Sign in to follow this  
swat.tr

HK-G3 Sniper Rifle

HK-G3 Sniper Rifle

16231_1209402067700_1008162118_30580745_5303673_n.jpg16231_1209402267705_1008162118_30580750_4362127_n.jpg16231_1209402427709_1008162118_30580754_8020316_n.jpg16231_1209402347707_1008162118_30580752_2276210_n.jpg

Hi everyone

This is SWAT-TR from Turkish ArmA Community Website, "Armed Assault Turkiye". We are glad to announce our first ArmA II addon, "HK-G3 Assault Rifle with Sniper Scope".

---Armed Assault TR Credits---

Model MOdifications........Mehmet06

Config, Consulting.........SWAT.TR

http://www.turkish-mod-team.com

Edited by SWAT.TR

Turkish version of G3 is different from German ?

M4 stock (visible on screen) ? curved magazine ?

Turkey has own version of G3 ?

Edited by vilas

of G3 is different from German ?

M4 stock ? curved magazine ?

Turkey has own version of G3 ?

Tanks guys

Turkish version Not different to German model,this Addon Using G 3 magazine

so TRexian Singature ore to be inspired.

hehe

This is a great rifle - the G3 is almost as good as a CETME. ;) :D

The model is excellent - these guys did an outstanding job on it.

I can't wait for their next project! ;)

anything else comin from turkish mod guys?

didnt see any news in other forums

Finally! I have always dreamed of a bolt action G3! (Thats some sarcasm for you there). And i have never seen a curved mag on a G3 before. But maybe they do exist. But im 100% positive that ALL G3's are Semi automatic and most of them even fully automatic.

Make it semi auto instead of one shot/minute and me love long time.

Edited by Angle

Finally! I have always dreamed of a bolt action G3! (Thats some sarcasm for you there). And i have never seen a curved mag on a G3 before. But maybe they do exist. But im 100% positive that ALL G3's are Semi automatic and most of them even fully automatic.

Make it semi auto instead of one shot/minute and me love long time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CETME_Model_L

base of HK G3 today.

What do you mean "chambered for 7.62"? 7.62x ??? The G3 is chambered for 7.62x51 (US .308 basically).

of course this model looks strange, thats why i asked about it

on screen it has M4 stock, curved magazine, thats why i asked about Turkish version

as answer was it has no difference from German, than i am surprised, cause German would look like those i made :

g3.jpg

so i am surprised to see 7.62*51 curved magazine + M4 buttstock (visible on screen)

thats why i asked about Turkish version, TRexian is it real gun of Turkish army what you have on your avatar photo ( http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c114/TRexian/JTD/jtd_CETME_02.jpg ) ? or plastic ASG from "Century arms" ? or maybe it is CETME not HK G3 ?

cause maybe in this addon there is CETME variant, not HK rifle ?

Edited by vilas

What do you mean "chambered for 7.62"? 7.62x ??? The G3 is chambered for 7.62x51 (US .308 basically).

Of course he means 7.62x51mm. EVER heard about a 7.62x39mm one? However I've never ever seen a curved 20rnd G3 magazine either, so I understand the questions. Only curved mags I've seen are for 5.56mm variants like HK33, Turkish variants of it, and the CETME L.

I have seen modifications of the G3 with a M4 buttstock though, so that'd work.

Of course he means 7.62x51mm. EVER heard about a 7.62x39mm one?

there was model of HK rifle that was able to use AK ammo

i can't remember exact name, but for special purpose or as a commercial proposal (not issued for any army)

maybe Turkey has other type of rifle ?

hehe

@ Vilas - you have a good eye, my friend. :D Indeed, mine is a substantially modified US-legal semi-auto only CETME, with some G3 "furniture" on it. I love the wood of the CETME, but I love the Evil Black Rifle look of the G3 more.

@ Inko - I wasn't sure what he meant, that's why I asked. ;) There are 3 popular "7.62" calibers I can think of. In terms of the mag, I have seen some curved-type mags, but I believe they are modified to be 30 round. Edit: the mag in my sig pic is a 20 rnd, and as I look at it, it does look slightly curved. IRL, it is "angled" I guess, but basically a box version.

I was small part of the development of this, and I may be speaking out of turn, but the intent was to create a scoped HK G3. I've taken a look at the config, and PM'd SWAT about the select-fire issue. As sometimes happens in community development ;) this may be a situation where an old config got switched before release.

It is an easy config change to get it to be semi/full selectable.

Edited by TRexian
Add the info about my magazine.

Thought they use (or at least used) a licence-produced variant of the HK33? Well, nvm. Shouldn't derail the thread more I think. :P

And yeah, there are slightly curved 30rnd mags for 7.62x51mm, but they are huge. Ver long, and very much in the way. Pretty much impossible to use prone without getting way too high for safety ^^

Edited by Inkompetent

Oh, there *are* curved 30rnd 7.62mm mags. I definitely don't think they are produced by H&K though, and I have no clue about their reliability or why anyone would want to use them. Seen pictures of a G3A3 with 30rnd mag though. Thanks for the nice piccies though :)