Sign in to follow this  
adamant

Patch 1.04 and 1.05 install errors!?!?

I'm having a similar problem with Patches 1.04 and now 1.05. When running patch install it gives me errors: Error found in file ADDONS\anims.pbo (00000000!=00000001) and so on. This stupid patch did this with 1.04 and now 1.05, very frustrating! Got the patch 1.04 to finally run with no errors by uninstalling the game half a dozen times, reinstalling it. And then running the patch 1.04 again and again. Thought that was done, but now it's doing it with 1.05.

Running Windows Vista service pack 1.

ANY HELP HERE? WHATS WRONG WITH THESE PATCHES?

The original ArmA II game is a store bought on disc...

Edited by adamant

The most likely cause is that the installer isn't reading the disc properly on the initial install (it's a very temperamental installer)

Try uninstalling then copy the contents from the disc to a directory on your computer and try installing from there.

IDK if that will help. I get the exact same error and I'm playing with the direct to drive version (Which the patch installer seems to think is the steam version, identical?) I just hit ignore for all the errors and the game seems to run ok, besides not having any engine audio inside the apache

Try ed that, just a CRC file check error something not matching when installing.

Yes the game will work fine, but try getting in to a multilayer game. Their servers will not let you in cause their game doesn't match yours!

Edited by adamant

mine is asking me for bmp.p3d file i installed new patch when i click on ok to get that error out game crashes when i go to 1.4 its fine

ok what i'm finding to work is (on a fresh install) when it gives an error, before hitting the retry button. i go to the disk find the .bpo it's giving the error on, and over write the .bpo file installed on the computer with the .pbo from the dick. and then the patch installer can get past the error. i had to do that for every error message. ONLY OVER WRITE THE .PBO IN THE ERROR MESSAGE. YOU WOULDN'T WANT TO OVER WRITE ANY THING INSTALLED BY THE PATCH BEFOR THE ERROR.

sometimes i had to overwrite the .pbo twice. if the .pbo is in a compressed zip open it and drag it out of thier to your arma install location, this took along time! sorry i don't have the steam or direct drive version so i don't know about that, but couldn't it be done in the same manner?

Edited by adamant

heres what I did,,,,, for every error HIT the ignore button....

for ALL of them

then play as normal :)

I connect fine to our 1.05 server..

heres what I did,,,,, for every error HIT the ignore button....

for ALL of them

then play as normal :)

I connect fine to our 1.05 server..

I had done that with 1.04 and I couldn't get in to multi player servers.

So I had to rerun the patch correctly.

But I could get in the servers that people had hit ignore on.

The games have to match I think.

Just curious did your server have the patch installed in the same manner, by ignoring error?

trying to under stand the errors, or what going on with those patches.

Edited by adamant

mine is asking me for bmp.p3d file i installed new patch when i click on ok to get that error out game crashes when i go to 1.4 its fine

Disable all mods.

I'm having a similar problem with Patches 1.04 and now 1.05. When running patch install it gives me errors

I'm installing this game for the first time and I've even get these errormessages when patching to 1.04!!

I'm hitting ignore for the moment, but if it'll really keep me from joining multiplay, i hope someone finds an answer to this. (mp is why i bought this game in the 1st place)

It keep me from getting in to multiplayer servers.

This worked for me;

ok what i'm finding to work is (on a fresh install) when it gives an error, before hitting the retry button. i go to the disk find the .bpo it's giving the error on, and over write the .bpo file installed on the computer with the .pbo from the dick. and then the patch installer can get past the error. i had to do that for every error message. ONLY OVER WRITE THE .PBO IN THE ERROR MESSAGE. YOU WOULDN'T WANT TO OVER WRITE ANY THING INSTALLED BY THE PATCH BEFOR THE ERROR.

sometimes i had to overwrite the .pbo twice. if the .pbo is in a compressed zip open it and drag it out of thier to your arma install location, this took along time! sorry i don't have the steam or direct drive version so i don't know about that, but couldn't it be done in the same manner?

Edited by adamant

I had done that with 1.04 and I couldn't get in to multi player servers.

So I had to rerun the patch correctly.

But I could get in the servers that people had hit ignore on.

The games have to match I think.

Just curious did your server have the patch installed in the same manner, by ignoring error?

trying to under stand the errors, or what going on with those patches.

Nope my server installed correctly..... I havent tried anyone elses yet though.

---------- Post added at 17:44 ---------- Previous post was at 16:52 ----------

Have just checked various other servers.... connected fine to everyone of them..

I tried about 10 diff ones from diff countries etc.... No problem at all...

I also got similar errors and hit ignore each time running the 1.05 patcher on a fresh install 1.02 sprocketidea.com downloaded copy. Strange thing is all the errors that came up in the patch window seemed to have #STEAM comments next to them. Like I said I was installing this on a non Steam version of ArmA2. In fact Steam isn't even installed on this computer nor has it ever been. (I got the patch from here: http://213.245.0.237/arma2/patch-105.html)

Please be patient. This update may appear to take a long time to complete. It is updating and installing very large data.
ARMA II Steam
ArmA 2***: mise r jour de la version 1.02 r la version 1.05...
Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\ROCKS2.PBO.UPD.#STEAM cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1
Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\ROCKS2.PBO.UPD.#STEAM cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1
Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\SIGNS2.PBO.UPD.#STEAM cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1
Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\SOUNDMISSIONS.PBO.BI.BISIGN.UPD.#STEAM cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1
Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\SOUNDMISSIONS.PBO.UPD.#STEAM cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1
Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\SOUNDS.PBO.UPD.#STEAM cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1
Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\STRUCTURES.PBO.UPD.#STEAM cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1
Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\TRACKED2.PBO.UPD.#STEAM cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1
Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\WEAPONS.PBO.UPD.#STEAM cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1
Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\WEAPONS2.PBO.UPD.#STEAM cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1
Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\WHEELED.PBO.UPD.#STEAM cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1
Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\WHEELED2.PBO.UPD.#STEAM cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1
ArmA 2 patch 1.05 has been successfully installed.

Is this going to be a potential problem? I want to make sure none of those listed files have some how been screwed up or left un patched by the 1.05 patcher? Any insight on how this 'patcher' defaults?

Edited by Bob.Dob

This worked for me;

Ok, I tried this like a zillion times and it does not work for me!

Again, I have windows 7 (64bit) and bought and downloaded the game from Gamersgate, not sure whether it is the steam version or not( don't even know what steam is actually).

Does anyone have another solution other then the one mentioned in the quote...?

By the way, I tried to send an email to the adress given n the manual (techsupport@bistudio.com) and my mails simply don't get through. Nice support for ya, hmppff!!:mad:

Edited by Antigoon
mispelled

Well I only recently got around to downloading the 1.05 patch, and no matter where I download it from, it won't install. I have the Steam version however, so is there something different I need to do to install the patch? I get an error about it not finding the directory or something like that.

Ok, I tried this like a zillion times and it does not work for me!

Again, I have windows 7 (64bit) and bought and downloaded the game from Gamersgate, not sure whether it is the steam version or not( don't even know what steam is actually).

Does anyone have another solution other then the one mentioned in the quote...?

By the way, I tried to send an email to the adress given n the manual (techsupport@bistudio.com) and my mails simply don't get through. Nice support for ya, hmppff!!:mad:

Im also using win 7 64 bit,,,,, im guessing thats the problem............... Did you even try the "ignore" solution as I posted ?

I did and it allows me to play the single player missions fine. But I still can't seem to get on any multiplayer servers, even those that don't run any mods. And I suspect these errors are the culprit.

So for now it's only SP sadly.

Win 7 x 64 here as well.

I just installed a new processor and decided to just start from scratch.

Literally my steps

New Install win 7 with clean format.

Turned off UAC

applied all win 7 updates

applied all Nvidia drivers.

Installed Steam

Downloaded Arma2 clean install.

Downloaded patch, and started.

Then the errors start rolling.

Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\AIR.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Like that.

---------------

Then, I booted my Windows XP partition/os.

They share the same Arma2 install directory.

Launched Arma2 and it was 1.04 to confirm it was 1.04.xxxx

applied the patch within XP and it went on flawlessly.

It's something in Win 7 64 fer sher.

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

Figured out a work around....

Boot your machine into safe mode by hitting F8 after you turn it on.

Let it come all the way up.

Don't load Steam

apply the patch

reboot back into normal Win7 and play.

just tried this twice and it worked.:yay::yay:

Edited by [RIP] Luhgnut

same here but I got xp,the signed servers wont let me in cos they think I got mods loaded

Luhgnut;1526726']Figured out a work around....

Boot your machine into safe mode by hitting F8 after you turn it on.

Let it come all the way up.

Don't load Steam

apply the patch

reboot back into normal Win7 and play.

just tried this twice and it worked.:yay::yay:

I'm gonna try this out as soon as I get back from work, if this is the solution thx for figuring it out, Lughnut. It's not something I would even think about trying ,seeing as I'm sort of a donkey when it comes to pc's(compared to most people on these forums anyways;)).

One question though, you do mean booting up in windows 7 safe mode ,right? I don't have any XP or anything installed (wouldn't know how to install two OS's).

dunno,

one thing for sure though, this stuff is getting old right quick.

you can try this. I haven't done it yet so it's just an idea.

delete the arma2 directory totally from steam

reinstall the steam version from steam (yeah I know)

download the installer

right click on it and go into properties

select compatibility

set the installer for XP SP3

try patching with the compatibility set for xp.

Edited by [RIP] Luhgnut

Sorry to say, Lughnut, both your suggestions do not work for me. Booting in safe mode and setting the compatibility to XP keep giving me the exact same errors:(. I'm glad it worked for you but I guess the only thing I can try now, is to buy the game on DVD and hope that that version will work on W7.

Although my previous pc was well over six years old, I do somehow feel as if I've upgraded particularly to play this game. Now seeing how much of a pita it is to get it to work and considering I'll probably have to pay for it twice, it's a disappointment really. I don't think Bohemia will develop a patch in order to fix installation problems with another patch (seems like not too many people have these issues otherwise the forum 'd be full of threads).Kind of sad:protest:

they'll fix it i'm sure.

I'll keep trying a few things. I have several machines with different configs, so I can experiment without too much trouble.

I think few problems is that people install mods into their /Addons folder which isn't the right thing to do and the patch may hit those files and freak.

i'll figure this out.

I got install errors missing files addons cbbuildings, wheeled vehicles etc , so uninstalled again but this time after about 4 installs I deleted all my bis folders , my arma profile the lot , the only things left was my mods but they should be ok (i hope). On down side Ive got to reconfigure my keys and put armor points back up to 45000 in config file . its a pain in ass but it worked for me , good luck hope this helps.

Edited by gregderm