MulleDK19, December 21, 2009 in ARMA 2 & OA - SUGGESTIONS
159 members have voted
afaik it can't
Yes it can.
Euphoria consists of a small kernel, AI controller modules (for adaptive behaviours) and a rigid dynamics module (for physics). euphoria is physics-engine independent
Right. So it has a physics module, which presumably you wouldn't use for the entire game physics, just the Euphoria physics. Which means that pragmatically, you need another more general physics engine for the bulk of the game.
.....which has to somehow link in with the Euphoria physics engine, so there needs to be some sort of export/takeover mechanism, either that or Euphoria looks after animation only and the Euphoria physics module only generates forces to apply to characters. I imagine handing over physics objects from one engine to another, then back again is rather tedious if not impossible.
-I would like the pathfinding of vehicles to be better: Give a choice to command them to use "roads only", or to "go straight", in which case they will cross fields, forests, and such.
-Player econgnition on the map: At least the player should be instantly be aware of his own position on the map, by a strong colored unique symbol. To avoid to know where you are exactly.
Also there should be an option available to activate with which "spotted" enemies get a real time symbol on the map, as soon as they are spotted; if possible with a time stamp.
When enemy disappears out of sight, the symbol should still be visible for a while (server adjusted: 10-15 minutes)
- All and all, information sharing could be lot better in ARMA series: better, faster, and more fluid in nature.
- A server option to show all friendly players with a symbol, as well in different colors, regarding to the squad they belong to.
Also a squad letter or name should be helpful.
- Easier system to change squad while in the field. Or while respawning. Color symbols. Better names. 1-f-1 and things like that aren't as easy as "squad A", squad B", etc...
- Servers should have abilities to adjust as good as anything, in relation to the desired gameplay experience.
- I would like to see a second monitor option on which the map can be shown, with real time tactical information.
- More and better "warfare" and "AAS" scenario's! More spawn abilities in standard missions like they exist in AAS.
- Ability to let AI drive with "lights off" during night time. One can set them "don't shoot", but not "lights off". that doesn't make any sense.
- A simpler use of standard color coding: Blue = always friendly Red = always enemy. Green = always own squad Other colors = always the same friendly squads.
Can't be so hard to get a unified and more expanded color code, right?
- MODS that may be used on server... Now in most cases it is: "no mods at all"... Server should have ability to add list of mods that are allowed. And a list of thos who may not be used at all.
Certain mods just only make fps better and such...
- I would like to see more fluent gameplaytypes, as well as in depth tactical strategic multiplayer mission types standard in the game, and not always so much dependant of mods and such.
- I would like to see more possibilities in warfare to allow commander to actually draw BIG arrows and such to share ideas on how to attack; basic attack plan.
- I would like to see at least some MP sniper only missions... Those who don't like to snipe are not obliged to join; they can play something else.
But those who want to snipe, can have fun.
- I would like to see autoupdating system.
- I would like to have a friends list, who I can easily join when playing. Also joining as a group or squad right away should be possible.
---------- Post added at 12:01 ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 ----------
- I would like to see all ARMA 2 maps converted to ARMA 3. Certainly Chernarus. Best tactical map ever.
- I would like to see a more intelligent control setting design: larger screen (now, one can't even overlook all keys attached to one key. Also add keyboard, mouse and joystick columns, separated next to each other. Group all commands together in a more logical way: infantry, ground vehicle, chopper, plane, miscellaneous...
Would make control setting so much easier.
Also add a search function in control settings: Just typing the command, like "prone" should show this right away.
Also add right click to enable easy delete of a function.
Add functions: toggle prone - crouch, toggle crouch - stand, toggle prone - stand
- The "mourning" sound when wounded should become a % health after some minute or so... Or one should be able to mute that. Playing for half an hour or more with that sound is 'hellish'! Once I heard it a few times, I know I am wounded. Realism, ok. But this is still a game. Not a torture chaimber.
- Realism? Fine. But getting into a car can be a pain. For nothing. Just standing next to a vehicle should give ability to go into ANY position of it.
- changing weapons should be more fluid.
I would like to see people who actually do browse the forums and not just randomly pick a thread to post in. I can't understand how people fail to find the ArmA 3 Forum section.
I would like to see people actually knowing what they talk about, not making feature suggestions that already do exist.
I would like to see people actually using the included editor to create the missions they actually would like to play, not expecting everything presented on a silver platter all the time.
I would like to see people actually noting when the last post in a thread was made, not digging up old and dead threads.
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in