Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

31st Normandy mod for ArmA2: WW2

Hey all , having fun with this mod although i have no idea how im going to take out 5 tanks and over a hundred soldiers guarding those arty placements in co_13 balackout " sheesh!"

anyway i havent seen any direct connect to the mission makers but is there an english speach pack for these missions? there is no text and i have no clue what there saying which occasionaly gets me and my boys wiped out! anyway kool mod and i hope to see more ww2 stuff in the future! ( just dont dig the modern stuff )

Keep your heads down and carry on !

There was no language pack released with the beta. 1.00 has it when it's released.

I hope each unit from different country could use their own language. But most important that geman could use some real workds in battle.

I hope each unit from different country could use their own language. But most important that geman could use some real workds in battle.

language packs that aren't part of the game are a lot of work.

Hello,

I have a quick question about the ingame map. When I am in the map editor I can scroll way down in to place units and stuff. However, when I actually play the map and use the ingame map as one of my units, I can't scroll in that far.

I also can't see anything to really give orders because the green circles (trees) take up alot of space. It makes attacking a town sorta difficult when assigning unit orders off the ingame map. Can you adjust this or is there something I am missing?

Thanks in advance!

~SD~

Modifed crews for Assault Gun. Still under work for T-Roc's armor pack. Hope to be included in 1.00 31st Mod.

Assault Gun crews from SS Death Head Division

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

How do I launch V1 missiles or v2 rockets?

I think this has been told few times already, but okey I tell once more...

The launching v1 and v2 works almost identical way (in the game sense). There are few ways to do this

Type 1: V1 - manual launch

1) Place the launch ramp and the control bunker relatively close. Then add a V1 at the begining of the ramp (it will automaticly place it on the ramp).

2) Place a map marker on the map and give it a name (e.g "v1_target")

3) Copy into the init line of the V1 (in the object dialog): Aqu_V1_target=getMarkerPos "V1_target"; If launching several missiles and they have different targets, then Aqu_V1_target=[this, getMarkerPos "v1_target"]; (note: If you want the target marker to be invisible, you can use a gameLogic object and getpos command instead)

4) walk into the bunker and select "Launch" (or something like that...can't remember exactly) next to the command box. This will launch the closest V1 if it is close enough.

Type 2: V1 - scripted launch

1) Place the launch ramp or several (if launching several) (no launch bunker needed). Then add V1s at the begining of the ramps (it will automaticly place them on the ramps).

2) Give V1s a name in the object dialog ( e.g. just "v1_1","v1_2",...) (You need this only if putting the launch line in a trigger etc)

3) Copy into the init line of the V1 (in the object dialog): Aqu_V1_target=getMarkerPos "V1_target"; If launching several missiles and they have different targets, then Aqu_V1_target=[this, getMarkerPos "v1_target"];

4) Add into the object dialog or trigger dialog or script or somewhere..

Aqu_V1_launch=v1_1 or what ever is the name of the rocket

Type 3: He-111 drop

1) Fly in a he-111 carrying the rocket

2) Following the above instruction, you have to give a target to the missile

3) Drop it when roughly facing the target

(note: he-111 is untextured in the beta and the carried v-1 might just drop into the ground - will be fixed in the 1.0)

The V-1 has to face the target (+-30 degrees) or it might not make the turn to the rarget.

For V2, only the type 2 is available. Then you just have to replace V1 with V2 in those commands and names. (note: I think the beta still has the bugged autopilot in the v2..it is fixed, but have to wait for the 1.0)

Wow.....Thanks for the big info! Somehow, I put the map marker over a US base. But it doesn't hit it when I reach the target location! Even when I move the location of the base!

All of troc's work for WW2 will be featured in this mod.

Stug crews didnt got tank destroyer badges unless they left their vehicle and destroyed a tank with a so called "Panzernahkampfmittel", aka panzerschreck, panzerfaust, molotov cocktail or geballte ladung. So i would remove them from their uniforms and give them to the panzergrenadiers instead.

And the Totenkopf was a general sign for the Stug guys, not even sure the Totenkopf division had a stug company.

Edit: After 1942 the Totenkopf Panzerdivision had indeed a stug company. So forget the last part i wrote above.

Edited by Scars09

Wow.....Thanks for the big info! Somehow, I put the map marker over a US base. But it doesn't hit it when I reach the target location! Even when I move the location of the base!

V1 and V2 were not precision weapons. You could hit a target size of city, but hitting a camp size target is pure luck. The larger the distance to the target, the bigger the error could be. With a good luck it could be a direct hit.

Could some one please help me...I was looking for the mod that was released with this mod as well, it had all of the WW 2 air craft released with it as well as some soldiers and extra weapons I believe, if someone could provide a link it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

I think you might be thinking of THE Few. It only has aircraft, no weapons or infantry. Then there was the british one, that's all there is. wx something?, i think it's on armaholic in either the vehicle pack, or module sections.

Stug crews didnt got tank destroyer badges unless they left their vehicle and destroyed a tank with a so called "Panzernahkampfmittel", aka panzerschreck, panzerfaust, molotov cocktail or geballte ladung.

That assumption seems ok. But I actually would like to use them as anti-tank crews as well. Just confused in the late war if the crews in the anti-tank unit or the assault gun almost did the same thing to be used as anti panzer force?

Edited by FKPLACE

Hello all, i made a acount just for this mod! it looks great i only not gonna download the beta i wait for 1.0 but do you guys know how long its going to take, i cant wait any more if its 1 to 2 week,s i wait but if its more then a month i just gonna download the beta any way :P

looks great guys i gonna have a blast with this MOD. Keep it up!

Gr Roekeloos PS: sry for my bad english

That assumption seems ok. But I actually would like to use them as anti-tank crews as well. Just confused in the late war if the crews in the anti-tank unit or the assault gun almost did the same thing to be used as anti panzer force?

the correct german term for this award is "Sonderabzeichen für das Niederkämpfen von Panzerkampfwagen durch Einzelkämpfer" which can be translated as a "special award for the destruction of tanks by lone fighters". every unit that was suposed to destroy tanks as pak and tank crews and later more often stug crews had no chance to get this award. Panzerfaust and panzerschreck were later added (mid 1943) as possible weapons, before that it was magnetic mines, molotov cocktails, satchel charges and geballte ladungen. Highest number of awards to a single soldier were 21 destroyed tanks, 4xgold 1x silver, his right sleeve was pretty much stitched then.

To acknowledge the efforts the stug crews made in destroying enemy tanks they were allowed to get the tank assault badge from december 1944 onwards, before that time they got the normal infantry assault badge. stug crews were allowed a silver tank assaut badge as highest award only, no golden ones were given to them.

Most of the information i got from this site, german only, but maybe with google translator it help you anyway

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Orden/oue.html

Edit: Beside the badges the units look great btw. Not sure if they really would wear a tie in the stug, but some guys tend to be overdresseed whatever they do so no need to change that. On official occasions they would look like that for sure.

Edited by Scars09

I think you mean the crews wouldn't be awarded to such arm badges even if they destroy any tanks in their stug or tank. So usually, only an infantry man is more likely to get such bades. Just a little pity to remove it since it looks nice. When you speak of 'normal infantry assault badge', do you refer to the infantry assault badge that was awarded to the infantry unit or the general assault badge which was awarded to a solider not in the infantry unit? You could see the second pic. That crew is wearing a general assault badge beside the silver tank assault badge. In the first pic, the golden medal is a golden wounded award not tank assault badge.

Edited by FKPLACE

of course you are right, its the genral assault badge not the infantry assault badge. general assault badge and silver tank assault badge is so far correct, but i doubt that both would be worn at the same time. f.e. every1 that got a golden tank assault badge had a silver and a normal one before, they only wear the highest one (the latest they were awarded). i guess if one had a general assault badge 75 or 100 he would wear this instead of the silver tank assault badge, simply cause it shows his achivements more clearly. and the tank assault badge for stug crews were only 6 month in use at all.

in the end its your call if you remove the tank destroyer arm badges, they historically not correct (at least on every unit), but no one force the mod to be 100% historically correct in any detail (which is nearly impossible anyways i think)

it would be a shame if the stug crews have them but the infantry dont, so maybe just make sure that the infantry get them aswell.

I've been playing around with the tanks and other AFV:s, and I wonder if there really is supposed to be so much smoke when firing. Is this to make it historically accurate? Did the guns of this period produce that much smoke?

It's making it very difficult for me to hit anything, as you can not see where your shots land.

can someone make a nice movie like 101st jumps at night above normandy with 88,s and flakvierling,s firing and you need to take them out or assault a farm. a nice movie like 10min :P

(just like BoB)

So... Excuse me for being a newbie, but are the helis skinned to make it look WW2ish?

If so, I need this game and a good amount of people to play it with so much...

So... Excuse me for being a newbie, but are the helis skinned to make it look WW2ish?

If so, I need this game and a good amount of people to play it with so much...

Uh.....helicopters weren't really used during WWII. They were really new and came out too late before the war ended.

http://www.olive-drab.com/od_medical_evac_helio_ww2.php

They have a few cases of recon helo's and what not.