Sign in to follow this  
MulleDK19

Bohemia Interactive's future ARMA 3!

What do you think?  

159 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Awesome, I really, really want this!
    • Would be cool, but I don't really care.
    • No, I don't like it that much.
    • You're an idiot.

Then how does this fit in with "Uhh, the RV engine already has all of that." in reply to this: "Animations: it's so simple, you define the laws, you embody objects with values governed by said laws, and let the World reign."

Because an animation which defines the limits and laws which apply to that specific case exists and is called whenever someone dies.

You need to be more specific with your initial statement, otherwise vagueness and ambiguity reigns supreme.

Also, stop trying to be such a smartass, its not working for you ;)

What you are takling about is NOT "animations" but a kinematics system. ArmA already has "animations".

Irrelevant.

So its irrellevant that the engine you're touting as being so superior:

Point is, Outerra is used as an example of what the community expects in the future projects: Bullet physics for ground interactions, revamped animations.

doesnt even HAVE said animations?

No. You sir, are irrelevant. :j:

A body falling to the ground because of the effects of gravity, as defined in the physics engine/system, when it is hit by a projectile, which is defined in the system as a deadly bullet, is not an animation?

You know what I'm talking about - ragdolls. Post examples of ragdoll physics in ArmA, before we continue this demagoguery.

P.S. Ordnance,

@ 2:40.

dzNRtSisUW4

Edited by Iroquois Pliskin

A body falling to the ground because of the effects of gravity, as defined in the physics engine/system, when it is hit by a projectile, which is defined in the system as a deadly bullet, is not an animation?

Do the bodies in ArmA not fall to the ground when you shoot them? (Unless you hit it with an explosive weapon, then there is a chance for the torso to be flung off into the distance via physics.

You know what I'm talking about - ragdolls. Post examples of ragdoll physics in ArmA, before we continue this demagoguery.

No, you are talking about, and I quote:

revamped animations.

At no point, until I corrected you on it, did you mention the term rag-dolls.

Ragdolls are NOT animations. They are a kinematic system.

What the fuck are you smoking and where can I get some?

Do the bodies in ArmA not fall to the ground when you shoot them?

In fact, in ArmA, they would not fall in some cases. A floating corpse in a suspended animation, as executed by the system: nothing hanging down, no interactions.

I won't continue to support your demagoguery, you know perfectly well what is being discussed here.

Ragdolls are NOT animations. They are a kinematic system.

That's not entirely true. "Animation" is really just movement. The animation is just generated on the fly.

In fact, in ArmA, they would not fall in some cases. A floating corpse in a suspended animation, as executed by the system: nothing hanging down, no interactions.

And in outerra they dont fall down at all, because they dont even exist yet.

I won't continue to support your demagoguery, you know perfectly well what is being discussed here.

Lol, have fun with that.

If anyone can be accused of demagoguery its you.

What we're talking about here is people's UNEDUCATED opinions of "OH EM GEE, outerra is amazing and BI should totally use it for their next game!!one!!1!!eleven!!1"

Outerra is not complete, outerra does not have even a tenth of the features that the RV engine currently supports.

Seriously, people these days see a few PR videos on youtube and they think they know everything. (The other common case of idiocy here is the real time immersive / crysis "VBS killer". LULZ)

---------- Post added at 16:49 ---------- Previous post was at 16:48 ----------

That's not entirely true. "Animation" is really just movement. The animation is just generated on the fly.

You should look up the term "kinematic" ;)

You should look up the term "kinematic" ;)

Where did I mention kinematics?

You said ragdolls are not animation, while in fact, they are. Just because the game engine makes the animation, doesn't make them less animated.

When my brain uses inverse kinematics to calculate the new location of my hand, my hand is animating.

Edited by MulleDK19

Where did I mention kinematics?

In the part of my post that you quoted?

You said ragdolls are not animation, while in fact, they are. Just because the game engine makes the animation, doesn't make them less animated

No, I said ragdolls are not animations. Note the s, making them plural. This suggests a pre-compiled set of animations which can be used to achieve natural looking motion. (Which is what they are)

I said that ragdolls are a movement (or kinematics) SYSTEM (which they are). There is no pre-compiled data beyond the movement limits. The system then calculates the positional data.

When pliskin said:

revamped animations.

What he is implying is an improvement of the existing animation data.

What he [probably] meant to say was:

a new animation system (including ragdoll).

For people bitching about specifics, you sure are sloppy with them... :j:

In the part of my post that you quoted?

You said that. Not me. I was talking about animations.

No, I said ragdolls are not animations. Note the s, making them plural. This suggests a pre-compiled set of animations which can be used to achieve natural looking motion. (Which is what they are)

I'm not arguing that they are not pre-made animations. I'm just saying that they are animation.

This is the most retarded discussion ive seen in a while, and i have been following the hacked bi topic quite closely. Just drop it, its pointless.

This is the most retarded discussion ive seen in a while.

Its about as retarded as the "OH EM GEE, outerra is amazing and BI should totally use it for their next game!!one!!1!!eleven!!1" comments.

Its about as retarded as the "OH EM GEE, outerra is amazing and BI should totally use it for their next game!!one!!1!!eleven!!1" comments.

Yes it is, i dont know why you even bother trrying to disprove it.

Real world physics would greatly improve the gameplay, especially driving. Also it's much cooler to actually see enemies fall differently every time, rather than the same old animations over and over again.

Wouldn't it be cool, driving a truck, notice an RPG flying towards you, then jump out the truck, hit the ground, and roll off, while the truck continues, then blows up?

nom nom.

That's be 'cool' but for me it wouldn't add anything to the gameplay. My biggest problem with the game is it plays more or less like a shooting gallery. No big need to action battle drills.

Features like advanced physics should stay in games like Crysis.

Features like advanced physics should stay in games like Crysis.

I respectfully disagree.

+1

correct physics are an very very important part of the real world, warfare and just everything existing so that should really get considered

but believe me BI knows this aswell and doesnt ignore it but you also got to understand its not that easy

and PLEASE, PLEASE STOP posting spam about Arma using outerra or Cryengine 3 and all that nonsense

better vote some tickets up

A better physics engine would indeed be nice... Think of bombs, shells and missiles posed as ragdolls, they'll be affected by air resistance, gravity, etc a lot better. "Death ragdolls" of infantry aren't really important though... Vehicle ragdolls would be nice to be able to push them out of the way, tow them, realistic vehicle air lifting, driving light and small vehicles into an aircraft like the C130 or putting a small boat (forgot the name) inside the Chinook and more. Think of all the possibilities with it.

Most of the part of the improved physics engine is vehicle, explosion (Shrapnel or flying deadly debris can cause players to be more cautious) and ammunition behavior in my opinion.

Sure, don't make physics for tree leafs, bushes, falling trees (Well, might actually be nice, think of strategically blocking the road with large trees in Warfare or other missions) and other un-needed stuff such as building destruction. (Although make em for picket fences, walls, gates etc... Seriously, a picket fence stopping an LAV is just..)

I have also noticed that ArmA 2 doesn't fully use the GPU's power, my GPU heats up a lot more in other games than ArmA 2. This might be one of the reasons ArmA 2 eats up too much CPU power.

Hell, today's NVidia GPUs can process a complex physics engine like PhysX while rendering a game. If some how another physics engine that isn't as complex as PhysX (We don't really need it like PhysX) uses GPU acceleration, it'd be awesome.

I am waiting for a ArmA 3 with all coalition forces would be cool, and Air to Air refeulling and been able to rapel from hellicopters, and the use of proper ships not just RHIB's

Better physics, better graphics, more content...all sounds great except for that fact that BIS will be the company implementing the new functionality. And yes, some offense is intended by that statement...not a lot but some. I've been a fan of BIS since OFP and since OFP, I've been embarrassed to be a fan of BIS. The ideas and functionality behind these games are impressive...there's no doubt about that but every time BIS releases another product, I cringe in anticipation of 1-2 years of frustration waiting for patches and then fearing the effects of the new patches. How can I recommend these games? How can I defend the frustration that comes with being a fan? It's like having a hot girlfriend who wants to be a virgin until her wedding night...masturbation just isn't enough and you want more! BIS, give us more! Everyone wants to play these games, everyone thinks these games look amazing and they are but trying to get them installed and setup is just too painful and I'm getting "blue balls". Sure, BIS'll fix the problems months later with patches but by that time, you've pissed off 75% of the people that bought the game. They've sold millions of copies...where is everyone? I've been checking this board for years and I've seen the same people on here for years...where's the new blood? When the demo came out, it was almost overwhelming because it seemed like BIS had finally done it! They've finally had a successful, well published release and there was a lot of buzz about the game...until it actually came out and then it withered on the vine and died. Sure, sure, the small but dedicated community is here, you're always here...and if new players don't "get it", you don't want them anyways because they're immature losers...well that attitude is just stupid and any member of this community who gets offended by these accusations is the immature loser. If BIS wants to improve something, it should stop adding complexity and just release a game that works and is well publicized so that it can build a bigger fan base so it can sell more games and get more money and then hey, guess what, they can hire some more developers and they won't be such a small company anymore and then they can continue building their insanely complex sandboxes but finally have the manpower to build them properly...now that would be amazing!

Ugh...never mind what I said...I'm just pissed cause Amazon shipped my CH Pedals to the wrong damn place and now I have to wait for the replacement to arrive...blue balls.

better physics, better graphics, more content...all sounds great except for that fact that bis will be the company implementing the new functionality. And yes, some offense is intended by that statement...not a lot but some. I've been a fan of bis since ofp and since ofp, i've been embarrassed to be a fan of bis. The ideas and functionality behind these games are impressive...there's no doubt about that but every time bis releases another product, i cringe in anticipation of 1-2 years of frustration waiting for patches and then fearing the effects of the new patches. How can i recommend these games? How can i defend the frustration that comes with being a fan? It's like having a hot girlfriend who wants to be a virgin until her wedding night...masturbation just isn't enough and you want more! Bis, give us more! Everyone wants to play these games, everyone thinks these games look amazing and they are but trying to get them installed and setup is just too painful and i'm getting "blue balls". Sure, bis'll fix the problems months later with patches but by that time, you've pissed off 75% of the people that bought the game. They've sold millions of copies...where is everyone? I've been checking this board for years and i've seen the same people on here for years...where's the new blood? When the demo came out, it was almost overwhelming because it seemed like bis had finally done it! They've finally had a successful, well published release and there was a lot of buzz about the game...until it actually came out and then it withered on the vine and died. Sure, sure, the small but dedicated community is here, you're always here...and if new players don't "get it", you don't want them anyways because they're immature losers...well that attitude is just stupid and any member of this community who gets offended by these accusations is the immature loser. If bis wants to improve something, it should stop adding complexity and just release a game that works and is well publicized so that it can build a bigger fan base so it can sell more games and get more money and then hey, guess what, they can hire some more developers and they won't be such a small company anymore and then they can continue building their insanely complex sandboxes but finally have the manpower to build them properly...now that would be amazing!

Ugh...never mind what i said...i'm just pissed cause amazon shipped my ch pedals to the wrong damn place and now i have to wait for the replacement to arrive...blue balls.

MY EYEz!

Again, if adding ragdoll means dead body disappearing a few secound after they die or dead body no longer stop/slow bullets then i'd rather have no ragdoll at all.

Not really sure I get this thread - isn't Arma3 cancelled, now that they are going to make some civilian helicopter thingy in stead?

it hink BIS never really mentioned Arma3

but i think an Arma 3 is highly possible but just not in the next 2 Years or so

but making ToH doesnt mean there will be no Arma3

Not really sure I get this thread - isn't Arma3 cancelled, now that they are going to make some civilian helicopter thingy in stead?

How can something be cancelled when it was never even announced?

And no, there is no reason why BIS couldn't be working on multiple projects. Carrier Command is also still in the pipeline, for example.

Sorry to be so ArmA 3 or not? Will the new official game with a new island for example, 20 to 20 miles or more? Will it navigable river from the bridge? Will the rugged terrain, mountains, forests, rivers, lakes?

It's like having a hot girlfriend who wants to be a virgin until her wedding night...masturbation just isn't enough and you want more! BIS, give us more!

A sadistic girlfriend that wants it all :D