Sign in to follow this  
Iena

(Guide) Play Arma1 campaign on Arma 2 with CAA1 plus the OAC

Hi at all my friend,today i have read this awensome AddoN CAA1 and i have install it...

I have open the editor and i have find the Arma1 Maps:eek::eek::eek:

It's beautiful,there is a lot of stuf....:eek::eek

Now i will play the campaign of Arma 1 on Arma 2,but i have read a lot of guide on armaholic,dev-heaven,but i don't understand nothing...

Now I am not an expert modder, and then ask you if you could create a guide for us newbies to help us understand this wonderful world of mod ...

I have install CAA1,and i have create a mod folder that i have called Campaign in the main folder of Arma2...

I have put the campaign.pbo that i have take from my Arma1 folder,and i have placed in the Campaign folder in Arma 2...

I start Arma2 and i chose the campign,but i have this erro message and i return to windows...

Error Message;

Config: some imput after EndOFile

I have put the SP mission and some wors and some not...

I apologize for my English,and I ask you to help us,to create this guide,please..

I know my friend,i hope that someone can help us:(:(

I know my friend,i hope that someone can help us:(:(

I think he's referring to the translation.

Simply put: It's not possible until someone converts the Arma campaign to Arma2. CAA1 is only the addons, but no campaign included. Sorry man. Maybe one day we WILL have the Arma campaign in Arma2.

And to these guys that are being jerks:

Leave the guy alone. He misunderstood Caa1 and thought he could play the campaign. Why don't you read the Caa1 readme in a language that's new to you?

Oh wait, you can't?!?

Glad to help you out Iena. :)

Did you read the OAC forum yet?

Obviously people already did work on the conversion.

I suggest you to ask them to become a tester.

Sorry for my English but I always try to write in a more correct way..

:)

I think he's referring to the translation.

For kju:

I have read the OAC forum,but i have not understand nothing,it's so technical,and i am not an expert modder...:(:(

But I don't understand why I can play the SP missions of Arma1 but not the campaign...

Thanks a lot

For SnakeGRNET:

Thanks a lot friend, I was really happy when I saw many responses on this threads...

So today there isn't a way to play the campaign of Arma 1 on Arma 2, right?

Only tester....right?

Many thanks to all.

Kju was saying that you can sign up to become a tester.

If you don't get what this means, you can play test the campaign and report bugs to OAC.

You just need to ask on the OAC forums to sign up for a tester position. :)

But today there isn't a way to play the campaign of Arma 1 on Arma 2, or not?

If i don't know this,how can I sign up to become a tester. ?:(

Kju was saying that you can sign up to become a tester.

If you don't get what this means, you can play test the campaign and report bugs to OAC.

You just need to ask on the OAC forums to sign up for a tester position. :)

You have to go on the OAC forum and ask them if you can be a beta tester. After you become a tester, they will let you play their closed beta if you report bugs to them.

All you do is ask to be a beta tester. Then you play. Its that simple.

I hope that helps.

Oh i thaught someone released an addon...

Same here, I was hoping I'd be able to download and play the ArmA 1 campaign, oh well, another dream shattered because someone didn't read the rules/forum title/etc before posting :(.

Hi my friend,you mean to me?

The way to play is become a beta tester...:):)

Same here, I was hoping I'd be able to download and play the ArmA 1 campaign, oh well, another dream shattered because someone didn't read the rules/forum title/etc before posting :(.

Hi Iena

actually before bringing over the campaign of Armed Assault to Arma2 the campaign must be checked and tested first before it is getting officially released and subsequently ported to Arma 2. The Caa1 Oac projects goal is to make Armed assault content playable in ArmA2. since there are quite some differences between Armed Assault and ArmA2 things must be tested first to make everything work perfectly and release a flawless conversion. Now there are a lot of community members working on the tests and the conversion to make that happen. Everything is being tested from addons to all single 3D objects you will find in game. Since the addon making community has set high standards before things are being released to the public it takes naturally some time to get everything tested. Just be a little bit patient my friend and you will see that things will change. There's so much that you can do and explore in the meantime that you won't get bored.

It makes little sense to play test the campaign due to the difficulties in communicating in a language related to game terms and a beta tester is doing exactly that . . . he tests and gives indications to the modding team about eventual flaws which they will correct.

I don't want to discourage you since it was kju himself who proposed it So if you think you could give them some valuable input then give it a shot.

My kudos to the Caa1 OAC modding team, this is a great undertaking and the results I've seen so far are outstanding thank you so much for this project. It makes the ArmA community much richer now.:D

@ kju

I hope that someone in future will bring the RACS infantry units to ArmA 2. I got a more than 50 mission SP campaign WIP which is progressing slowly but surely (due to RL isues) and I'm only halfway done with it. I tried to load one mission in ArmA2 it works perfectly only thing is there are Guerrilla units instead of the RACS now which destroys naturally the whole plot of the campaign. So I keep editing in Armed assault due to this little restriction. It looks really odd not having the RACS showing up.:eek:

@ Iena

1.) try to install goggle toolbar it has a feature that it will translate the word you point your cursor on in your respective language.

2.) Try using google translate. It is free and you will be able to understand the sense of what you translate even it is still far from being perfect, when it comes to the translation itself. It will help you though to overcome your language barrier and you will improve on a long term definitely your English skills. Just a piece of a humble advice and I appreciate your effort to communicate in English

Kind regards

nettrucker:cool:

Edited by nettrucker
my business

Hi my friend,you mean to me?

The way to play is become a beta tester...:):)

I didn't understand a word you just said.

I didn't understand a word you just said.

Then you need to go back to school and learn English...

On a different note... Great post nettrucker.

I am looking foward to the ArmA 1 campaign being converted over. I hope it is still being worked on. Certainly having the islands will be nice too.

I always meant to play through the ArmA 1 campaign, but back when I bought it my computer couldn't handle the game. Years later when I got a new comp I didn't get into ArmA again until I downloaded the ACE mod. Great mod, but it didn't work well with the SP campaign. I tried to fight a nice assortment of mods to add better weapons, effects, tracers, and etc. comparable with the campaign but couldn't find anything that made the experience closer to that of ArmA 2.

So good luck CAA1 guys, look foward to seeing your next releases.

The core question is whether you guys want to do play-testing and report problems or

wait for (more) polished versions of campaigns.

Then you need to go back to school and learn English...

No point if you're reading broken English. :rolleyes:

And I still don't see how this thread hasn't been locked/moved.

The core question is whether you guys want to do play-testing and report problems or

wait for (more) polished versions of campaigns.

Hi kju

RL issues are preventing me from testing . . . unfortunately, otherwise I would join your project. And the little time I've left . . . I'm dedicating it to make some missions. I'm sure you'll understand, I will contribute to the community releasing my campaign once it'll be ready. Again my kudos for your great project.

Cheers

nettrucker:D

No worries. For mission designers/campaign makers doing new projects is naturally more

appealing - though way more work.

For people new(er) to mission making, tweaking other people's mission is a way to get

into it.

I'm currently working on a ArmA campaign conversion based on caa1 and oac.

It's in a playable state but not good enough yet for a public release.

If people are interrested in playtesting drop by on http://dev-heaven.net/projects/show/oac. Helping hands on fine tuning the missions are always welcome to :)

It's basicly testing missions thourougly on triggers, loadouts script errors etc.

I must say that some missions are a much better experience then the originals.

Arma 1 campaign was not playable for me, so many bugs! I'm looking forward to this!

You find the a1 campaign here.

It is actually way more fun than back when playing it in a1 itself. :D