Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

31st Normandy mod for ArmA2: WW2

Pisatel and me start working at our "savin privat ryan" campaign :)

but for the 1st mission:

landing on omaha beach, sector dog_green/charlie we definitly need the ported map from Beton, Arma1 omahabeach high tide.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=4938

if anyone is interested in helping us (scripting, ideas, research), pls write a PM to me.

Been having a blast despite some problems. I've found that if you set up a battle in the editor then make a save while in-game, you get a ctd when trying to load from your savegame.

No error message is displayed. Also get ctd when trying to use any of the Vilas units.

GqchatarN, a mod is going to smite thee from a great height about the size of those images soon!!!!!!!

P.S. are the Lancaster pilots drunk? the ai pilots "corkscrew" like they've got a squadron of bandits on their tale. Also they bomb at such a low altitude by default that they blow their own wings off from the bomb-blasts.

:bounce3::bounce3::bounce3:

Edited by archsceptic.

The groupings are not configured so they will cause a crash. Some of the older ported ArmA1 models will crash the game unless they are spawned empty... Also some of the lancaster bombs are huge so try flying higher.

We will take care of those issues.

congrats on the release mate.. and great work everyone..

when I get arround to it, I'll add some civilians\resistance units

gonna Try it right a way rip31st 1e ww2 public ww2 mod in aa2 THX guys (girls?}

I have the mod set up and everything is working/looking great!

But i have no german infantry available to select in the editor.

I didn't think that they were released in this beta utnil i saw GqchatarN's screenshots.

Any ideas why they are not showing up in the editor?

(i am using CBA)

there are 87 items in the addons folder, correct?

no weapons appear to be showing up either

Edited by dax01

How do I set up the mortar?

Ok so upon some messing around I noticed that only the mortar soldier can redeploy a mortar, thats kind of dumb. The 101st had mortar soldiers jump in, as did a lot of other groups. Will that be fixed/changed?

Edited by Naserve

Why looks like Operation or Arma 1? Is in low res? is the texture? Sorry I´m new in This Simulator

Great addon so far, a lot of content in this, definitely going to be a lot of fun. Obviously lots still do do on it being beta and all but its going to be epic when completed.

lots of stuff to be done I see but this is a great start guys keep it up

Hey guys great job, but are there any other links? the ones I try are giving me 30 k and lower says its gonna take upwards of 8 hours to dl.

Didn't have much time to test last night, but the size of the terrain is amazing. It took me 15 minutes to drive between two towns.

Since I haven't seen official word on where to report bugs I'm going to start here:

Any units connected to a player will start without weapons. Whether they are AI or other players.

All anti-tank launchers(bazooka, panzerfaust, etc) rounds explode about 15 feet in after they are launched, regardless of direction.

Grenades of all types do not work.

When a unit respawns, it has modern weapons.

The range of almost all weapons is extremely short. For example, the m1903 round starts dropping harshly at about 100m. It's maximum range seems to be between 200-300m The bullet shouldn't start losing velocity/height until around 500m, and it's maximum range should be around 800-1000 meters. This is applicable to all heavy caliber weapons I've tested. M-1, K-98, M-1903, etc.

The BAR recoils pretty badly even when prone.

Many of the tank models had purple track textures when I put them down in the editor.

When dismounting a tank, you pop out about 20 feet in the air and take fall damage when you land.

-With all that said, this mod is absolutely amazing. Here is a screen of my unit doing a mission earlier:

arma22010030421012264.png

I haver to say THANK YOU GUYS FOR THIS GREAT MOD!!! Its so much fun to play with it! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!! :yay::yay::bounce3:

Now I go back to my campaign! :war:

Hi, thx to all the guys that helpt on the 31st normandy mod for releasing this beta,came along very nice accept for some minor and some bigger bugs but nothing big(some missing weapons and textures)

gone try to give a detailed buglist soon(only did West side and independant)

the map(s)are looking really good, only the Normandy map could need a grass surface insted of the dark mud color it have now,but its indeed a Big map:D

keep it up guys great work!!!

@MacScottie; did you play it with any other mods,cause i didn have any off the problems you mentioned, and was this in SP or MP?

Are there any landing craft? I can't seem to find it....

Its called the "LCM3", put it down empty though because its more than likely the game will crash if you select it via BLUFOR.

Really excited about this one, but i'll wait until the CTDs are fixed.

the Normandy map could need a grass surface insted of the dark mud color it have now

Indeed, it looks so dark when you look over a big field etc..:)

Indeed, it looks so dark when you look over a big field etc..:)

It's the sat mask that does that. I can lighten it up and add more colors to it.

Its called the "LCM3", put it down empty though because its more than likely the game will crash if you select it via BLUFOR.

Yeah that's one of the older models from ArmA1 that will do that. Those will be fixed in time so they don't cause that. Just spawn them empty and crew them afterwards. There are getin commands that can be found and used in the init lines of each player that spawns or it can be scripted, or if you're commanding ai you can just tell them to get in.

Since I haven't seen official word on where to report bugs I'm going to start here:

Any units connected to a player will start without weapons. Whether they are AI or other players.

All anti-tank launchers(bazooka, panzerfaust, etc) rounds explode about 15 feet in after they are launched, regardless of direction.

Grenades of all types do not work.

When a unit respawns, it has modern weapons.

The range of almost all weapons is extremely short. For example, the m1903 round starts dropping harshly at about 100m. It's maximum range seems to be between 200-300m The bullet shouldn't start losing velocity/height until around 500m, and it's maximum range should be around 800-1000 meters. This is applicable to all heavy caliber weapons I've tested. M-1, K-98, M-1903, etc.

The BAR recoils pretty badly even when prone.

Many of the tank models had purple track textures when I put them down in the editor.

When dismounting a tank, you pop out about 20 feet in the air and take fall damage when you land.

-With all that said, this mod is absolutely amazing. Here is a screen of my unit doing a mission earlier:

Not sure about players spawning without weapons besides some of the medics and crewmen. With the AT weapons did you try using a higher angle of launch? I know there are two complete WW2 weapons packs in this mod and they are independant of each other. One of the packs launchers kind of toss rounds not to far out when you aim it level with the ground, the other has a higher rate of velocity and goes much further. I will look into the windage of the other weapons and see whats up. Will check out the recoil on the bars that are in the mod. If you have purple track textures, then I highly recommend redownloading and reinstalling. Maybe post a screen shot of it, so we can understand that one. The get in, get out on some tanks is quiet high on some models, we can adjust that.

Hi, thx to all the guys that helpt on the 31st normandy mod for releasing this beta,came along very nice accept for some minor and some bigger bugs but nothing big(some missing weapons and textures)

gone try to give a detailed buglist soon(only did West side and independant)

the map(s)are looking really good, only the Normandy map could need a grass surface insted of the dark mud color it have now,but its indeed a Big map:D

keep it up guys great work!!!

@MacScottie; did you play it with any other mods,cause i didn have any off the problems you mentioned, and was this in SP or MP?

If you guys find texture errors, let us know. Chances are it will be a "cannot load material" because the rvmats weren't copied during the bin process of some models. Those are easy quick fixes.

Thanks all for the comments!

Edited by Rip31st

It's the sat mask that does that. I can lighten it up and add more colors to it.

Do that! It'll be awesome:)