Sign in to follow this  
BeerHunter

Will some of the annoying little quirks be fixed in OA?

I'm just wondering if some of the annoying quirks players often complain about such as the voices , the command structure (some don't work,others don't do what they are supposed to or what you think they should do ) , the voice looping , constant repeating of the same command etc. are going to be fixed in OA?

I'm just wondering if some of the annoying quirks players often complain about such as the voices , the command structure (some don't work,others don't do what they are supposed to or what you think they should do ) , the voice looping , constant repeating of the same command etc. are going to be fixed in OA?

Will you stop complaining before OA is released?

I doubt it :rolleyes:

People kept complaining about performance, BIS fixed it (for the most part) in a patch. People complained about the AI; BIS are still fixing with patches. People kept requesting 100 little things be different (too many to remember); BIS have changed/are changing with patches.

BE PATIENT!

People kept complaining about performance, BIS fixed it (for the most part) in a patch.

uhhh, no...

there's still going to be a few patches or so before the game is anywhere close to being playable in large cities.

uhhh, no...

Uhhh YES, performance has been drastically increased.

No doubt you are running an antique and expecting 200 FPS OMFGZ0R!!111!!!11

**EDIT**

As I suspected

i have athlon x2 5600+

2gb ram

9800gtx 512mb ram

updated drivers, etc

Old hardware (in some cases 2+ years old). PC != console I'm afraid.

You forgot to start your sentence with: 'For me,'

Performance has greatly increased for me, from the 1.0, even the 1.04

You forgot to start your sentence with: 'For me,'

Performance has greatly increased for me, from the 1.0, even the 1.04

Same here. Before 1.03 I could barely run the game at 320x240 resolution without overheating, now I can keep it running at 640x480. :)

Yeah this is getting real old...

BIS is working their asses off as you should know by now. One thing at the time. FPS is up a lot for myself and my mates compared to start.

And im sure OA will improve on many areas. But we arent there yet. We are enjoying ARMA2 atm.

Ta ta

My quirks are mainly the AI (AI controlled squads/groups)

Voices I don't really care for ingames, these keep me laughing so who cares, BIS just needs to fix it so when I say what settlement are we in, I only say WHAT? Also like you said the constant spam of commands, like go im covering, enemy man to our front.

Maybe the voices could use different structures that could improve the on the realism of the speech, instead of saying enemy western man, they could say Tango (clock). Hostile close.

Adding more options/tabs to the editor should be something easy for BIS to improve on, help alot of people out like me when I first bought Arma 2 out.

Adding weapon loadout, adding options to respawn (unit/entity), mission briefing/objectives, easy victory conditions and defeat via premade triggers, ect these things would make the game look less intimidating to the consumer. Not everyone knows how to script and alot of people get easily frusterated especially if it should be standard ingame like respawns.

Other quirks like having seperate animations for each weapon, not being able to reload a launcher while running, being able to prone with certain launchers, a real javelin interface, small arms firing that can destory tanks.

Just focus more on tweaking existing gameplay mechanics and less on graphics, content content, modules, modules, gameplay gameplay gameplay, refine refine refine, add new gameplay mechanics I think the bag system is awesome, FLIR/flashlights add whole new demensions to Arma.

I'm well aware of the performance issues and that they have a much much higher priority than the little idiosyncrasies I'm talking about in ArmA2.

I'm just wondering , since OA is basically being built from scratch and there are supposed to be some engine enhancements if this would be the time to iron these little irritations out while the developers are devoting their time and efforts to improving ArmA2.

For me , the performance and FPS isn't an issue as I'm enjoying the game even with my systems limitations. I just get frustrated sometimes when the suspense os shattered by ..."man..far...to...our...right" or constantly having to hear hearing "go..I'm covering":mad: (I had a mod that silenced these but it doesn't work under the latest patches).

uhhh, no...

there's still going to be a few patches or so before the game is anywhere close to being playable in large cities.

I get performance problems sometimes, but cities are just an incremental fps hit and are very playable.

The game doesn't seem to work the same on any two computers.

I can't drive on Chernarus because of the skipping. I like what they said about optimization though, granted, they did say the same thing about A2 and it almost murdered my poor computer :(

I wouldn't mind a cleaner UI; learning how to get around online often requires a teacher and many, many hours. Ordering a squad around isn't too fun.