Sign in to follow this  
shadowtitan

Squad won't follow.

Sorry if this was posted before.

The other members in my fireteam wont follow me, i remember reading that if you set them to danger they wouldn't follow you.

If i tell them to move to a position the move there, but they just wont follow me.

Help!

they follow, but much much slower

you must wait for them and also move slower and more carefully

No i mean they just will not follow me, i set them to safe and tell them to regroup and they just get in formation and will not move. I can run a KM away and they just stand in the same spot doing nothing.

hmmm

if you say 7-2 (danger) they should start aiming, moving slower, searching for danger

but should still follow you (but few times slower)

repeat them 1-1 ?

Sorry if this was posted before.

The other members in my fireteam wont follow me, i remember reading that if you set them to danger they wouldn't follow you.

If i tell them to move to a position the move there, but they just wont follow me.

Help!

If your playing in a claustrophobic urban environment then a compact formation is vital because the AI are often unable to regroup once seperated by walls and fences.

If your playing in a claustrophobic urban environment then a compact formation is vital because the AI are often unable to regroup once seperated by walls and fences.

yep i found that out lastnight. i had to tell my armored commander and driver to dismount becuase they flipped the tank lol. they got stuck behind a fence....

7-17 regroup

7 roger

17 roger

7 no can do

17 negative.

lmao i had to go back and tell them to move to an open space.

its those little things that crack me up lol :lol:

I experienced that "we don't follow you, stupid!" attidude of my squad-members aswell. In my case it was during a warefare session, where I usually let some AI drive my trucks filled with my squadies. Once disembarked, they refused to follow me.

The thing was: my own status was "go-there" and thus I myself was "not ready" (probably because I disembarked or ordered to disembark too early).

The solution in such a case is pretty simple. You have to radio "ready" (status), your status changes to ready and there, your squadies will happily follow you again!

Though I can imagine that there are other factors, makeing you "un-followable".

okay, some explanations:

if AI has problem with movement in city - it looks they see no path between buildings , maybe error of model of building

my advice

first learn more, than command them in cities

learn on terrain

choose open area:

1-1

7-9

3-7

7-2

1-1

and go slowly, look how they follow

wanna closer them

8-8

1-1

than enter city and observe them

in terrain 8-3, 8-7

when you afraid and want put AI in front of you 8-6

for me AI in A2 is very helpfull

in A1 was tragic, but BIS made big step

when i play my AI team, they are strong fist :)

please treat this game more seriously, it is not "one push button machine"

I've had them be completely stuck in really open spaces in cities as well. Near the harbor in Elektrozavodsk can be problematic at times. It looks really open and not something that should cause problems, yet they get stuck with no apparent objects nearby.

However, stuck AI is really not as problematic as it was in Arma1. Annoying, yes, but I'll live with it.

I don't know if this was mentioned- look to see if your character has a status above your picture on the bottom sometimes reading "hold" or something similar. If that's the case the AI will not return to your formation but rather the highest unit that has a 'blank' status.

To get rid of any werid status your guy for some reason has, just report ready- I think it's 9-8 ( or something like that)

It looks really open and not something that should cause problems, yet they get stuck with no apparent objects nearby.

The latest 2 betas and the next patch specificaly fix team formation, and getting stuck with objects.

I've had them be completely stuck in really open spaces in cities as well. Near the harbor in Elektrozavodsk can be problematic at times. It looks really open and not something that should cause problems, yet they get stuck with no apparent objects nearby.

However, stuck AI is really not as problematic as it was in Arma1. Annoying, yes, but I'll live with it.

You do realise that the harbour ITSELF is an object? A really huge one which unfortunaely the AI cant navigate at all - they semm to treat the harbour area as a building thus only moving around if possible and getting lost while inside of it