I cant thank you enough man, I have been waiting for zombies in Arma 2 since it came out, time for some bloody apocalyptic zombie carnage !

Charon fuc*in great work :D Infected are pure awesome and scary, i running away from them, through the entire map. To bad its not compatible with BlackOps(they + gasmask with red visor looks like HUNK from Residen Evil). When any merc die, shows a error. But anyway, its the best mod for Arma2 :)

Sorry for my english

Edited by LiberNull777

Awesome, only lags when someone is getting hit by infected (only for 10 seconds), also the infected hounds are sorta mental (they run around the target alot), taking them like 5 minutes before they can take 1 person down, kinda funny

What is with the response time of the NPCS? I spawned 30 zombies in front of me, Infected (the running ones) synced the leader to the proper module, and it takes them a while to actually recognize me and then attack. If I had friendlies we would of mowed them down before they could of even started running.

No syncing is needed as can be seen in the demo missions.

The while that is takes for them to attack is the initialisation time for the module in which the whole map gets analyzed and the zeds assigned with the needed variable values, it is about 10-12 seconds.

@That guy over there:

The thing is that the hounds are too fast, so that they get out of attack range before

the script lag allows the attack range to be checked. I have tried multiple approaches to

counter that, but BI really prevented a solution by introducing their 3ms script execution restriction.

Edited by Charon Productions

well, curse BI for those 3ms script execution restrictions! at any-rate i tryed playing as a Fast Zed and when i play as one something happens

Infected Dog: Able to kill self, if i try to stop running and run into someone (anything that is a Allie) i stop, attack, get hurt or possibly die

Infected Human: yeah, i was running into my allies (Other zeds) and suddenly preformed the attack animation, it happend a few times, then i dropped dead, wonder why :confused:

well, curse BI for those 3ms script execution restrictions! at any-rate i tryed playing as a Fast Zed and when i play as one something happens

Infected Dog: Able to kill self, if i try to stop running and run into someone (anything that is a Allie) i stop, attack, get hurt or possibly die

Infected Human: yeah, i was running into my allies (Other zeds) and suddenly preformed the attack animation, it happend a few times, then i dropped dead, wonder why :confused:

Hehe, never tried that. You dropped dead, because of one script peculiarity.

To counter the script lag i have additionally attached a trigger to the player that checks for zeds in attack range and performs the attack. So inside the trigger the closest zed would be the player himself thus killing himself ;) Just a thought, maybe it`s not the main cause.

I've noticed that as whenever either of the modules have been placed, I seem to become invincible to anything other then zombies. I become invincible to enemy fire, friendly fire, explosions send my flying with no effect. It only happens to me as the player as well, no one else.. I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen, I apologize if its something I've missed. Another thing some of your demo missions say I am missing some troopmon addon or something?

Apart from that man this is a great mod, really appreciate your work.

I've noticed that as whenever either of the modules have been placed, I seem to become invincible to anything other then zombies. I become invincible to enemy fire, friendly fire, explosions send my flying with no effect. It only happens to me as the player as well, no one else.. I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen, I apologize if its something I've missed. Another thing some of your demo missions say I am missing some troopmon addon or something?

Apart from that man this is a great mod, really appreciate your work.

Oh, didnt have enough time to check the demo missions for addon requirements.

Here are the 2 demo missions without TroopMon requirement (it is easy to fix though for advanced users)

Also the mission RapidContainment1c did not use the correct player character.

Now its using the intended character to play the mission.

Here they are:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/zf08nu

About the damage, it is a feature that i added because i got very annoyed with friendly fire during tests. You own team members would use grenades on nearby zeds killing you too, or just hit you while shooting a zed that is very close to you.

So i added the friendly fire disabled variable :

CHN_UNDEAD_FRIENDLYFIR

when true: player can be damaged by friendly fire

default is nil, because team mates will oftentimes kill you

when zeds are too close

The trade off is that you don`t take falling damage or explosion damage.

Don`t know how else to find a compromise to not constantly being shot by your AI members and still taking that damage.

Great work Charon!

Im using Undead Mod along with; JTD Fire and Smoke, ACE MOD (Allofem), Zeus AI, GL4 FX, WarFX, and the wounding system and melee of the SLX mod.

"D:\Bohemia Interactive\Bohemia Interactive\arma2.exe" -nosplash -mod=@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_PLA;@ACEX_SM;@CBA;@Mods;@JTD;@GL4;@SLX;@zcommon_ace;@UndeadMod

Just had a Battle at Strelka against 117 infected. (13 groups of 'em) with good FPS.

I was with a 5 man group of Gas Mask Mercanaries (which i think cant turn infected, an error pops up) a 5 man USMC group with a Humvee, a Chopper and two 12 man groups of Desert Mercanaries.

FPS was great throughout on that little village. Obviously we got swarmed and took heavy casualties in the first few minutes of battle. Then it was me and 2 guys from my squad hauling ass as the rain poured down and the smoke and embers of the battle roared around us.

Eventually we got tired (ACE mod) and tried to form a defensive in the forest but got surrounded and ate.

My system specs are as follows, just incase someone wants to know how they can run this mod:

HD 4890

i7 920 @ 3.8

6 gigs of Ram

Windows 7 RC

Everything seems to work great except for these;

1. Sometimes when i headshot a infected, it dissapears. Dont know if its the headshot or what but i only aim for the head. This happens i would say 1 in 10 times.

2. The Pathfinding as im sure you know can use some more work, but as of now its acceptable as far as Arma zombie mods go. Cant complain.

3. I usually get hit when the infected are still like 4-5 away from me but im guessing you cant do anything about that, changing the way the infected strike? Annoying at times because i get infected or killed when i shouldve not got hit at all.

4. I see the infected running through walls and such, breaks the immersion a bit but its not all that bad.

I think thats all the "problems" ive seen for now. Ive only played like 20 minutes of it.

Once again great work and thank you. Hope in the future most if not all of these problems can be addressed and fixed.

---------- Post added at 07:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 AM ----------

Also QQ.

I can JUST put down the Infected module and they will start spawning throughout the map correct?

Edited by WMike20052

Oh, didnt have enough time to check the demo missions for addon requirements.

Here are the 2 demo missions without TroopMon requirement (it is easy to fix though for advanced users)

Also the mission RapidContainment1c did not use the correct player character.

Now its using the intended character to play the mission.

Here they are:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/zf08nu

About the damage, it is a feature that i added because i got very annoyed with friendly fire during tests. You own team members would use grenades on nearby zeds killing you too, or just hit you while shooting a zed that is very close to you.

So i added the friendly fire disabled variable :

The trade off is that you don`t take falling damage or explosion damage.

Don`t know how else to find a compromise to not constantly being shot by your AI members and still taking that damage.

Ahh ok, I understand. Thanks for the response and the link. And the awesome mod. :D

Seems that the infected run in the air if your being chased down a mountain or other steep place. Looks really dumb you have to shoot them out of the air.

Yea man i dont know if its just my game but these zombies are running through everything. Through buildings, fences, you name it. They just come out of nowhere and they can even hit you through walls/fences.

Edited by WMike20052

Should the undead lure at the bottom of a building when a human is on the roof WHILE there is still other humans in a village?

I just ran into such a situation and it takes quite an amount of momentum away from an attack wave.

When you as the player walk up to them then they however will prioritize you as a target and hunt you.

But i think as long as there is humans that are easier accessible then they should not gang up at the bottom of a building but patrol the village.

They should priortize after accessibility and then distance. So if a guy is 50m away but not accessable and a guy is 100m away but is accessable then it should go for the guy 100m.

They should priortize after accessibility and then distance. So if a guy is 50m away but not accessable and a guy is 100m away but is accessable then it should go for the guy 100m.

Yeah something like that, i will see if i can integrate that.

amazing mod!!!!!and extrem fast zombies^^

- Undead can warp some distance when shot or bumping at a certain speed into something
is hard to play with "warp huge distance"and the fast infected.

they can warp 10-150m, you see the zombie's at (50-150m) and then "warp" the zombie's squad towards to you.

chance of removing blood effect in future or option to disable?

chance of removing blood effect in future or option to disable?

Quote directly from the docu included:

CHN_UNDEAD_STOP_AL_GORE

when true: no gore and blood effects

default is false

ah thanks

would be nice to have a userconfig file to adjust settings

The warping as described in the KNOWN ISSUES is a consequence of the collision disruption occuring when the undead are sprinting towards the target with disabled AI-Pathfinding.

There seems to be no way to counter that. It`s all a trade-off and a big work-around.

An infected group can be found under the groups in the editor under the resistance side and it can be spawned just like any other group.

As long as there is infected towns on the map, one single random town of them will spawn an infected group to send it out to infect other towns once the zedcount is really low. That way the illusion of a wide-spread infection is created.