Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

31st Normandy mod for ArmA2: WW2

Hi, thx to all the guys that helpt on the 31st

@MacScottie; did you play it with any other mods,cause i didn have any off the problems you mentioned, and was this in SP or MP?

So your units start with weapons and grenades are usable? Hmm... It was MP. I'll check SP and see if I get the same errors. And these errors occur with vanilla and with ACE on. I tried both. Vanilla first. Everyone I play with have the same problems.

I also forgot to mention that all the gearboxes under VIL Ammo are invisible and only have around 2 weapons each. For example the US Ammo box only has the 2 garands and 2 thompsons.

edit: Well I tried in single player and units spawn with weapons and grenades work just fine.

Edited by MacScottie

There is a German jeep in the FFS section of Empty. Explore the empty sections because there is a lot of other stuff there.

Where r these empty sections i can t find it ?

In the editor, once you've placed an entity as the player, you can choose for your second entity to be the object type 'empty' (other choices are 'blufor', 'opfor', 'civilians', 'animals'...).

i.e. There are plenty more objects and vehicles without crew in the 'empty' class under 'FFS'.

@Hroudlan - At first glance, I thought that second image was a screenshot. You know it's late.

Edited by Richey79

Dumb, yes. Especially because that shouldn't be a problem if the infantry is set correctly. Grpf...well maybe you can think it is realistic. If I were a normal GI Joe I think I would keep my hands away from mortars. They can be deadly if you are not taught to use them.

If you are carrying the mortar, select it, then face where you want to set it. Then just click, wait few secs an voila.

He was saying that there is only one class with only one mortar soldier available. The 2nd rangers, 101st Airborne, 82nd Airborne, etc don't have mortar soldiers.

i don't know if it been said and its not a racist thing I am black but I don't think there should be black guys in the German army so I think that should be fixed I only saw it in vails ww2 units

i don't know if it been said and its not a racist thing I am black but I don't think there should be black guys in the German army so I think that should be fixed I only saw it in vails ww2 units

There were black soldiers in the Arab volunteer units ("Freies Arabien") that the Germans had. Whether there were any in the regular formations, and whether or not they fought in Normandy, I do not know. But a black soldier in the German army is not necessarily incorrect, as blacks were not allowed to join the SA, SS or Hitler Jugend, but otherwise, they were treated much like any other "Arian" German, not prosecuted like the Jews were (there were far fewer blacks than there were Jews in pre-1942 Germany, so this last bit is sketchy imo due to a lack of sources). I guess it would be best if this "feature" were taken out though, too many people will bug the team about it :p

http://img190.echo.cx/img190/4579/arabesarmeeallemande25jl.jpg

there is a lot of bugz man your team need like 40 people to work on these bugs this is massive mod

JUST WOW thanks a lot for effort

There is alot of missing textures, crew problems, and there is some units that crash the game.

I think top prioty right should be fixing the above problems before adding more stuff.

Also, Is it a bug that Shermans die in one hit from a Tiger or a panther?

Edited by (2142)Gen.Reaper

There is alot of missing textures, crew...

Also, Is it a bug that Shermans die in one hit from a Tiger or a panther?

nope, it was exactly that way in real life...

I will have a fix for the infantry respawning with modern weapons later tonight...keep an eye out.

I will add a set of mortars for each set of infantry.

Edited by Rip31st

I don't know if it was said but i noticed that some of the vehicles don't have any texture they're white. And in editor i can't make groups of soldiers only the single soldiers.

Yes there are a couple vehicles that are still WIP, again this is a beta release. Also it has been said you can't currently create and try to spawn a group in the editor, the game will crash. Please use single inf for now. It's easy to manually set up a customized squad.

anybody else have this problem, when i try a mission in editor, no probs, when i go multiplayer i dont have weapons lol

anybody else have this problem, when i try a mission in editor, no probs, when i go multiplayer i dont have weapons lol

I am currently working on this...I will have a fix up soon.

(...) but otherwise, they were treated much like any other "Arian" German, not prosecuted like the Jews were (there were far fewer blacks than there were Jews in pre-1942 Germany, so this last bit is sketchy imo due to a lack of sources). http://img190.echo.cx/img190/4579/arabesarmeeallemande25jl.jpg

German troops killed a lot of French black prisoners from the colonial troops during the 1940 invasion, for the only one reason that they were black people. It's quite obvious that they don't treat them as "other arians".

@Hroudlan - At first glance, I thought that second image was a screenshot. You know it's late.

Thanks for thinking my video card is that powerful! :p I wish it was PHOTO realistic.

IF you're playing multiplayer online, you need the following code in your init.sqf file inside your mission folder before you pbo it:

//Multiplayer weapons spawning fix

private ["_weapons","_magazines"];

if (local player) THEN

{

sleep 2;

//restore default loadout of chosen class - for unknown reasons, this fixes the grenade bug

removeallweapons player;

removeallItems player;

_weapons = getArray (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> format ["%1",typeOf player] >> "weapons");

_magazines = getArray (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> format ["%1",typeOf player] >> "magazines");

{player addmagazine _x;} foreach _magazines;

{player addweapon _x;} foreach _weapons;

//this makes sure that even the 31stN units have the essentials

IF !(player hasWeapon "ItemCompass") THEN {player addWeapon "ItemCompass"};

IF !(player hasWeapon "ItemMap") THEN {player addWeapon "ItemMap"};

//IF !(player hasWeapon "ItemRadio") THEN {player addWeapon "ItemRadio"};

IF !(player hasWeapon "ItemWatch") THEN {player addWeapon "ItemWatch"};

//select weapon so respawned units may shoot at once

if (count weapons player > 0) then

{

player selectWeapon (_weapons select 0);

};

};

Thanks to Dimitri_Harkov for this code previously in this thread!

check the rpt file, you overwrite several base classes which could be avoided, there are around 10 conflicting addon entries refering to a burners_dodge, missing sounds and several other issues.

the sherman commander cant command his gunner to fire and my computer froze as soon the sherman with me as commander got knocked out completly, maybe missing destruction effects, not sure.

anyway i finally have some us tanks to play on huertgenwald, thx for that, hope you tidy the stuff a little in the future, but for now im happy as it is :bounce3:

Conflicting addon 31stWC in 'eca_horsa\', previous definition in 'burners_dodge\'

Conflicting addon 31stWC in 'johns_88\', previous definition in 'burners_dodge\'

Conflicting addon 31stWC in 'rip31st_bf109e1\', previous definition in 'burners_dodge\'

Conflicting addon 31stWC in 'rip31st_go242\', previous definition in 'burners_dodge\'

Conflicting addon 31stWC in 'rip31st_he111\', previous definition in 'burners_dodge\'

Conflicting addon 31stWC in 'rip31st_ju52\', previous definition in 'burners_dodge\'

Conflicting addon 31stWC in 'rip31st_lancaster\', previous definition in 'burners_dodge\'

Conflicting addon 31stWC in 'rip31st_lcm3\', previous definition in 'burners_dodge\'

Conflicting addon 31stWC in 'rip31st_m101\', previous definition in 'burners_dodge\'

Conflicting addon 31stWC in 'rip31st_m26\', previous definition in 'burners_dodge\'

Conflicting addon 31stWC in 'rip31st_m4a4\', previous definition in 'burners_dodge\'

Conflicting addon 31stWC in 'rip31st_pak38\', previous definition in 'burners_dodge\'

Conflicting addon 31stWC in 'rip31st_panther\', previous definition in 'burners_dodge\'

Conflicting addon 31stWC in 'rip31st_pz3f\', previous definition in 'burners_dodge\'

Conflicting addon 31stWC in 'rip31st_pz4h\', previous definition in 'burners_dodge\'

Conflicting addon 31stWC in 'rip31st_r667_kwk5cm\', previous definition in 'burners_dodge\'

Conflicting addon 31stWC in 'rip31st_spit\', previous definition in 'burners_dodge\'

Conflicting addon 31stWC in 'rip31st_tiger1\', previous definition in 'burners_dodge\'

Updating base class ->Man, by rwsold\config.bin/CfgVehicles/CAManBase/

Updating base class Soldier->CAManBase, by rwsold\config.bin/CfgVehicles/SoldierWB/

Updating base class ->LauncherCore, by rwweap\config.bin/cfgWeapons/Launcher/

Updating base class ->Plane, by thefew\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Few_AIR_base/

Updating base class ->ViewPilot, by thefew\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Few_AIR_base/ViewPilot/

Updating base class default->, by vilww2\config.bin/CfgSkeletons/OFP2_ManSkeleton/

Updating base class CAManBase->Soldier, by vilww2\config.bin/CfgVehicles/SoldierGB/

Updating base class CAManBase->Soldier, by vilww2\config.bin/CfgVehicles/SoldierWB/

Updating base class CAManBase->Soldier, by vilww2\config.bin/CfgVehicles/SoldierEB/

Updating base class ->Bo_FAB_250, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgAmmo/Bo_Mk82/

Updating base class TalkTopics->TalkTopics, by csj_ww2pilot\config.bin/CfgVehicles/SoldierEB/TalkTopics/

Updating base class TalkTopics->TalkTopics, by csj_ww2pilot\config.bin/CfgVehicles/SoldierWB/TalkTopics/

Updating base class ->SoldierWB, by csj_ww2pilot\config.bin/CfgVehicles/USMC_Soldier_Base/

Updating base class Turrets->, by rip31st_lancaster\config.bin/CfgVehicles/StaticMGWeapon/Turrets/

Updating base class MainTurret->NewTurret, by rip31st_lancaster\config.bin/CfgVehicles/StaticMGWeapon/Turrets/MainTurret/

Updating base class KIA_RHIB_Cargo->DefaultDie, by rip31st_lcm3\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/Zodiac_Dead/

Updating base class All->Land, by aqu_catalina\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Static/

Updating base class BulletBase->Aqu_B_30mm_MK101, by aqu_ww2cannons\config.bin/CfgAmmo/Aqu_B_30mm_MK108/

Updating base class Turrets->, by alper_scharnhorst\config.bin/CfgVehicles/StaticCannon/Turrets/

Updating base class ->VehicleMagazine, by aqu_ww2bombs\config.bin/CfgMagazines/Aqu_Bomb_Mag_base/

Updating base class ->BombLauncher, by aqu_ww2bombs\config.bin/CfgWeapons/Aqu_AirTorpedoLauncher/

String STR_MN_HAND_GRENADE_TIMED not found

No class GrenadeHandTimed

No ammo class GrenadeHandTimed

Error loading control bin\config.bin/RscDisplayArcadeUnit/controls/CA_ValueFaction/

Error loading control bin\config.bin/RscDisplayArcadeUnit/controls/CA_ValueClass/

Error loading control bin\config.bin/RscDisplayArcadeUnit/controls/CA_ValueVehicle/

Error loading control bin\config.bin/RscDisplayArcadeUnit/controls/CA_ValueFaction/

Error loading control bin\config.bin/RscDisplayArcadeUnit/controls/CA_ValueClass/

Error loading control bin\config.bin/RscDisplayArcadeUnit/controls/CA_ValueVehicle/

2nd UV set needed, but not defined in ReportStack not available

No class FFS_15mm

No ammo class FFS_15mm

Error: Failed to open file rwweap\sound\gar_reload.wav

Cannot find a sound file rwweap\sound\gar_reload.wav

Warning: Shadow volume 'rwubp\sherm76b.p3d' has got irrelevant selection 'pasoffsetp'

Warning: Shadow volume 'rwubp\sherm76b.p3d' has got irrelevant selection 'pasoffsetl'

Warning: Shadow volume 'rwubp\sherm75.p3d' has got irrelevant selection 'pasoffsetp'

Warning: Shadow volume 'rwubp\sherm75.p3d' has got irrelevant selection 'pasoffsetl'

Hi, here is a buglist i made off the West side, gone need more time to make german buglist, but this is what I get when playing with Arma2+31stNormandy

(no mods,only some extra maps-addons)

Gone puth it like its show in editor- here go's

Soviet union WW2-Chernarus Inf.->works fine, only they have modern weapons but looks great

TheFew-> no problems

Chernarus-31stWC-> Dodge31st CTD when placed manned in editor(invalid crew 2nd 2_2)

US WW2-inf.all fine and looking good,only when looking in "gear" you dont see the weapon Icon in your inventory,only the ammo is shown(its just icon thats missing weapon itself is fine.+ all weapons seems to fire tracers rounds)

US WW2-Air:

-> A-20C Havoc engine sounds is a short loop off couple seconds that makes engine sounds bad but texture is ok

-> Dakota Skytrain, missing control pane texture in cockpit but rest off texture is ok and paradrop works 2(only did 1 quick test)

-> P38 getting error (cannot load material file aqu_p38\tex\destruct.Rvmat)+sound is same like with havoc(short loop) texture is ok

-> Catalina, missing body texture and with the 8x250lb get a hint message when start in game (IT is NIL) when in dakota i got a debug message.

Cars:

->GMC CCKW 2.5T truck is ok (only have a desert color texture)

->GMC DUKW Missing body texture, tarp is ok, (glad to see a nice amfibic veh.)

Armor: didn find a problem here

Armorcrew: is also ok, only they have different weapons then other units!(while most units fire tracerfire the armorcrews dont and the sounds is different 2)

US Inf: Big CTD (windows mess:error occured had to close arma)

Static: Mortar works fine and great to rain terror on enemy positions

Support: Truck are fine and work properly

WW2 2nd Inf.:works fine, only same like other Inf. missing Wpn icon and tracer fire.

Vilas WW2: works fine but seems to be different weapons,

GB WW2. air:

->Lancaster: error message(cannot load material file rip31st_lancaster\main_destruct.Rvmat)but texures are ok,so are the loadouts(some big bombs in there)

->Dakota:same like US version(missing cockpit textures,but rest looks ok)

->BostonMKIIIA(GB):Also same like US version(short soundloop)but textures are ok

Britisch 50thID-> all fine

Vilas UK WW2-> also fine( no problems)

Poland WW2-> works fine

Other-31stWC:

->Horsa and spitfire are ok, no CTD only message(cannot load material file CA\data\Camel_West.Rvmat)

->LCM3,105MM houwitzer, persing, sherman:CTD when placed manned in editor(Mess. Invalid crew 101_light) placed empty no problem.

Axis Armor captured: works ok, only thing is that there on the west side but are manned by german troops?

Static: Bofor 40mm AA, CTD when placed manned (Invalid crew Civilian)

Think thats pretty mutch all errors that are showing in editor only for WEST side, mayby somebody can find something I missed,

If anything is not clear to you guys just ask and I will explain:D

Having great fun with the Beta and cant wait to see more stuff!

Cya

There are a total of 9 pbo's that contain infantry in the mod. Each pbo has a few subsets of infantry. There are two complete sets of WW2 weapons that are used for these infantry and two different sound packs for these weapons.

There is also a set of modern era soviet inf included in the mod as a bonus from Agamoth.

UPDATE:

Currently uploading a fix that addresses the weapons spawning issues, add's 60mm mortar class to all parent US infantry classes. Also a multiplayer fix is included in the text file to address the same issue of spawning/respawning without proper weapons.

Will post links when available.

as i am just working on the omahabeach mission, i really need a static MG42, small tripod, or big one.

Is there anything like that in the mod already and i just cannot find it?

There is not, however I have models for them and can add them (mg42, .30 cal & .50 call - all static versions). It will take a bit of work.

Thank you for the list Sgt Spoetnik, very helpful. We are addressing many of the issues.

Yes we snuck in some very nice looking modern era soviet inf as a bonus that was provided to us by Agamoth, he did a fantastic job on them so we couldn't pass them up.

Edited by Rip31st

Hey, I was just playing and I noticed that the American troops where speaking Russian, and the German troops where speaking English. Um...??