Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

31st Normandy mod for ArmA2: WW2

Aqu is there anyway that the player can be in the turrent and the AI as the pilot? There is no " Play as gunner " option.

Aqu is there anyway that the player can be in the turrent and the AI as the pilot? There is no " Play as gunner " option.

best read through csj's 'the few' thread I know I read the answer in there

I redownloaded n reinstalled, problem is still there.

=> Restart Arma2 !!

go into the editor load up a map to place units

=> first unit to place and preview

BLUFOR - Great Britain WW2 - British 50th ID error

BLUFOR - Great Britain WW2 - WW2 (VIL) error

BLUFOR - Poland WW2 - WW2 (VIL) error

BLUFOR - US WW2 - WW2 (VIL) error

Unit will sink into the ground , config error.

If you select any other unit first (preview) and place one of the above mentioned units

the problem is gone. Example:

BLUFOR - US WW2 - WW2 101st airborne infantry okay

so make sure to restart Arma2 before trying !!

Greetz Waxbutter.

ps ill take a look at the configs to spot any irregularities

Edited by Waxbutter

Other mission makers could be interested how I solved this strange 'You can not play this mission because it is based on downloaded content that has been deleted: aqu_smine_patch'-Error Message I got after patch 0.99b on Dedicated Servers:

Since patch 0.99b, the aqu_smine.pbo seems to be needed by other .pbos, but it is not automatically added to the 'addons' array in mission.sqm after re-saving the mission. Furthermore, if you add it manually, it sometimes gets deleted from the array after re.saving.

So:

1) Everytime you finish a mission, check if the "aqu_smine_patch" entry is listed in the addons array in your mission.sqm.

2) If not, add it manually

3) Then, pack the mission MANUALLY. If you use the 'export to multiplayer missions' button in the editor, chances are that your manual entry will be deleted.

D.

On a sidenote: We had to revert to 0.99a, but we had a very nice evening of ~14 player coop with your mod - thanks for that!

ah Dimitri,

you found the bug nice. Yes it was a very nice event. The WW2 atmosphere is really nice in ArmA2.

Greetings

Well, yes. I hope so. At least it worked on my private Dedicated Server with a re-downloaded version of 31stN+Patch A+Patch B.

best read through csj's 'the few' thread I know I read the answer in there

That's interesting because I have nothing to do with FEW. But to the point...You cannot add it directly because it is not technically part of the same object, but with a bit of code you can...

_turret = nearestObject [_plane, "Rip31st_Lanc_Turret_rear"];

if( !(isNull _turret) ) then {

player action ["GetInGunner",_turret];

};

(Note: _plane is the Lancaster object)

Put that e.g. in the player init. Lancaster uses the old gunner system as I forgot to put the newer one where you can directly point the specific gunner position.

EDIT: The Smine got borked at some point. Will be fixed in the next release/patch.

Edited by Aqu

I redownloaded n reinstalled, problem is still there.

=> Restart Arma2 !!

go into the editor load up a map to place units

=> first unit to place and preview

BLUFOR - Great Britain WW2 - British 50th ID error

BLUFOR - Great Britain WW2 - WW2 (VIL) error

BLUFOR - Poland WW2 - WW2 (VIL) error

BLUFOR - US WW2 - WW2 (VIL) error

Unit will sink into the ground , config error.

If you select any other unit first (preview) and place one of the above mentioned units

the problem is gone. Example:

BLUFOR - US WW2 - WW2 101st airborne infantry okay

so make sure to restart Arma2 before trying !!

Greetz Waxbutter.

ps ill take a look at the configs to spot any irregularities

Does the "error" occur when you go to select the unit. What is the error you receive? Can you delete your arma.rpt and try aqain, then post your arma.rpt in the thread so I can take a look to see what is happening.

I tried to replicate this issue and mine work fine. Maybe this happens in multiplayer? Are you trying to run this with other mods?

Usually if you binarize older arma1 units and attempt to run them in arma2 they sink into the ground. The older units are unbinned for this reason. So if you're trying to bin them because you noticed they are unbinned...don't.

I really want to fix this for you so you don't have issues. It sucks if you can't play the game the way it's meant to be played.

*On that note if you guys are finding more game stopping bugs, which means either CTD, or pop up message about some error, tell us about the situation, restart the game after you deleted the arma.rpt so you have a fresh copy of it, go into the game. Duplicate the situation, and then paste it to the thread. You can use notepad to open the arma.rpt. You can find the arma.rpt by searching in arma2\other profiles.

Edited by Rip31st

Thanx for checking again Rip,

im running 31stWWA2-mod only !!

i start arma2, single player, editor, utes,

place "british 50th ID" unit (as player) and press "preview".

the map loads, once loaded the unit is sunk into the ground.

i dont get a popup window giving me a error message

Arma.Rpt => http://www36.zippyshare.com/v/14367353/file.html

British50thID.jpg

Greetz Waxbutter

Edited by Waxbutter

We have an Dedicated Server for 31stwwa2. Would be nice to have some more maps. You can post them in our forum: http://www.fh-warzone.de/wbb3/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=863 or send them by pm.

Greetings

Will do, will make some final tweaks either tonight or tomorrow and spread them round. So far I have a 20v20 on Hurtgenwald 101st vs Waffen SS and also 20v20 same map but eastern front style tank combat.

Thanx for checking again Rip,

im running 31stWWA2-mod only !!

i start arma2, single player, editor, utes,

place "british 50th ID" unit (as player) and press "preview".

the map loads, once loaded the unit is sunk into the ground.

i dont get a popup window giving me a error message

Greetz Waxbutter

I'm investigating now. Seems as though somehow your 50th ID units are binned where they shouldn't be.

I have seen this problem before.

@Waxbutter,

Try putting a default USMC soldier in the mission aswell, but before you preveiw it.

Steve.

Hey Guys,

i think you need some new german Camouflage Pattern.

069.jpg

062.jpg

089.jpg

032.jpg

063.jpg

Edited by Dosenmais

there is a config.cpp in the ww2brit.PBO not a config.bin

Thanx AnsacSas Steve, im using the 101st units to correct the problem.

probably i only need to place working german units first and then the british units.

Greetz Waxbutter

Edited by Waxbutter

I'm investigating now. Seems as though somehow your 50th ID units are binned where they shouldn't be.

I had the exact same problem, I 'forgot' to activate CBA.

Not sure whether it's required or not but it worked.

FW's AI Stuka seems not to attack any ground targets in 31st Mod. By way, what AI flights you guys are using now as supporting fire?? I also tried some other planes in the Mod and still couldn't attack the ground targets.

very good mod but i have a problem with the american units, they seem all to talk in russian or czech but the germans talk in english.

is this a bug ?

More bug reports :

- when placing empty 31stWC => Flak36 8.8cm the following message appeared :

"cannot load material file ca\wheelded\data\mhhwv_regular_1.rvmat"

- I jumped out of an airplane with alliedchute, landed in a heavely wooded area.

The chute bounced on top of the trees (collision detection), finally killing me.

(maybe decrease the size of the geometry)

Greetz Waxbutter

Edited by Waxbutter

there is a config.cpp in the ww2brit.PBO not a config.bin

Thanx AnsacSas Steve, im using the 101st units to correct the problem.

probably i only need to place working german units first and then the british units.

Greetz Waxbutter

I will bin the config and release a patch later today. Do the Vilas units do the same?

FW's AI Stuka seems not to attack any ground targets in 31st Mod. By way, what AI flights you guys are using now as supporting fire?? I also tried some other planes in the Mod and still couldn't attack the ground targets.

I did not config the FEW aircraft which would be the stuka. What I can do is contact them to see if I can get them to modify their config to do that. The 31st aircraft do detect and attack ground units.

very good mod but i have a problem with the american units, they seem all to talk in russian or czech but the germans talk in english.

is this a bug ?

This is a known issue and we have not programmed languages yet. Look for that in the 1.00 release

More bug reports :

- when placing empty Flak8.8cm the following message appeared :

- I jumped out of an airplane with alliedchute, landed in a heavely wooded area.

The chute bounced on top of the trees (collision detection), finally killing me.

(maybe decrease the size of the geometry)

Greetz Waxbutter

Thanks I will take care of both. I appreciate it.

Edited by Rip31st

I asked this a while back, but it never got answered. Do you plan on expanding on the French side? Maybe French troops for invasion of France, or the French Resistance? I was just wondering because the French faction only has one plane...

Yes other units have the same sink in ground error,

BLUFOR - Great Britain WW2 - British 50th ID

BLUFOR - Great Britain WW2 - WW2 (VIL)

BLUFOR - Poland WW2 - WW2 (VIL)

BLUFOR - US WW2 - WW2 (VIL)

OPFOR - Germany WW2 - WW2 (VIL)

The other units seem to be working just fine !!

- The British 50th ID don't come equiped with a map.

Thanx for fixing it Rip31st !, Greetz Waxbutter

Edited by Waxbutter

One bug I noticed is when using groups for these, ArmA II crashes.

- when placing empty Flak8.8cm the following message appeared :

I guess that is not my 88, because I don't use such a texture (unless Rip has added something).

I understand you want to create some missing Brit stuff, but why put effort on some stuff which is here already. Not saying you couldn't do that, but somehow it would feel bit more useful to add something new as you say your mod is to run together this mod ("This addon-Mod is to be used together with 31stWWA2 mod. The Vehicles use the 31stWWA2 Drivers, Gunners, Commanders and Pilots.").