

Another probably cause could be that you just exceeded the maximum allowed group number

per (resistance) side of 144. Then no more groups will be allowed to be spawned limited by the

Arma2 engine. Maybe just delete some empty groups.

Good idea to add some function like that to the module in an update.

Whenever it spawns a new wave, it will check if previously spawned groups are

all dead and delete them.

Edited by Charon Productions

Thanks for your observation.

I will consider a little fix for long-term use in the next update if

The reason for your problem is most likely that the script breaks out of

the "while" loop although it seems unlikely that you had 10.000 zombie waves ...

Ahhh, thank you for such a quick reply.

Yes I forgot to mention I have 4 spawn points, but two of them spawn a group of 12 and the other two spawn a group of 2. And the estimated time was probably influenced by how much fun I was having in the mission. (Time goes by faster when you are having more fun you know :D)

I am okay with scripting but I wouldn't know where to start to "check if previously spawned groups are all dead and delete them". If you had the time, could you help me with that? I bet that is the problem.

Also I was sure the amount of zombies did not exceed or meet the limit 100 'twords the end of the game.

EDIT: By the way, your mod is lots and lots of fun with ACE 2 and CAA1 (Sahrani from ArmA 1). My friends and I played for hours upon hours so far having a blast. (Just hope I can get the "not spawning" problem fixed)

If there is anything I know for sure it's that

Zombies + Scavenging for all items + Nukes = Amazing fun time of justice.

Edited by Minizzzile

Quick question, for every new update, it contains the content from the previous update(s) right? There's been a few I've skipped, but I will probably grab the next one. I just want to be sure I get everything from and UP from the version I got currently.