Sign in to follow this  
fromz

Operation Halfmoon PLA (OHPLA) Standalone Release

Fromz I can find some freeware PLA aircraft models if ya want. There are some pretty good ones out there...

He had some last time I talked with him. Not sure to what extent though. They were actually working before he released the first version but he had a lot more stuff to do yet. This was about 3 months ago and to be honest, I've barely seen him around too ofter since then. Try shooting him a PM, you may have better luck that way.

Just a thought.

I have the latest version but I'm still only getting English voices, anyone might know what the problem is?

edit:

I found the problem I think, apparently the voices for the PLA soldiers only work if I start up ArmA 2. They don't work with Combined Ops or Arrowhead.

Edited by Nikogo_Ne_Zhalko

pla is not available for ace2 anymore (OA version).

hoping this mod will be planned to be updated as it adds great variety in combats.

edit - and the armedinfo link for the patch asks me for a password, etc.

Edited by twisted

Yes, it's odd the way Fromz and Alex.XP (i.e. two very high quality PLA mods) vanished at the same time. Still at least we have the OHM units, not used them much but as I understand it most of the problems are configuration issues and could be resolved with an additional addon layered on top if some modder(s) with time took an interest.

Well Alex was logged in yesterday, maybe he loves the stalking approach. :D

Will it be any more updates on ACEX_PLA and PLA Standalone Fromz. Or is the Project "dead" :confused: ??

I really liked the PLA expansion.:)

An Operation Arrowhead update with desert units and finally more air defence and an Attack jet would make this awesome.

I hope everything is alright with Fromz. He's been MIA for a while. Unless I just missed him. Take care bud!

speaking of fromz's blog, scroll down in this post and check out the PLA tank simulators, look familiar?

in adddition i checked the VME forums and came across this post about this PLA "mechanized infantry tactical coordination training system", from what i gather it seems that either VME, fromz or both of their mods are being used by the PLA for training. http://www.chinavme.com/thread-14594-1-1.html

can anyone decipher it? my chinese is pretty sh!t and translators aernt very good, would like to know more and it probably explains their sudden long inactivity if their work has been diverted to more serious means.

EDIT: check out this documentary on CCTV7 (chinese military channel), much footage of a very updated OHPLA in action in OA. fromz seems to have been very busy. http://space.tv.cctv.com/video/VIDE1280127685121887

Edited by fludblud

What grabbed my attention was the December 1st 2010 bit at the top of the thread and the fact there's a reference to a download address near the bottom of the opening post.

Unfortunately I think it says something about not being able to view the dl link if you're a guest. I've just got a feeling that somewhere on the VME board they've released some stuff for beta testing.

check out this documentary on CCTV7 (chinese military channel), much footage of a very updated OHPLA in action in OA. fromz seems to have been very busy. http://space.tv.cctv.com/video/VIDE1280127685121887

Wow nice find, that's a pretty long video, they must talk about release dates at some point?

Edited by *Zeewolf*

speaking of fromz's blog, scroll down in this post and check out the PLA tank simulators, look familiar?

in adddition i checked the VME forums and came across this post about this PLA "mechanized infantry tactical coordination training system", from what i gather it seems that either VME, fromz or both of their mods are being used by the PLA for training. http://www.chinavme.com/thread-14594-1-1.html

can anyone decipher it? my chinese is pretty sh!t and translators aernt very good, would like to know more and it probably explains their sudden long inactivity if their work has been diverted to more serious means.

EDIT: check out this documentary on CCTV7 (chinese military channel), much footage of a very updated OHPLA in action in OA. fromz seems to have been very busy. http://space.tv.cctv.com/video/VIDE1280127685121887

Wow very nice find with that documentary. It's amazing to see a games mod get so much attention especially considering it's getting used by the PLA.

I hope we get our hands on the new version sometimes soon :D

I remember a thread on this forum that had some chinese players talking about getting together to play. Somebody should ask one of them to obtain a download link for us here.

I remember a thread on this forum that had some chinese players talking about getting together to play. Somebody should ask one of them to obtain a download link for us here.

Yeah, given the amount this has progressed versus the amount of time since the last release I think we really need to make an effort to find out what's going on rather than relying on fromz anda few others to keep spoon feeding us.

not to mention some of the footage in the documentary had PLA in desert kit fighting insurgents in takistan, im willing to bet the mod has been updated significantly but we need to find the download link!

not to mention some of the footage in the documentary had PLA in desert kit fighting insurgents in takistan, im willing to bet the mod has been updated significantly but we need to find the download link!

A DL link to something is definately in the first post in this thread. Given that later on it the thread they start talking about bugs on WZ-10s and Mi-17s I'd say it's worth a go.

Look at the babelfish translation it says "Downloading address:

Tourist, if you must examine that this placard hideaway content please reply"

I think that means you need to be a member to see the link. Maybe someone with some vague knowledge of chinese can sign up and get the link.

A DL link to something is definately in the first post in this thread. Given that later on it the thread they start talking about bugs on WZ-10s and Mi-17s I'd say it's worth a go.

I think that means you need to be a member to see the link. Maybe someone with some vague knowledge of chinese can sign up and get the link.

I got registered and I'm downloading the content. Will Post download links for the rest of us as soon as it's done.

Ok, thank god I have a knowledge of how forums work lol.

I managed to sign up and got in. The mod is for ARMA and not ARMA2

Oh so disappointing...

That was a waste lol

The mod is for ARMA and not ARMA2

I don't think people will care about that. Can you give us a list of what's in the mod?

I don't think people will care about that. Can you give us a list of what's in the mod?

I haven't got ArmA1 and to me it looks like this is the other PLA mod out rather than Fromz's

Errr, to me "the other PLA mod" (VME PLA mod) and OHPLA's textures and models look incredibly similar. I wouldn't be surprised if they were part of the same thing.

Regarding the download for Arma1. Do you have CAA1 for Arma 2? I'm betting the soldier models won't work but vehicles might.

EDIT: And when you say "out" that VME thread is completely dead.

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

I've signed up and posted a thread politely asking for information. Their english will be better than our chinese.

Edited by *Zeewolf*