Sign in to follow this  
fromz

Operation Halfmoon PLA (OHPLA) Standalone Release

Errr, to me "the other PLA mod" (VME PLA mod) and OHPLA's textures and models look incredibly similar. I wouldn't be surprised if they were part of the same thing.

Regarding the download for Arma1. Do you have CAA1 for Arma 2? I'm betting the soldier models won't work but vehicles might.

EDIT: And when you say "out" that VME thread is completely dead.

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

I've signed up and posted a thread politely asking for information. Their english will be better than our chinese.

I reply you about OHPLA and VMEPLA's question on VME Fourm:

http://www.chinavme.com/thread-15816-1-1.html

VME PLA is still in develop, but slow, because we are no more times on play games...

th_arma2oa2010-12-0512-43-03-01.jpg

th_arma2oa2010-12-0512-31-46-87.jpg

th_arma2oa2010-12-0421-07-00-44.jpg

th_arma2oa2010-12-0421-04-09-34.jpg

th_2214234z4xj1xsxbi81k1e1.jpg

Edited by Alex.XP

I think there's still some activity on this or a similar VME PLA mod judging from this thread at the VME forum.

Babelfish doesn't work too well so is there anyone here who can read chinese, and would care to translate what's going on?

The web wrote below in Red says the mod is for ArmA not for ArmA 2

Read them (In Chinese of course), VME PLA will still much likely be Independent Faction just like the OHPLA Standalone

VME PLA Features much more weaponery and a variety of choices and would be nice to fit into huge battles

Wonder if they would implement the Counter-Measure and FLIR Systems from OA

Edited by avengerzx

Thanks Alex for taking the time to update the community on your work.

Can the Arma 1 VME mod release be announced on BI forums? I'm sure there are still a lot of people who would love to try this.

Thanks Alex for taking the time to update the community on your work.

Can the Arma 1 VME mod release be announced on BI forums? I'm sure there are still a lot of people who would love to try this.

Yes we like to do this, but I can not find the spaces where to put it for download. You know, we can not visit a lots of download site from China...Because the GFW is too fuuuc.....:butbut:

Yes we like to do this, but I can not find the spaces where to put it for download. You know, we can not visit a lots of download site from China...Because the GFW is too fuuuc.....:butbut:

The 115.com links from your forum seem to be working for me. Maybe you can just post these in an announcement and ask for more people to host it (e.g. armaholic or armedassault.info).

speaking of fromz's blog, scroll down in this post and check out the PLA tank simulators, look familiar?

in adddition i checked the VME forums and came across this post about this PLA "mechanized infantry tactical coordination training system", from what i gather it seems that either VME, fromz or both of their mods are being used by the PLA for training. http://www.chinavme.com/thread-14594-1-1.html

can anyone decipher it? my chinese is pretty sh!t and translators aernt very good, would like to know more and it probably explains their sudden long inactivity if their work has been diverted to more serious means.

EDIT: check out this documentary on CCTV7 (chinese military channel), much footage of a very updated OHPLA in action in OA. fromz seems to have been very busy. http://space.tv.cctv.com/video/VIDE1280127685121887

Awesome. Is that VBS2? I wonder if they paid for it. :p

Thanks for the update Alex.

Edited by sparks50

Awesome. Is that VBS2? I wonder if they paid for it. :p

Thanks for the update Alex.

No, is not VBS2.

It is ARMA + OHPLA + VMEPLA and AMRA2 + OHPLA2...

---------- Post added at 07:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 AM ----------

The 115.com links from your forum seem to be working for me. Maybe you can just post these in an announcement and ask for more people to host it (e.g. armaholic or armedassault.info).

I think ARMA is too old, and we will publish the ARMA2 version.

Any updates on this? I'd love to see an updated version of this mod with more units. It's different from all the usual stuff people create for this game (not that I'm unhappy about the usual stuff).

Since OA came out, the OHPLA 2.0.1 would have several obviously bugs if running in OA or CO, such as Soldiers can't speak chinese, and they can't throw grenade......I tweaked them, but without FROMZ's permission, the update can't be release, sorry, guys, I don't wanna piss off Fromz or Wolle.

Since OA came out, the OHPLA 2.0.1 would have several obviously bugs if running in OA or CO, such as Soldiers can't speak chinese, and they can't throw grenade......I tweaked them, but without FROMZ's permission, the update can't be release, sorry, guys, I don't wanna piss off Fromz or Wolle.

Try to get a hold of Fromz so you can release the fixed version.