Sign in to follow this  
astral54r

DCS: A-10C Warthog

This looks awsome. I love to play games like LOMAC and other flight sims.

Managed to get the engine start up seqence down to under 4 minutes dont ask about anything else as im slowly reading through the 600 page manual

Managed to get the engine start up seqence down to under 4 minutes dont ask about anything else as im slowly reading through the 600 page manual

Been messing around with it all morning, even if it isn't my favorite plane, I'm still having a good time :D

I'm just trying to learn the cockpit layout atm. Having so much fun....

Wait, is there a demo or something?

How have all of you got playing it? :confused:

??

Ofcourse you have to pay, your buying the game. Just as a bonus you get to help beta test until the release date.

I think this title will be on my to-buy list :) even if I am running a rather old system. It runs Black Shark OK, but is this any indication to how A-10c will run?

Also, I'd like to see the release of a hard copy ring-bound manual just like the Black Shark did.

I'd say once its optimized it will be on par with if not better performance than Black Shark. At the moment its decent, but there are certain areas with heavy fps drop. Then again i'm using an ATI card and there have been reports of this 1st beta not really being optimized at all for ATI.

??

Ofcourse you have to pay, your buying the game. Just as a bonus you get to help beta test until the release date.

I thought the beta would be like for everyone. Like register on their site and you get it as a bonus or something. Well, I will wait for its release. :)

I'd say once its optimized it will be on par with if not better performance than Black Shark. At the moment its decent, but there are certain areas with heavy fps drop. Then again i'm using an ATI card and there have been reports of this 1st beta not really being optimized at all for ATI.

I also like how they have added AA and HDR to the graphics options now. I hope they implement this in FC 2.0 and BS as well.

Another thing I read on the official forum is that the activation system will now issue new codes at incremental periods (set by dev/publisher) as opposed to having to bother customer service which is a welcome change.

Edited by BangTail

Didn't know there was a thread about this awesome game on here...

If anyone is interested -

Hope you enjoy it.

And btw $60 is nothing to pay for this sim, it's literally one of a kind... really worth the money and to support the creation of such software in the future. Game producers that spend time on systems as detailed as this need the money much more in order to stick around, it's a niche market but this product will make most sim goers smile.

Edited by rexehuk

* definantly thinking of getting it *

A 3d clickable cockpit for a flight sim isn't a usual occurance either. Really want the game now.

Just a couple of nice vids done by one of the developers, showing the interaction between the JTAC and CAS asset.

I did it, i've preorder the TM HOTAS Warthog. I feel so dirty :p:p:p:p

The most satisfying feeling a man can have is that of sitting in the A-10C cockpit while the gun is roaring just beneath you.

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRP

Just wish I could get GBU-38's to actually drop and kill something.

I wonder if the plane slows down when you squeeze the trigger to long.

The most satisfying feeling a man can have is that of sitting in the A-10C cockpit while the gun is roaring just beneath you.

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRP

Just wish I could get GBU-38's to actually drop and kill something.

JDAM are the easiest munition to drop!

Make sure you're in CCRP mode and that you have designated the target as an SPI using TMS FORWARD UP long, line yourself up with SPI using CCRP and release once the pipper gates begin moving rapidly, you'll need to hold the button for a good 2-3 seconds.

After having several perfect startup and take offs, im now struggling to work out why everytime i add throttal too both engines when taking off i get a atleast 1 engine blowout. :(

* definantly thinking of getting it *

A 3d clickable cockpit for a flight sim isn't a usual occurance either. Really want the game now.

Be warned that DCS' recent games have been at least as demanding as Operation Arrowhead system-wise.

Be warned that DCS' recent games have been at least as demanding as Operation Arrowhead system-wise.

<< insert swearing fit here >>

A new PC is my #1 consern as of right now. :(

Just make sure you have a decent CPU. The game is not GPU intensive.

It's pushing 50-99% GPU usage (That is using TSAA and HDR but that is by no means 'not GPU intensive').

It seems to be alot more GPU intensive than FC or BS and it also seems to make much better use of SLI than the preceding games as well.

Edited by BangTail

And thats the final nail in the coffin for my Pentium4. :p