Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

!Beta Troubleshooting, Tips, FAQs

beta.bat

start /wait Expansion\beta\arma2oaserver.exe -noFilePatching -config=serverOA.cfg -cfg=basicOA.cfg -name=OA -port=2402 -profiles=D:\ARMA -nosound -cpuCount=2 -exThreads=1 -mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\expansion

yep

The same mods loaded as in the cmd-fila, which dont work correctly.

It kicks "some" people out and other not.

Even if same client mods are loaded.

So to prevent people from getting kicked out, I can't start with that beta string. I can only use vanilla A2:CO.

oohhh

Have they fixed it?

[78048] Fixed: Signatures GameSpy key truncated to at most 200 Bytes. Too long list has caused other GS keys were not available due to overflow.

hmm...I might check this one out....

would it be a big deal of making something to make all the clients use the same beta. Like some *.bikey for each beta thats allowed or something.

Having a hard time checking what the clients uses.

**I think ive figured it out, ingnore the post below.**

Hey guys, had a quick read though the thread and couldnt see it but does anyone know how I run CO beta STEAM version but also have commands lines in there as well? Im a bit lost and its been ages since I tired any of the arma betas tbh.

Edited by Pvtpile1981

Hey guys ... Loving the new beta versions client side.

Need to start using the OAServer now but having problems getting started.

I moved the OAServer to my Working directory and am using the following command line to call it ....

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\arma2oaserver.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -config=serverxxx.cfg -port=2302 -cfg=BetaServer.cfg -profiles=BetaProfile.cfg -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX

Server Box starts but I get the message ..... Addon 'Extended Event_Handlers' requires addon CATracked2_AAV

I think it's something to do with CO .v. OA and I have Combined ops. It has been a while since I have created a server like this and probably just rusty, but I wanted to make sure I was being stupid and there was not some special way to be using this since it was a beta version.

Any help would be appreciated ... I am trying to test the BETA OAServer on my PC before uploading and using it on our server. All of our clan now has been running the beta clients successfully with GREAT improvements in fps and general performance. Thanks for the work.

Thanks in advance

Oh. PS .. I just ran out of space in my target line adding mods .. is there a work around ?

Edited by jxjcksn

you can use batch files for longer targets line or tools to handle the startup

where is arma2 installed? since 1.60 it should launch CO automatically. it seems your registry entry is missing

Thanks for the reply PVP ... I'll research using batch files to find out how that works.

My ArmaII is located in my COMMON directory in Steam. - I remember reading something about registry entries in the forums - I'll find it.

My normal arma game starts no problem in CO using the Beta Shortcut .... just starting the server seems not to call CO.

Thanks again - will update my progress when I get to play around after work

Sorted my problem by using the command -par=XXXX.txt in the target line.

Created the file XXXX.txt in my Operation arrowhead directory with 1 line containing all my mods

i.e. -mod=@CBA;@CBA_OA;@CBA-A2; etc etc etc

Solved the error message by copying whole contents of A2 into OA folder :-)

yup thats a fair "hack" to go the easy way :)

when ever i launch this beta patch, i get the error, no entry ".profilePathDefault", how does one fix this, or at least tell me what it means. i am using retail ArmA 2 and i have tried launching the Beta with both the launching thing and going to the beta folder itself.

I have a Steam copy of game. I did everything according to instructions on wiki. When I joining the server I see a sign "You were kicked off from server". And so on every server.

Hello, new guy here!

Seems like the patches are unavailable, when I try to download from the official beta patch site, I am either disconnected or asked to enter a username/password. If I try to log in as anonymous I'm redirected back to the login screen. Been searching for a long time for a solution or explaination but nothing has surfaced so far. Problem on my side?

Hello, new guy here!

Seems like the patches are unavailable, when I try to download from the official beta patch site, I am either disconnected or asked to enter a username/password. If I try to log in as anonymous I'm redirected back to the login screen. Been searching for a long time for a solution or explaination but nothing has surfaced so far. Problem on my side?

Not your problem. That happens when Beta FTP server has reached maximum users. You should try finding a mirror of that same beta in Armaholic or other community site. Or try again later with the FTP ;)

Ok, thank you. I love how armaholics both mirrors lead to the official site. Amazing how underpowered those servers gotta be, been trying sporadically for almost 5 hours with no success. The frustration is palpable.

when attempting to update to the latest patch (96061/63), via dayz commander or manual download, the install seems to go through but dayz commander sees my version as being out of date.

i checked my game dir and i do not have a /beta directory.

have had no issues updating to 95248 but i cannot update to 96476 or any version after 95248.

what am i doing wrong?

Seems to be a DayZ Commander issue. Installing and running the latest betas without DayZ Commander works just fine.

ive tried that and dayz commander still reads my version as outdated. is that a bug within dayz commander? thanks!

ive tried that and dayz commander still reads my version as outdated. is that a bug within dayz commander? thanks!

i see there is a new beta showing up on dayz commander and im still having issues updating. dayz commander shows im using arma 2 version 95248 and version 96493/95 is available.

seems like ive been stuck on 95248 since it was released. ive uninstalled and reinstalled arma 2 CO and dayz, deleted all content, tried backing up and restoring, nada.

any help?

-edit-

fixed. it seems that override is checked by default in the directories area under settings. unchecking it allowed my client to update to the latest VIA dayz commander.

Edited by thejerk

I have the following problem. My Arma2 reinforcements is updated to the latest beta 1.62.97361. If I start the game via Play withSIX launcher, the latest beta is shown as it is supposed to, but if I start the game with the shortcut and the following default settings:

Target: "C:\Program Files\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe" -nosplash -mod=beta;BAF;PMC

Start in: "C:\Program files\ArmA 2"

the version started is 1.62.95248. I am a bit confuzed...

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash

that is my Default shortcut that appears when i install the beta. Its in your root A2 folder.(I install A2 then OA.)

If I try to run the game from a batch file, like I always do, like this:

START "ArmA 2" "D:\Pelit\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion; -nosplash -exThreads=7

It works. However, if I try to use mods, and do it like this:

START "ArmA 2" "D:\Pelit\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion; -nosplash -exThreads=7 -mod=ACR;@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@JTD;@JSRS1.4;@ASR_AI;@Blastcore_Tracers;@Blastcore_Visuals_R1.2;@STmods;@TPW_AI_LOS;@TPWC_AI_SUPPRESS;

I get a "No entry .cfgworlds" or something like that when itry to start the game.

Same happens if, instead of pointing at the executable in the Expansion\beta folder, I do it with the one in the main program folder. Same also happens if I try to append the -beta=<stuff> into the modline.

What am I doing wrong?

E:

derp.

If I do it with the main executable, it runs but it doesn't use the beta.

"-mod=expansion\beta;expansion\beta\expansion;@modX;@etc"

Use the beta as a mod.

"-mod=expansion\beta;expansion\beta\expansion;@modX;@etc"

Use the beta as a mod.

If I do that the game says it's running 95248, not 99202.

e: I've figured out the problem: you can't set a "start in" path in batch files (or if you can, please let me know how). This is inconvenient, because now I have to start combining my mod folders so I can fit everything into the shortcut target path, which can make mod management tricky.

Edited by Concurssi

e: I've figured out the problem: you can't set a "start in" path in batch files (or if you can, please let me know how). This is inconvenient, because now I have to start combining my mod folders so I can fit everything into the shortcut target path, which can make mod management tricky.

use the option /Dpath where path is the starting directory, this is the script i use to start Arma CO with mods and beta, feel free to adapt it to your needs

@echo off

setlocal enableextensions

set MODSTRINGCOMMON=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@ACE;@ACEX;@JSRS;@JSRS_ACE;@Blastcore_Visuals;@TrackIR_Scope
set PARAMETERSCOMMON=-cpuCount=4 -exThreads=7 -nosplash -world=empty -malloc=tbb4malloc_bi
set PARAMETERSOFFICIAL=
set PARAMETERSBETA=
set BETAPATH=Expansion\beta
set MODSTRINGBETA=%BETAPATH%;%BETAPATH%\Expansion;@okt_NoBlurBeta
set MODSTRINGOFFICIAL=@okt_noblur
set EXE=ARMA2OA.exe

:v64_path_a2oa
for /F "Tokens=2* skip=2" %%E in ('reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2 OA" /v "Main"') do (set ARMAPATH=%%F)

if not defined ARMAPATH (goto v32_path_a2oa) else (goto menu1)

:v32_path_a2oa
For /F "Tokens=2* skip=2" %%G In ('reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2 OA" /v "Main"') do set (ARMAPATH=%%H)

if not defined ARMAPATH (goto uac_PATH_A2OA) else (goto menu1)

:uac_PATH_A2OA
@for /F "tokens=2* delims=	 " %%M in ('reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2 OA" /v "Main"') do (SET ARMAPATH=%%N)

if not defined ARMAPATH (goto std_PATH_A2OA) else (goto menu1)

:std_PATH_A2OA
@for /F "tokens=2* delims=	 " %%O in ('reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2 OA" /v "Main"') do (SET ARMAPATH=%%P)

if not defined ARMAPATH (goto ENDfailA2OA) else (goto menu1)

:menu1

echo.
echo Choose between official or beta version (5 seconds timeout)
echo.
echo 1) Official version
echo 2) Beta version (default)
echo 3) Quit
echo.

choice /C:123 /D 2 /T 5 /M "Your choice:"
if errorlevel == 3 goto quit
if errorlevel == 2 goto betastarter
if errorlevel == 1 goto officialstarter

:officialstarter

start "" /D "%ARMAPATH%" /B "%ARMAPATH%\%EXE%" "-mod=%MODSTRINGOFFICIAL%;%MODSTRINGCOMMON%" %PARAMETERSCOMMON% %PARAMETERSOFFICIAL%

goto quit

:betastarter

start "" /D "%ARMAPATH%" /B "%ARMAPATH%\%BETAPATH%\%EXE%" "-beta=%MODSTRINGBETA%;%MODSTRINGCOMMON%" %PARAMETERSCOMMON% %PARAMETERSBETA%

goto quit

:quit
@exit /B 0

:ENDfailA2OA
@exit /B 1

Edited by t0t3m