Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

31st Normandy mod for ArmA2: WW2

Ok a little update on my CTD problems. I did what I was advised to do and re-downloaded the mod again, left it on overnight so there would be no interruptions to the process. I woke up and tried it out, it seemed to work perfectly. Later on when I loaded up ARMA2 and tried to use the units I got a CTD everytime...it's weird. :confused:

I hope you sort out this CTD issue in the next patch, looking forward to it.

Edit: I should also mention I'm running it with ACE2, I don't see how that would cause the problem because it worked yesterday perfectly well, but I'm just adding that in.

Edited by Sky999

Hi sky999, there is a unit class called"US Inf" that gives CTD,avoid those and play with the other units, plenty more in there:D

cya

@MancSpartan here is a video that might help you get started with the mission editor:

Thanks Armydude.

Cheers

Spartan

About new vehicle types...Lot things are to still coming. The number of versions is bit uncertain but roughly these at some point. There are others too, but they are not so close to release.

Allied:

- Willys Jeep (open, closed, 0.3 mg, 0.5 mg,+maybe others) for US, Brits, Canadians(?)

- DUKW textured (unless Rip published it already yesterday)

- Bedford QL trucks for Brits (c same types as there are now in CCKW)

- Destroyer for Brits (forgot the name or class at this point)

- Liberty Ship

Axis:

- SdKfz-234/1, /2, /3, /4

- BMW R75 (sidecar + mg)

- He-111 H in various versions

- Nebelwerfer 42 (there should be NW41 and Wurframen already in the mod)

- S-100 torpedo boat (bit later)

- KarlGerät 040 (bit later)

Ships are bit lower in priority right now and they might come when the first harbours are put on the map.

Hi sky999, there is a unit class called"US Inf" that gives CTD,avoid those and play with the other units, plenty more in there:D

cya

I'll try it out and see If they're the cause but I doubt it.

I'm sure most of the times I've got CTDs were not using US inf but just 101st, 82nd, and SS units. It seems to not be so much an individual unit but every single unit.

In that case Rip might want to look into making this ACE2 compatible.

After hours of various disabled/enabled Addons it works, most.

Can you fix the prefab Groups? I hate it to create my own squads.

Your groups makes the game crash :D.

The next mission will be up soon.

dihussrm1s.jpg

You can see the vanguard of the attacking 666th Soviet Guards Army.

They are nicknamed 'The Faces' because of their Mod attitude (just look at that exquisite tank camo!) and their rather disturbing habbit of nailing the skinned faces of their victims onto their helmets.

D.

They are nicknamed 'The Faces' because of their Mod attitude (just look at that exquisite tank camo!) and their rather disturbing habbit of nailing the skinned faces of their victims onto their helmets.

haha, lol!:)

I have released a noobish mission for this awesome mod:

link (101st Airborne capturing the hill and V1 launch site from Germans)

Don't remember which modder I was discussing hydraulic motor spun turrets with but here I have a quote from Panzerkrieg: The Rise and Fall of Hitler's Tank Divisions by Peter McCarthy and Mike Syron. "In earlier tanks, this traverse was manual, but from the Tiger on, turrets were so heavy, they had to be rotated by a hydraulic motor." If it is possible to replace the whirring sound of the hydraulic motor when turrets turn with a squeak of a hand crank on the appropriate tanks, it would be awesome.

Pretty sure that the Tiger's hydraulic motor only worked when the engines were running. If engines were off it was back to hand cranking. Maybe someone more knowledgeable can confirm.

I have released a noobish mission for this awesome mod:

link (101st Airborne capturing the hill and V1 launch site from Germans)

Thanks!

Keep the missions coming.

Still working on various CTD issues. Do not try to pregroup inf in the editor. I believe I posted that before. They are not configured for that yet.

Pretty sure that the Tiger's hydraulic motor only worked when the engines were running. If engines were off it was back to hand cranking. Maybe someone more knowledgeable can confirm.

From the before mentioned source it sounds like it was a separate motor for the turret. My nit picky complaint earlier (when we were still using the mods in development thread) was that all the tanks have the sound of a whirring hydraulic engine when the turret and gun move and I think it should be replaced with a hand cranking sound. But I'm just picky.:p

From the before mentioned source it sounds like it was a separate motor for the turret. My nit picky complaint earlier (when we were still using the mods in development thread) was that all the tanks have the sound of a whirring hydraulic engine when the turret and gun move and I think it should be replaced with a hand cranking sound. But I'm just picky.:p

I don't find it picky : it's very easy to implement (change the soundgear entry) and this kind of details makes a mod immersive or not.

I don't find it picky : it's very easy to implement (change the soundgear entry) and this kind of details makes a mod immersive or not.

They do have a bunch of stuff they are working on though so it shouldn't necessarily be a priority.

"These tanks are as ugly as sin???????"

No those look great, are they in the beta release? All I found was a Sherman with a -very- basic model and a texture that looked like 1x1pixels, where do I find these?

The only tanks I found of that quality were the big old German/Russian packs from ArmA1, I think it was?

"If you test with "all compatibility ends" mod (ace) how can you tell where the fault is?"

Because I had read somewhere it was compatible with ACE. Anyway, using it without ACE now and rocket bug seems to have gone. Don't get me wrong guys, I love the work, and I appreciate that it is largely a compilation from older addons - I have been following the scene since OFP and played mods such as Lib41-45, inv44 and Berlin45 so I appreciate the route all of this content has taken. I do think however that the low quality Sherman I was talking about should be taken out, the other inconsistencies dont matter so much, adding the new maps to the model should glass over most of them but when the model is that low detail... just doesnt work.

On a less whiny note, I have been working hard to include some of the best content in some AAS PvP missions on Hurtgenwald etc. I hear many of you are looking for servers to play this on so if you are around tonight I could do with a hand testing them. I will be hosting a private test server shortly (my in-game name is PFC. Callaghan (XML will may show me as a member of 1st-ID if it decides to work, otherwise just filter for Hurtgenwald in mission/map name and you should find it). So far I have a fairly solid WW2 AAS template with replaced AI ammo scripts etc, just need to fine tune, balance units, and work out how to get people to spawn in without modern weapons without destroying AAS with my own home-made scripts. Hope to see you guys on, thanks for the great mod.

Edit - some notes. 1. PzSchreck should maybe be a little more powerful or the light vehicles made weaker - 2 side hits to take out a halftrack, should only be one; maybe the faust would take 2 for balancing reasons, but def not their most powerful AT, i'm assuming its the same for the Bazooka. 2. Kubelwagen could do with a few more mph, really is too slow on hard roads regardless of its age. 3. What is the main difference between the VIL and RW weapons? Who is/was RW? Never heard of them/him/her. Noticed there are some config differences that would make significant differences online, such as the rw 98K having a significantly faster bolt than the Vilas one.

Edited by 7-75 Callaghan
Life, love, art

side hits to take out a halftrack, should only be one; maybe the faust would take 2 for balancing reasons, but def not their most powerful AT, i'm assuming its the same for the Bazooka

the panzerfaust could penetrate thicker armor then the panzerschreck, panzerschreck advantage was effective range, not the armor penetration

Currently this mod is not ACE compatible. None of the ACE classes have been added to any of our classes. This mod is self sufficient for now. As far as any future compatibility with ACE, it's just a question of taking the time...and a lot of work in the configs.

Any volunteers?

It seems the AI mortar seldom fires or not sensitive enough to find the enemy. By way, could AI carry the motar or heavy machine gun to move forward as once said in the forum?

the panzerfaust could penetrate thicker armor then the panzerschreck, panzerschreck advantage was effective range, not the armor penetration

I know, thats why I said for balancing reasons, typically in games the schreck is more expensive in points or whatever cos of the range. Regardless, should not take 2 rockets to take out an open-topped light halftrack from the side

Even though this isn't compatable with ACE, I haven't had many problems using this mod with ACE. Neither of them change each other or make one majorly different do they?

It seems the AI mortar seldom fires or not sensitive enough to find the enemy. By way, could AI carry the motar or heavy machine gun to move forward as once said in the forum?

I can't vouch for the ai manipulation of the mortar. Aqu could further answer questions on that. However I do know the mortar can be broken down and moved by ai so long as they are commanded to do so.

I know, thats why I said for balancing reasons, typically in games the schreck is more expensive in points or whatever cos of the range. Regardless, should not take 2 rockets to take out an open-topped light halftrack from the side

One of the things we wanted to achieve is balance, which we are working on. One example of that: Right now only the US has a mortar, we are currently working on adding a german mortar. Many more balancing issues are on the chalk boards. This includes weapon damage systems. Some of these weapons are very destructive and include effects that are too large.

Edited by Rip31st

I love this mod so far. I only have 3 "issues" with it

#1 - The organization of the units is all over the place, I played around with the mod for about an hour & I don't think i've even seen all the vehicles yet. Is it possible to create your own section? Or maybe a subsection under empty?

#2 - The old Sherman really needs to be scrapped, the knew ones looks fantastic so there shouldn't be much of a problem if the old one is removed should there?

#3 - The textures on alot of the vehicles could use improvement.

*P.S. - Is the DUKW supposed to be completely white in this beta? I also see about 4 tanks with white treads. I'm not sure if these are because those parts are WIP or if my download screwed up, I ask because previous people with this issue were told their download was messed up, while mine had no issues.*