Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

31st Normandy mod for ArmA2: WW2

Hey, I was just playing and I noticed that the American troops where speaking Russian, and the German troops where speaking English. Um...??

Yes you are correct. The older vil ww2 class inf will do that until I reconfigure them for the 1.00 release.

Yes there are a couple vehicles that are still WIP, again this is a beta release. Also it has been said you can't currently create and try to spawn a group in the editor, the game will crash. Please use single inf for now. It's easy to manually set up a customized squad.

I just place a USMC or Russian Squad and replace them with their closet German or American Relative.

Also some of the vehicles have Russian or USMC Crews instead of German and American.

Edited by (2142)Gen.Reaper

a small (bug?) report:

The PaK 38 seems to be able to take a huge amount of damage. You have to score several full hits with the StuG III G AP rounds to destroy it.

Also, one of it's crew can't be killed by small arms fire, sometimes (I can't tell when it's possible and when it's not).

Thanks for the quick first patch!

I get an instant crash to desktop every time I try and load a map with the ww2 units unfortunately. I hope this is all fixed in the version 1.0 release because I was really looking forward to this, it looks amazing.

The first time it crashed was after adding a few troops and a tiger tank to a village in Normandy. The error message, although I can't remember exactly what it said, was along the lines of 'Can't find 3d soldier' or something similar to that.

I loaded up ARMA2 again to see if it was maybe just a specific unit that was causing the crashes but after loading up the Hurtgenwald map and placing a single SS nco on the map, the second I tried to load it, I got an instand CTD.

Not sure what is going wrong. The only thing I can think might have happened is the download may have been corrupted. It happened on the first Armaholic link, but it is unlikely this was the case as no message of corruption was found and it seemed to have finished at the appropriate time.

1) Place the launch ramp and V1 (+ the bunker if want manual launch)

2) Give V1 name in the object dialog ( e.g. just "v1") (EDIT: You need this only if putting the launch line in a trigger etc)

3) Place a map marker on the map and give it a name (e.g "v1_target")

4) Copy into the init line of the V1 (in the object dialog): Aqu_V1_target=getMarkerPos "V1_target"; or if launching several missiles and they have different targets, then Aqu_V1_target=[this, getMarkerPos "v1_target"];

That's how. ;D

I just place a USMC or Russian Squad and replace them with their closet German or American Relative.

Also some of the vehicles have Russian or USMC Crews instead of German and American.

Right, we are aware of this. Everything is in its beta state, and we are making changes. Thank you!

Here is the update that addresses infantry respawning without weapons in multiplayer (please read the text portion on the update page for that). Also This fix takes care of the single player issue respawning with modern weapons. This also adds mortars to each parent group of US infantry.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9755

I get an instant crash to desktop every time I try and load a map with the ww2 units unfortunately.

Do not use the vilas units... they have some problems at the moment, there are loads of other units though that work pretty much perfectly.

Do not use the vilas units... they have some problems at the moment, there are loads of other units though that work pretty much perfectly.

Nope none of them had VIL at the start of their names? I was just using regular german troops and vehicles, no polish troops or anything else to do with Vilas.

EDIT: Been testing it out and every single unit so far that I've put in causes a crash to desktop.

Edited by Sky999

Nope none of them had VIL at the start of their names? I was just using regular german troops and vehicles, no polish troops or anything else to do with Vilas.

EDIT: Been testing it out and every single unit so far that I've put in causes a crash to desktop.

Try to download the mod again, if every unit is crasing to desktop then you have some serious problems.

I don´t see any Addon?

I downloaded it and startet via "@31stWWA2" (/addons/all-the-pbos).

But there is no new Addon in my Unit List, what did I do wrong?

Is there anyway to get the landing craft to unload troops? I give the landing craft a "TRANSPORT UNLOAD" way point but all he does is move very slowly then, take off to the other side of the beach :/

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -World=empty -noSplash -mod=@31stWWA2

Or just add "-World=empty -noSplash -mod=@31stWWA2" to your current arma 2 shortcut.

Or look for the addon starter, i.e linebackers arma2 launcher, hope helps :)

this mod is massive a lot of work its BETA there is missing crew or wrong crew and other stuff that will crash game open pbo check config fix it and there u go or wait till these guyz get it done

A little strange, why the mod is still in Discussion Thread?

Or look for the addon starter, i.e linebackers arma2 launcher, hope helps :)

Arma Launcher is a Addon Starter :D.

Mh without any Mods only 31st Normandy Mod, it works.

I see all ww2 Units...weird.

because there's 2 phases left of it as far as i know matey :)

Downloading still not completed. Any guys could put some screens for gaming? Very curious what those troops look like from the Mod.

because there's 2 phases left of it as far as i know matey :)

phases? wha?

basically this initial release is part I these's still part II and III to go