Sign in to follow this  

So nice you're making these units Aeneas2020, it really adds a lot of extra immersion. Great work!

I believe Ace2 uses RH'S pistol and M4/M16 in there mod so could I use this addon without actually running a seperate addon folder of RH guns?

I believe Ace2 uses RH'S pistol and M4/M16 in there mod so could I use this addon without actually running a seperate addon folder of RH guns?

You probably could...only one way to find out.

Thanks a lot mate, they're great. They keep getting closer and closer to the real thing. We love 'em. :D

One disadvantage of the CDF models is that they don't have the chest rig / plate carrier thing that the USMC model does have. :( But that's a sacrifice I guess, it's one way or the other.

Mirror updated as well as news post edited.

A bunch of KCT pics are coming your way.

Thanks a lot mate, they're great. They keep getting closer and closer to the real thing. We love 'em. :D

One disadvantage of the CDF models is that they don't have the chest rig / plate carrier thing that the USMC model does have. :( But that's a sacrifice I guess, it's one way or the other.

Mirror updated as well as news post edited.

A bunch of KCT pics are coming your way.

I tired to make it look like they still had them with edited normals etc...but unless i get a brand new model i cn't make em 100%

You've got me curious about those KCT troops though :)

What model are you planning on using for those? The regular SF i assume?

I'm very interested in them, because i'm busy with yet another mission and the tasks you get in those would fit the KCT perfectly.

In the mean time i'll just make them soldiers from the Airmobile brigade, since they can perform similar duties.

yeh standard SF units was going to be my base...not sure though really, what woul you suggest?

I'm not sure what else there would be to use, at least from stock ArmA2.

I'm sure those SF units are very useable, but i do think there are several models of them and not all of them would suit i think.

Maybe, if you havent already, you could look up 09-11 Zulu on youtube.

It's a documentary about the KCT in Afghanistan, and it has a pretty long firefight at the end which gets pretty intense. Up to the point where even the embedded reporter picks up a gun lol.

It should give a good impression of what the Commando's wear, and which models reflect that the best.

Stuff that would be cool is for example a reskinned cap with NL on it, like some of them wear, while the boonie hats might not be that suited, but i'm not sure on that :)

I was thinking of doing them with wool hats, because i've seen some of those pics, maybe some guys without hats at all. and a couple of baseball cap guys

Maybe you could get your hands on some balaclavas instead of wool hats, or make the hats look like rolled up balaclavas.

I've seen some footage where the commandos are training wearing those, but that might just have been to make themselves unrecognizeable for the camera.

When i get back home tonight i'll look them up for you.

Maybe you could get your hands on some balaclavas instead of wool hats, or make the hats look like rolled up balaclavas.

I've seen some footage where the commandos are training wearing those, but that might just have been to make themselves unrecognizeable for the camera.

When i get back home tonight i'll look them up for you.

Probably those pictures are from the Specopsplg Contra Terreur (CT)

I was thinking of doing them with wool hats, because i've seen some of those pics, maybe some guys without hats at all. and a couple of baseball cap guys

Great, looking forward for their release.

But don't take the wool hats of the picture below;

kct21cf7.jpg

These are the woolen hats for dutch soldiers whom are in training to be an commando.

Some pictures of dutch commando's;

kroon-dtf.jpg

groen.jpg

commandos-2806.jpg

And a bit dated (2002) but worth it to take a look at;)

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/7924/albumpic2mq3.jpg

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/8185/bepakkingjpegtz0.jpg

Stuff that would be cool is for example a reskinned cap with NL on it, like some of them wear, while the boonie hats might not be that suited, but i'm not sure on that :)

Oh man I would LOVE that. Like for desert KCT units... have some of them wear the NL cap, the majority the dark-green helmet (without cover) and some of them without any headgear at all except the comms set. That would be really, really nice.

Oh mate, perhaps I didn't explain it well enough in my PM but those pics of guys in ECO training are not yet commandos. The ECO is like the final, brutal excercise they have to go through before they have the right to call themselves commandos. They don't earn the Green Beret until they've completed it. :) Before the ECO there is the "Vooropleiding", which is also very rigourous.

It's a cool thing though, the rope and wool hat (actually it's more like a shawl and cap in one) they have to wear during training. It's a tradition from WWII when the KCT was formed.

A normal wool hat like some the demolitions guy in ArmA 2 wears would be fine though.

I'm curious, will you make desert or woodland KCT units? The NL cap only suits desert units.

As promised, here are some KCT video's :)

The first one is from a 'show' where Commando's 'liberate' a building near the Army Museum, which civilians could watch.

And the video's i was talking about in my earlier post are these:

and

Here they are practicing at a fake village at Marnehuizen i believe.

Reporter asks them several questions about their profession, and at the end he acts as a tango while the Commando's raid his room.

Hope you can do something with this stuff :)

Edit: this is a scene from 09-11 Zulu, where the Commando's are engaged with Taliban opposition.

Edited by SiC-Disaster

Oh man I would LOVE that. Like for desert KCT units... have some of them wear the NL cap, the majority the dark-green helmet (without cover) and some of them without any headgear at all except the comms set. That would be really, really nice.

Oh mate, perhaps I didn't explain it well enough in my PM but those pics of guys in ECO training are not yet commandos. The ECO is like the final, brutal excercise they have to go through before they have the right to call themselves commandos. They don't earn the Green Beret until they've completed it. :) Before the ECO there is the "Vooropleiding", which is also very rigourous.

It's a cool thing though, the rope and wool hat (actually it's more like a shawl and cap in one) they have to wear during training. It's a tradition from WWII when the KCT was formed.

A normal wool hat like some the demolitions guy in ArmA 2 wears would be fine though.

I'm curious, will you make desert or woodland KCT units? The NL cap only suits desert units.

Lol no worries. When i said wool hates i meant the beanie type thing that some of the full time commandos wear not the funky wool hats shown in the trainee pics :). Away on business for a few days so there probs won't be any updates.

SiC was wearing a black balaclava during tonight's mission. He looked like a commando already that way. It looked just like the videos in the middle of SiC's post.

Would be nice to have a couple of them wear a balaclava, for the temperate version at least. Like:

Temperate: helmet, balaclava, no headgear, balaclava + helmet

Desert: helmet, NL cap, no headgear

Here's a screenie:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d94/Nimsky/sic-commando.jpg?t=1264027268

looks sweet but i can probs do better than that if u give me some time ;)

Good start, reminds me of the old Lowlands Warrior kit, never a bad thing. Big fan of LLW, always good to have some Dutch troops in-game to fight alongside the BWMod units a'la the NL-GE Brigade.

Sander van Dorst has a Minimi Para set up in ArmA 2 that you may be able to use to arm your units; I understand that the Koninlijke Landmacht makes some use of this weapon.

SiC was wearing a black balaclava during tonight's mission. He looked like a commando already that way. It looked just like the videos in the middle of SiC's post.

Would be nice to have a couple of them wear a balaclava, for the temperate version at least. Like:

Temperate: helmet, balaclava, no headgear, balaclava + helmet

Desert: helmet, NL cap, no headgear

Here's a screenie:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d94/Nimsky/sic-commando.jpg?t=1264027268

Hey nims....maybe i'll join you guys on your server one day? My dutch sux though so you would have to speak english. I know most of you guys don't find that a prob but I'd love to see my units in action. P.s. i hardly ever play mp i just mod so you would have to forgive my crapness.