Kristian

Unit expansions

Would you buy these expansions?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy these expansions?

• Yes
    • No
    • I think its bad idea to devolepe such expansions

If I were to buy it, it would have to be gameplay changing stuff, fixing hardcoded stuff that modders cant fix,

not just more addons that function sort of half way compared to their real life counterparts.

No. Unit and equipment basically covers my need and then some already. There are far more important things to address.

Hmm, even though most replies say "no", the poll option "yes" has most votes. British Afgan units with their own radio chat would be cool. Or at least some whole shitpack of vehicles from VBS2 :D

i think it wrong idea

someone told that BIS stuff is better, bullshit

BIS makes engine

but when it comes to armies, weapons, soldiers, uniforms, vehicles they do mistakes, that addonmakers from own countries do not

for example Arma 1

total nonse mix of Army, Marines, called Marmy

weapons with wrong peripherals

even in Arma2 we have wrong RPK, wrong Russian vest, wrong AK107, wrong other things like DSHK on T72, AKS74U has better range of fire than M4 and even HK G36A

etc. errors

addonmakers do better stuff when it comes to addons realism

so paying for expansions of wrong armies, sorry , than most of addonmaking community will say goodbye and start to find joy in stupid shooters instead of hard work for not gratefull stupid kids who say for example that custom addon is worse cause Ghost Recon or something is oracle

if BIS will concentrate on adding not proper addons instead of fixing engine, than sense of addonmaking and this community collapse

ONLY BIS can fix engine

and only ex soldiers of each country can do best addons , cause they do know what pouch, what belt and where is stock release button and what scope was used mainly on which rifle

cause BIS sometimes was making fantasy (whole OFP armament: Soviets had T72 Czech version, BMP ambulance is ONLY in Czech army, RPG75 is Czech launcher, Skorpion was in Czech army, AK has no burst, Bizon is 1992 not 1985, Carl Gustav is not guided... many many more)

in Arma 1 and Arma 2 we have the same SVD model which is safety switched (cannot fire)

let BIS focus on fixing engine

we , the addonmakers community will focus on realistic units to the screw, rivet and button

Edited by vilas

BIS should imho primarly optimize Arma2 and try to fix bugs & issues. Quality over quantity! :)

That'd be wiselly done. It would rise the enjoyability of ArmA2 alot! :D

Its weird that I can run Crysis on all settings high but cant run ArmA2 on high.. well ArmA2 is alot bigger, but to be honest, its optimisation isnt the best possible (dont get mad, but OFP2 seems to have pretty good optimisation, as I can run it on all high, and it has pretttty big island I think :P)

Maybe small expansions wouldn't be best of idea, but what if they did it the way bungie did. They released multiple expansions. The first expansion cost about 9$, after second expansion was released, first expansion became free.

addonmakers do better stuff when it comes to addons realism

Yes and no. I've had addons with such high poly counts for the sake of realism that it bogged down the game. Addons may come with "realistic" armor values, making them godlike if you engage them with non addon stuff. Addons sometimes comes with "realistic" sound levels (from the addon makers point of view) that completely overpowers the rest of the vehicles on the battlefield.

"Realism" isn't always a good thing. Some addon makers tend to overdo things for the sake of "realism", but somehow I prefer the consistency of the default stuff that BIS provides.

Maybe small expansions wouldn't be best of idea, but what if they did it the way bungie did. They released multiple expansions. The first expansion cost about 9$, after second expansion was released, first expansion became free.

Those creating content (vehicles, textures, landscape etc), are not the same as those fixing engine (for the most part) bugs. You need to keep them busy in order to make their job interresting.

Edited by CarlGustaffa

Yes and no.

you're mistaken

the fact that some people never heard about word "optimalisation" and paste models strictly form 3DMAX

i do models in Oxygen (i have no MAX) only and all works good

model with every screw modelled is wrong , but in many cases BIS units have more polygons than custom addons

what is sense of barrel of rifle (cylinder shape) of 15 polygons ?

you will not see difference 10 and 18 sides

what is sense of giving wheels of 2050 polygons ?

i can do really good wheels with 1/4 of this count

but when it comes to realism many addons are better

and i think that trying to push conception that BIS should be doing "army X pack" is stupid

BIS equiped Russians like they did, in Arma 1 they have don Marmy

i wonder how will look Polish troops addon than ?

another reskin of T72 with DSHK and soldiers in american uniforms and vests and AK47 and G36 ?

nonsense

developer's job is good engine

community cares if button, pocket, rivet, screw is right

and you cannot fail trust to community makers, because there are some people who spread around them words like "i am best, i am boss" etc. while their addons are less accurate than even BIS addons

BIS are great artists but not great engineers , BIS made super look unit while addonmakers can do it is how it should be

If they came with a small campaign maybe featuring some new conflicts or new sides in the chernarus conflict or something I would buy :)

But I love the idea of new vehicles and weapons and some new islands would be cool too, maybe some islands could be only half the size of chernarus or something? :)

but dear people , making units is easy, coding and engine is hard

so do you want developer to be lazy ? to add 3 more models and 10 more combinations of copy-paste and few reskins ?

in P85 there is ca. 200 weapons, there is 80 units, there is hmm... 100 vehicles ?

free stuff, but what is neccesary it is someone to make SP missions

Namalsk and other islands are released or soon will be released