Sign in to follow this  
Alex72

Latest beta and CTD - please read

Definately having problems with a USMC motorcycle and default Humvee here since installing the last beta. Happens right after I drive off. Back to previous, then...

Hi.

Ok i have been testing the MP on a berzerk server for 5 hours with the new beta.. so far so good. No CTD. Lets see if i can play another 5 hours again without any CTD.

Cheers

I did discover it in 60295, twice in a row hosting a Cipher MP mission. Nothing I can pin it on.

Anyone getting same issue with the 309?

it's already fixed in 308/309

Not quite. Was just playing Cipher 1.41b, running beta build 60309 and it crashed twice in a row after just starting to drive away in an open truck. Works fine for armed offroad vehicle. (Helicopter kept crashing at the end - but thats a crash for a different thread :)

EDIT: Just tried a few unarmed cars in the editor...no CTD. *shrug*

Edited by Bascule42

Not quite. Was just playing Cipher 1.41b, running beta build 60309 and it crashed twice in a row after just starting to drive away in an open truck. Works fine for armed offroad vehicle. (Helicopter kept crashing at the end - but thats a crash for a different thread :)

EDIT: Just tried a few unarmed cars in the editor...no CTD. *shrug*

Did you start the mission fresh, or continue from last savegame? Sorry for pointing the obvious, but that's the only thing that came ontop of my head right now

I don't have any problems now. No more CTD i believe. I was playing for some hours last day, and had only arma2 hangup when i got shoot by heavy armor, like tanks. After that i can't respawn . Have to use task manager to close arma2.exe. Not sure if this is only for the berzerk server.

But the other CTD is gone.

CTD's connected to this issue fixed. Latest beta should not have this problem anymore.

Just thought id mention it seems like all my crashing to desktop (without a error message) is fixed but last night i was playing cti for a change & got a blue screen of death on beta patch 60588 while i was flying a chopper it was awhile into my flight after alot of action.

I've been expieriencing random CTD's / system hangs with the 588 patch.

Seems completely random, closing the map interface, fire through a window, walking, breathing :(.

It runs fine prior to these crashes which usually occur within 20 minutes of starting the game but can sometimes not occur at all.

Specs:

XP32

i7 920 @ 3.9

3gb

Gtx 285 x2

320 gb 7200rpm hdd

or

Win764

i7 920 @ 3.9

12gb

Gtx 285 x2

500 gb 7200 rpm hdd

Graphics options on both o/s installs are high with the exception of terrain detail (set to med), object and shadow (vhigh) AF (disabled handled by control panel at x8).

On a positive note, win 7 performance has seen some improvement with 588 when not crashing. It's armamark scores have surpassed xp's by some 400 points.